Rangers players Hang your head in shame

You should try being an adult mate.

Come on big man, your the one sniping at the players. Which part of this mess is their fault? As an adult I am sure you will understand they still have a lifestyle to maintain. And as an adult you should understand that a wage deferral means we still have to pay taxes on said wages. Get off your high horse.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He doesn't know what's going on, but he wants to make out like he does. He'd definitely take a wage-cut at his job though.

But I bet he doesnt make £12-£25k a week, so therein lies the difference. Even if they are on say £12,000 a week, taking a 75% wage cut is still £3000 a week which is about a quarter of the minimum wage for the YEAR in this country. Besides, once we came out of admin surely the new owners would be able to re-negotiate contracts and right now can these players actually sign for anyone else? So surely it would be better to have £3000 a week coming in rather than nothing and some players are bound to be on more than that, if some are on less.

You can't really compare playing for a top level football club to doing an ordinary job of work, and whilst it is hard for the fans to see players leave like this, if their heart isn't in it, then I have to say it's probably best they aren't here at a time when the club needs fighters the most. I can't have a lot of sympathy for people earning what the top earners do and if their leaving means people who are being paid in terms of a year what these players get a week get to stay on in their jobs, then its all for the best really. The people I feel sorry for the most in all of this are the employees at Ibrox on a relative pittance who might still end up out of a job because footballers will walk into other clubs, Joe Bloggs might not find it so easy to find reemployment.

This is a ridiculous topic. These guys are professionals. It's their JOB. They have a limited number of years in which they can play and earn money - why would they take a 75% cut for a club that means pretty much nothing to a lot of them? This romantic notion that they all love the club they play for etc is a load of rubbish - for a fair few of them it will just be another job to them.

The fact they even offered wage deferrals is bold enough from them when they could leave us and find a new club down south or abroad next week who'd match or better the wages they're on here.

:anguish:.

Today is the day some if not most of the Rangers team should hang there head in shame.

All this talk of players will play for free pish, all they wanted was wage deffrals not to play for free of wage cuts.

Hope admin cut all the thread with the McCulloch and co love in's over him offering to play for free.

These people have taken £m's out of Rangers and would not take a cut for 10 games until the end of the season.

Shamefull.

Possibly the biggest load of shite I've ever read

I am sorry why should a player play for nothing...they need to live and I happen to think the wage deferral was a positive gesture. As for the OP saying they took millions out of the club,, fuck me have they not brought success to the club that brought the fans into the stadium in the numbers.

For the very very last time the owner of this season has to be blamed but let's not forget the man who for many years hoodwinked everyone and as for those who sat on the board with all their business skills ,excluding that baldy bain bastard as quite frankly we should all have realised by now the cunt was nothing more than a fuckin yes man, this is a bastard who has taken millions out of the club for doing fuck all and our previous owner has amassed a fortune as doors being opened for him as owner of our club.

Hope these bastards have a long yet painful life in front of them.

Guys lay of the players , they did not bring this about. Only thing they are responsible for is results on the park along with the manger.

Some players might still be playing for free though, the team as a whole rejected refferals but some individuals may be playing for nothing.

What's that got to do with it? They signed contracts and would expect them to be honoured.

Would you accept such a drastic pay cut? You probably earn more than a tramp, so you'd work for free?

No didn't think so.

These guys are professionals. They play for who pays them. Most won't support the club, so loyalty won't come into it.

Don't compare their pay of mere mortals, compare them to the other teams we're competing with. Why can Celtic afford these wages and we can't. That's what the players will be thinking, and why shouldn't they.

fwiw some of the lower earners might not have nest eggs put away, that along with having mortgages and bills pay might mean that they CANT actually afford to take a pay cut.

Not every player at Rangers makes 20k per week, some of these young guys are gonna be on maybe 1-2k pew week.

Thats right, the youth teamsers and the ones on the fringes, probably like Wylde to be fair, will be on a much lower wage. But was it 75% across the board or was it not a smaller reduction for the lower earners? At 25% off say £1000 a week still leaves £750 which I daresay most people on here don't earn.

At the end of the day though, if players dont want to take a pay cut to help the club, then thats up to them, there wont be any hard feelings from me about those that choose to go.

But I bet he doesnt make £12-£25k a week, so therein lies the difference. Even if they are on say £12,000 a week, taking a 75% wage cut is still £3000 a week which is about a quarter of the minimum wage for the YEAR in this country. Besides, once we came out of admin surely the new owners would be able to re-negotiate contracts and right now can these players actually sign for anyone else? So surely it would be better to have £3000 a week coming in rather than nothing and some players are bound to be on more than that, if some are on less.

You can't really compare playing for a top level football club to doing an ordinary job of work, and whilst it is hard for the fans to see players leave like this, if their heart isn't in it, then I have to say it's probably best they aren't here at a time when the club needs fighters the most. I can't have a lot of sympathy for people earning what the top earners do and if their leaving means people who are being paid in terms of a year what these players get a week get to stay on in their jobs, then its all for the best really. The people I feel sorry for the most in all of this are the employees at Ibrox on a relative pittance who might still end up out of a job because footballers will walk into other clubs, Joe Bloggs might not find it so easy to find reemployment.

It's totally comparable. The excuse that "They're earning more money, so they can afford to lose some of it" just doesn't wash. They agreed a contract and now they're being asked to settle for 1/4 of what they currently earn. Most of these players have no reason to accept that.

They aren't fans of the club, they have no emotional ties to the club and they're only here to earn the most amount of money they can in their short careers.

If they aren't getting a reasonable amount of money playing for Rangers, they'll go elsewhere and get a similar or better wage.

A bit of empathy wouldn't go amiss.

The players made good offers of referrals of up to 75% ffs

They also made clear that they would not take a wage cut if ONE player was made redundant.

If you ask me the players have acted more than admirably, as has Ally, and as has Gordon Smith

The players live to their wage, like most people do. If ANYONE has 75% of that wage taken away you will struggle. Unfortunately you don't know what circumstances this wage cut was offered at, was it until the end of the season? Was it until a new buyer was found? And if it was the later would they have to re negotiate a new contract? For anyone I slate these players is beyond me, I feel for everyone in the club top to bottom.

The players will still live in accordance to their wages though.

Expensive cars, mortgages, interests outside fotball, kids, partners etc.

Very unfair to expect them all to be rich with cash in the bank.

Dont reply mate if you cant be a adult and name call.

Yes Murray and Whyte are to blame but the players who have all been getting far too much money could help the club alot of them claim to support, but all they care about is money.

Then dont start threads slating players for the contracts they were given. It aint their fault this has happened to the club, so get off their back.

These players need our support at the minute, and with people like you slagging them for pathetic reasons that you can not prove, who needs enemies.

The players will be getting pay cuts for sure, or there will be a lot more redundancies yet to come.

The players obviously have to agree on a collective agreement, this will have a massive impact on some players who may not have massive amounts of cash. Especially the likes of Aluko, McCabe and other young players.

What a shock from you, it's the only comeback you have ever had.

Truth is far to much for some to take. The players could have helped but have decided money was more important.

Tell that to them greedy young players that probably have mortgages and cars to pay for. You really need to look at the whole picture.

Not every player is earning a fortune.

The players will still live in accordance to their wages though.

Expensive cars, mortgages, interests outside fotball, kids, partners etc.

Very unfair to expect them all to be rich with cash in the bank.

And yet a footballers career is not the length of an ordinary persons career so in fact any of them with a semblance of intelligence will have something stached away 'for the future'. Obviously as a club we dont know what the future hold, and like I said somewhere else, I wouldnt hold it against any player who felt they couldnt accept a pay cut, but I cant honestly say I feel overly sorry for them, they'll get other clubs if they are good enough and as they are - well in some cases were - Rangers players, then they must be good enough to play elsewhere.

Today is the day some if not most of the Rangers team should hang there head in shame.

All this talk of players will play for free pish, all they wanted was wage deffrals not to play for free of wage cuts.

Hope admin cut all the thread with the McCulloch and co love in's over him offering to play for free.

These people have taken £m's out of Rangers and would not take a cut for 10 games until the end of the season.

Shamefull.

Dear god. doh

Thats right, the youth teamsers and the ones on the fringes, probably like Wylde to be fair, will be on a much lower wage. But was it 75% across the board or was it not a smaller reduction for the lower earners? At 25% off say £1000 a week still leaves £750 which I daresay most people on here don't earn.

At the end of the day though, if players dont want to take a pay cut to help the club, then thats up to them, there wont be any hard feelings from me about those that choose to go.

break tha 750 a week down mate

1st, the mortgage on thier plush pad is sure to be 3 or 4 times higher than your average mortgage. car finance for the brand new beamer, WAG that is used to being spoiled, and generally living the lifestyles these guys do.

its all relative mate, i can almost gaurentee you there are players at Rangers who hardly have any cash in the bank and sky high bills to pay, you live according to your means. and asking someone to take a small paycut is one thing, asking someone to possibly leave themselves skint every week is totally different.

What's that got to do with it? They signed contracts and would expect them to be honoured.

Would you accept such a drastic pay cut? You probably earn more than a tramp, so you'd work for free?

No didn't think so.

These guys are professionals. They play for who pays them. Most won't support the club, so loyalty won't come into it.

Don't compare their pay of mere mortals, compare them to the other teams we're competing with. Why can Celtic afford these wages and we can't. That's what the players will be thinking, and why shouldn't they.

Who gives a fuck what Celtic do,pay or say??

My point was the OP can't slate players when doesn't know what is going on behind the scenes.

A percentage of players are Rangers men and would play for nothing, i'm not saying they should, but if they decide to then fair play to them.

And on your other point, I have worked before for nothing to try and get a job.Different circumstances but yes i have done it.

break tha 750 a week down mate

1st, the mortgage on thier plush pad is sure to be 3 or 4 times higher than your average mortgage. car finance for the brand new beamer, WAG that is used to being spoiled, and generally living the lifestyles these guys do.

its all relative mate, i can almost gaurentee you there are players at Rangers who hardly have any cash in the bank and sky high bills to pay, you live according to your means. and asking someone to take a small paycut is one thing, asking someone to possibly leave themselves skint every week is totally different.

Oh yeah I accept all that, but at the end of the day, the club is the most important thing. Its kind of sad to see two younger players who are probably in reality the ones getting paid less, having to leave when we all know if we're being honest that we have some deadwood we wouldn't miss who are almost certainly on a lot more and yet we'll probably end up keeping the broadfeet and so on.

On the other hand, I would applaud any player who is willing to stay at the club and take a cut in wages, that shows commitment and unlike the OP here, I certainly cant agree the players have anything to be ashamed about, that just ridiculous.

Oh yeah I accept all that, but at the end of the day, the club is the most important thing. Its kind of sad to see two younger players who are probably in reality the ones getting paid less, having to leave when we all know if we're being honest that we have some deadwood we wouldn't miss who are almost certainly on a lot more and yet we'll probably end up keeping the broadfeet and so on.

On the other hand, I would applaud any player who is willing to stay at the club and take a cut in wages, that shows commitment and unlike the OP here, I certainly cant agree the players have anything to be ashamed about, that just ridiculous.

the most important thing to us mate, some of these players owe Rangers nothing.

the most important thing to us mate, some of these players owe Rangers nothing.

Sure they are after all, only doing their job. But then it works both ways. The players will find new clubs and we'll find, in the end when we come through all this shite, new players and heros.