Video from the 70's

Phil

Found this video on YouTube with clips from the 70's and thought I'd share. Cheered me up, watching it after the last few weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4k0c7NhrLs

Mr Waddell's words at the start are something to listen to if you make them out, about how much more than a club we are (tu):praise:

I have complete faith well come throughout these hard times and be as strong as we were before :D

What a club :21: what a support :uk:

Looks amazing :D I'm one of the young blood so wasnt around back then so never got to experience the terracing, would love for it to come back one day in the form of safe standing or whatever :) not a problem (tu) I'm just glad the embedding thing fuckin worked, didn't have a clue what I was doing trying to put a video into the post :lol:

How good does the fans look at the 1973 cup final fuckin amazing those were the days , better than the govan rear these days . Great post matey cheered me up so it did

Anyone who was at that game, and who stood amongst what was supposed to be about 120,000 of a crowd, must wonder how they ever got 148,000 into Hampden.

You couldn't fucking move in the ground that day. Not one inch...it was scary.

Anyone who was at that game, and who stood amongst what was supposed to be about 120,000 of a crowd, must wonder how they ever got 148,000 into Hampden.

My dad always tells me of the terracing and how he just remembers being a wee boy and how whenever the crowd surged forward, he would be that tight in between the people on either side he'd get lifted up, clean off the floor, and carried about 20 yards :lol:

Great vid, the clip v hibs wisney the 74 league cup final tho, was us winning the league at easter road for the first time in 11 years n stopping them doing 10 iar, never forget that day was my first rangers game, what a day :uk::clap::clap:

I was there and it was sensational. I will never forget big Tam Forsyth's blockbusting shot from all of 3 inches! Quality :happy:

Some dodgy fashions and haircuts there, especially for the league decider in 75 at Easter Road :D

Great memories though. I was at school in the 70s so that's when I really got into the Gers. My first game was in 1969.

I'm watching this at work on a computer with no sound, but who needs sound? The pictures say it all. Great find.

Thought the music spoiled it a bit...nothing like hearing the Rangers crowd roaring after we scored!

Was at a lot of these games..but let me tell you...absolutely nothing was better than when we were in full song at Hampden.

The 73 Cup Final was just awesome!!!

Thought the music spoiled it a bit...nothing like hearing the Rangers crowd roaring after we scored!

Was at a lot of these games..but let me tell you...absolutely nothing was better than when we were in full song at Hampden.

The 73 Cup Final was just awesome!!!

The last cup final crowd over 100,000?

I had mixed emotions watching that brilliant clip, it brought back some great memories as thats when I started going to the games, standing in the Rangers end the atmosphere was beyond belief, I was at the majority of the games shown. Wee Bud at the start my hero, the clips of Coop, Parlane, DJ, wee Doddie, big Jock. I'm HEART BROKEN whats happening to the greatest club in the world, who I've followed since I was a wee boy through the good times and the bad. I've STILL got faith we can get through this, we have to.

Brilliant wakening up to that.

3 of best days I've ever had. Big DJs winner when he was only 16. '73 Cup Final & Colin Steins easter rd championship clincher in '75 (greatest day in my life as Gers fan) AWESOME.

Old enough to remember all of the goals,Never tire of seeing Cutty Youngs goal in our first ever Premier League game.But our victory againgst PSV will go down as one of our best ever European results.

Bobby Russells goal :praise:

Wow memories flooding back there.

DJ goal in the League cup final was right behind the goal , what a view as the ball left his head and bang the noise. Met him the next day as he satyed the night at my pa form schools house across in Hinshelwood Dr across from the ground.

Bayern game what a night got in for free , pal from schools dad was the ground keeper and again the noise and the build up.

Royal Cup Final another one that will live long, still sy Greig headed that ball off the line.

Easter what a day had been a party the night before(some bird got off with me in the Howff) on Alexander Parade just at the Cumbernauld Rd junction. had to phone the Trade Winds Hotel to get the Thornliebank True Blues bus to pick me up on the parade. They did but the bastards made me run then started the bus as i got to it. Did they along the parade. Cheers Gerry Maclean00000042.gif And after the game stopping off in Edinburgh and getting a cargo on the bus and driving round Edinburgh .

Had arranged to meet the woman that was to become my ex outside the Odeon on Renfield street so the bus went through the town , good few of my mates got off and headed to the Howff. The look on her face when i came of the bus and every fucker was singing he was at a party last night. Thing is I was wearing a white dbl breasted suit jacket(made to measure in Hector powe , class) and had been in that since 7 pm the night before , jeans on right enough.

Hearts Cup Final, left it late and had to climb in at the Hearts end and when walking by the old North Stand heard this guy shouting on me, turned out was a guy i was mates with when I stayed in Birmingham for a while and he had decided to come up and see if he could see me at the game. And as i was climbing over caught my denims on the barbered wire and as i jump ripped the fuckers right up to the knee. Flairs ya bass uk.gif

Could go on and on my trip to the PSV game wow but save the rest for another time.

Greta vid OP cheers00000042.gif

Wow memories flooding back there.

DJ goal in the League cup final was right behind the goal , what a view as the ball left his head and bang the noise. Met him the next day as he satyed the night at my pa form schools house across in Hinshelwood Dr across from the ground.

Bayern game what a night got in for free , pal from schools dad was the ground keeper and again the noise and the build up.

Royal Cup Final another one that will live long, still sy Greig headed that ball off the line.

Easter what a day had been a party the night before(some bird got off with me in the Howff) on Alexander Parade just at the Cumbernauld Rd junction. had to phone the Trade Winds Hotel to get the Thornliebank True Blues bus to pick me up on the parade. They did but the bastards made me run then started the bus as i got to it. Did they along the parade. Cheers Gerry Maclean00000042.gif And after the game stopping off in Edinburgh and getting a cargo on the bus and driving round Edinburgh .

Had arranged to meet the woman that was to become my ex outside the Odeon on Renfield street so the bus went through the town , good few of my mates got off and headed to the Howff. The look on her face when i came of the bus and every fucker was singing he was at a party last night. Thing is I was wearing a white dbl breasted suit jacket(made to measure in Hector powe , class) and had been in that since 7 pm the night before , jeans on right enough.

Hearts Cup Final, left it late and had to climb in at the Hearts end and when walking by the old North Stand heard this guy shouting on me, turned out was a guy i was mates with when I stayed in Birmingham for a while and he had decided to come up and see if he could see me at the game. And as i was climbing over caught my denims on the barbered wire and as i jump ripped the fuckers right up to the knee. Flairs ya bass uk.gif

Could go on and on my trip to the PSV game wow but save the rest for another time.

Greta vid OP cheers00000042.gif

Very welcome (tu) this is exactly what I was hoping for, stories about the games and experiences back then from older bears :praise: I can vaguely remember going to games during 9 in a row, when we played some of our best football since the days in the video :) would have loved to be part of the support back then :D

Very welcome (tu) this is exactly what I was hoping for, stories about the games and experiences back then from older bears :praise: I can vaguely remember going to games during 9 in a row, when we played some of our best football since the days in the video :) would have loved to be part of the support back then :D

It was brilliant and the trips to Aberdeen shit hot. Buses stayed to midnight on the Saturday. Remember one night we were in this pub on Union St the place was buzzing and full of woman. Drink was flowing , songs belted out and there was one of my mates on the table doing a striptease and stukkie on his legs got down the Y fronts when the manager called a halt to him.

Couple of us feeding the jukebox when I slipped in the Gerry and the Pacemakers song.yeah that one........ place went deadly silent and must have been like 50 plus pint glasses hurtling towards the jukebox.