Next season

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ally is not a good manager , yes he has been loyal to us through this and that is fantastic

but going on that basis then mcculloch should start every game at centre midfield

loyalty doesnt beat ability

You are on the wrong forum for those kind of home truths. There will be none of that talk on here.

On Lee, he should start every game but not in midfield.

i would like Ally to be here for a few years more, but one thing i hope i dont see next season is players playing out of position again. start using the squad we have - if a 1st team player is injured, go through our squad (including the youth squad) to find a replacement who plays in the same position. hopefully we make a solid effort to bring through the youth players now, as this is our best option going forward to stay within our budget.

I was going through the possible team for next season should all earners over say £10,000 have to be made redundant because of no agreement the other day and this was the team:

Alexander

Cole

Perry

Hutton/McCabe

Ness

Fleck

Hemmings

Naismith? (kal)

For me, the midfield in particular has excellent potential and these are the players that SHOULD be playing when someone gets injured in these positions.. not a striker playing left mid or a right back playing left back with a centre back playing right back to cover him whilst a perfectly capable left back plays centre back.

This is the time for us to really sort out this mess!

I don't believe now, if word is true that all cuts have been agreed, this will be the team next year and that McGregor, Davis, Naismith and Kerkar will still be here.

Ally has had a tough time of it. I'd happily give him 2-3 years to earn his spurs, and help stabilise the club.

I have no doubt, whatsoever, that Ally is an winner to his core, and could go on to great things with club. Remember the 2nd half against Septic at Ibrox. We smashed them.

Ally also has signicant TV experience. If after several years it ain't working, I'd be minded to make changes to backroom staff first.

If Ally himself is exhausted after the stress of this ot future seasons, I'd understand him wanting to move upstairs, into Director roll.

Stuart McCall has been impressive though. Could a McCoist / McCall be a dream team of the future? Perhaps. In any event I'd like to see some if the legends become more publically involved, including the likes if Graeme Souness and Richard Gough.

Together we are stronger.

Can't believe some people are actually entertaining the idea of replacing Ally. During all of this the man has shown a level of loyalty and commitment that should be praised, many would of left with the events of this season. With no funds for bringing in players and a very limited wage budget I think he has done a pretty good job, granted some have not worked out but no manager can make a perfect signing every time. He deserves another season (tu)

You are on the wrong forum for those kind of home truths. There will be none of that talk on here.

On Lee, he should start every game but not in midfield.

Strange, that is how SWSL would have expressed it.

If Ally is to be judged now, then on that basis Sir Alex Sourface would have been sacked by manyoo approximately 24 years ago.

You cannot judge someone in such a short space of time.

Rangers made one mistake letting this guy go before. He is what my dad called "one of the best young players to play for rangers". Hes the only guy to bring glory back to our club. Billy Davies.

Allys an amazing assistant, but lacking in presence and tactical awareness.

Why's someone wanting someone to replace Super already?

Give the guy a fucking chance (tu)

well Ally's had a season in charge

Certainly Alex ferguson says managers need time

and Manchester persevered with him and he's paid that back

but he'd showed he could do it with St Mirren and Aberdeen before

Why's someone wanting someone to replace Super already?

Give the guy a fucking chance (tu)

For me allys coat was on a shaky peg before we went into admin. Administration has masked allys inability to manage a team full time.

Strange, that is how SWSL would have expressed it.

If Ally is to be judged now, then on that basis Sir Alex Sourface would have been sacked by manyoo approximately 24 years ago.

You cannot judge someone in such a short space of time.

What an idiotic comparison to make.

I love super as much as the next bluenose but its blatent he hasnt got it as a manager.

Tactics baffling

Subs baffling

Team selection baffling

People say where would Man U be if they sacked Sir Alex but he had won a number of leagues, cups and success in europe.

Nor did he have the expectation of being the number 1 team in the country.

we got gubbed in Europe by Malmo and Maribor

teams costing a fraction of transfer fees and wages

we need to seriously rethink what we're about

maybe this is not the time right enough

sadly, this is the perfect time to bring this up. when things are really going tough, that is when you see what people are made of. no point waiting until its sunshine and lollipops.

it would be folly to ignore what we have seen this season in terms of displays and tactics. i dont want to blindly follow Super just because of who he is. but i also dont want to just give up on the guy, because he in fairness, he is a young manager - i'm hoping he starts to learn from his mistakes.

we as a support and a team have to stop thinking one season ahead - get a long term strategy in place, and ensure that any manager coming in falls in step with it. basically get a world-class development team, and make sure there are players coming through each year. we need to see great (and good) players given their chance. stop signing mediocre players (who are simply signed to give us fans something to feel happy about). if ever there was a time that we should do this, it is now. this is the perfect time - we are currently focusing on the club health, instead of worrying about the title chase. Ally has a bit of respite from the usual title pressures. lets try a longer term strategy, and see where we are in 5-7 years.