New Owner- Dont spend too much!

JamieG54

Those who want a rich sugardaddy should take note the fans always pay. Chelsea owe abramovich £720M+ for example

If we are going to spend I would prefer finding which is most successful academy in england and hijack who runs it and key staff he requires.

Hopefully Ally has learned that the players rangers can afford are generally no better than the likes of perry, McCabe, Ness, Kerkar and unfortunately Mcmillan. Fleck too if played as attacking midfielder etc. Lets start building a team around these lads. If we got shot of certain players not up to job and replace them with decent player as and when availability, budget etc. allows we should have no problem getting our championship back.

Sadly we must accept we can't afford huge transfers and 40k a week salaries. We don't need a squad of more than 25 premiership clubs manage so should we with our U19s.

Why couldn't we affoard to pay £40k a week wages?

Quick reasoning: Jelavic we paid £4m on a 4 1/2 year contract @ say £15k a week (for arguments sake) the total (less bonuses) we would have paid for his services over those 4 years would have been roughly £3.35 million in wages and the £4m purchase price = £7.335m (then add goal bonuses, apperance fees etc)

in reality he stayed for about 1 year 5 months therefore we spent just over £1m in wages and the £4m = 5m. Which we then made a small profit on by selling to a team in England.

Now the last time i posted something similar was with regards to Joey Barton, i would have loved it if he came up here for a year and 5 months (just to keep contract lengths the same for argument sake)on a £40k a week contract.

IF we got him, it would have been on a free and @ £40k a week = £160k a month therefore over a year and 5 months we would have paid out £2.72m in wages. Then there would be the money made from selling, granted if both players went for free then yes it would be worse with Barton.

SO why couldn't we afford a player on £40k a week, yes it would encourage other players to ask for more come contract renewal but if we implemented a pay tiering system 1 Top earner (not necessarily @ £40k), 2/3 very good players, then squad players.

The thing is next season the UEFA financial fair play rule starts. Does anyone know how it works and what it means.

Can we afford players on £40k a week even if we wanted to?

I'm sure this rule means clubs have to live within their means.

I would like us to grow our own players but also not to be scared of buying prospects for a few million if we feel there is good chance for development and resale.Some prospects may cost a bit of money and some may not perform as they should but if we are smart we can get good mileage out of the players selling when their are near their level.

The future model needs to be sustainable, if that is that we have to operate based on what we can afford from season tickets, sponsorship and money coming in from player sales, then that is reasonable, if we have an owner/group who has/have a method of investing top-up sums as and when it seems to be required, then that would be equally viable. I love to think we could have players like Laudrup and Numan again.

Fuxk that, I want to win the champions league next season.

'Rangers Dubai owner seals takeover' 'rangers last gasp accounts audit' 'HMRC confirm Celtic tax investigation' 'Rangers seal dramatic old firm derby'

Imagine seeing them headlines outside your local paper shop the Monday after the old form :pipe:

Carlsberg don't do headlines..........

Linking my comments to the takeover thread in the telegraph...

Seriously i would be happy with a steady owner. We dont want to be buying big players on 40k a week plus. Happy with a few special players and a mixture of hard working/Skillful Rangers men in our team. Need Scots in our team who know what we are all about.

We will always need someone who knows what it takes to win at our club e.g Weir Ferguson Durrant Ally. Alot of foreigners do not understand the pressure or expectations of Glasgow Rangers. That goes with Manager aswell. Big Struth Souness Eck Walter Ally know what it means. No foreign coach please.- No loyalty.

There is some wisdom in avoiding any ostentatious overspending overseas buyer.

I agree however the new owner must put. Down a marker, if that means 7,8,9,10 million gets spent in the one window that's fine Aslong as the player is of a good age(23,24)and can be moved on for profit,he also must bring something to our team.

(tu)

Invest in coaches

Invest in Scouts

Stop buying players from England on big fees/wages

I would also try and send as many of our younger players out on loan as possible if they are not getting a game, first team experience is absolutely key in their development.

We will need to spend upwards of £20m to rebuild that team.

Many on here have said how the previous £20m debt was manageable at £1m a year. I wouldn't be averse to going there again.

If the new owners are still buying sub £1m players we'll be in the mire for years. :anguish:

Oh, and no more embarassing trying to kid us on that we are bidding for players, or bidding 200 grand for a £3m player. The resulting headlines about derisory offers are deeply humiliating and foooling nobody.

I would follow the Ajax youth system and concentrate on youth players.

We should scout countries that don't need work permits etc to come here.

And even have relationships with foreign teams etc.

Murray Park with the right kind of coaches from Under 12s to the first team should be popping out with stars.

Even get their parents onside

Parents “We see the parents as partners, not as opponents. It’s important that the parents get the club culture. We make the parents accomplices in our endeavors. In the past, parents were always kept outside, but I think it’s key to create unity for the players. We have information nights, we tour the stadium with them, we tell them about our philosophy. We take this pretty seriously, because we focus on nutrition, personal development plans and such and use the internet to feed the information back to the parents and the players… We need the parents’ support in all this.”

From an Ajax Youth Article.