Everton and Villa battling over Wylde,

pcbear

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but if you need a coach to teach you how to cross a fucking ball, then you shouldn't be in the fucking game in the first place.

it wasnt so long ago people, including one of our players at the time, were saying that there is no skills coaching happening at the club - simply practice games.

im not disagreeing with you, just explaining the reality of it.

Wherever the lad ends up I wish him all the best in whatever the future holds for him, he's only a boy at the end of they day and can't have been helped by all the furore at Ibrox, and the pressure to win every game, think he may prove himself in the championship some day maybe higher if he can learn how to cross who knows.

He is a james milner type,probably with some coaching will be good for a lower level epl team

<cr>

They're totally different types of players.

I think people forget he's only 20. Still cant' see him making it unless he properly works on his dribbling and his passing. Especially dribbling.

His pace is frightening but his use of the ball is poor but that's to be expected of wingers at 20. By fuck I'm 26 and still can't cross a ball.

I really think we played him wrongly. He took the ball on the half-way line, and then runs with the ball, where he was compelled to take on three players. If he played abroad he would be using his pace to get the ball and then do something with: he would be used to break a defence.

Strangely enough though, in one of his last matches at Ibrox Stevie seemed to be playing him quite well by laying the ball on for him to run into.

I think he has the talent to be a very good player.

His best 2 games came against the tims and PSV, 2 games where the opposition don't sit back with everyone behind the ball, with a bit of coaching he could probably have a decent career with a lower EPL club.

His crossing wasn't great but nor was it as bad as people make out, he was inconsistent along with 99% of other wingers in football. I've not seen any threads or many posts about Aluko being inconsistent despite him being poor more often than not the last month or so.

His best 2 games came against the tims and PSV, 2 games where the opposition don't sit back with everyone behind the ball, with a bit of coaching he could probably have a decent career with a lower EPL club.

Very true this.

He isn't your typical winger, though. With space in behind and using his pace, then he was so effective in those games mentioned and some others. If we are talking in terms of tricks / footballing skill or technique, though, he is essentially a left back with pace. No surprise he grew up playing this position.

If he can add even one or two tricks, he'll immediately be a much, much better player.

I wish him well.