Campaign to have WW2 titles recognised.

a dont know much about ww2 titles... but if teams wer relagated and promoted then they should count if not then they shoudnt... thats my take on it anyway. a may very well check that out tomorow.lol

So what should we do with the title we won by a single goal (one of the best titles wins ever imo) in the 02/03 season when there was no relegation from or promotion to the spl?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because those clubs lack our dignity does not mean we should drop to their level.

Those who worked at home during WWII made a vital contribution to the effort - there is no lack of dignity in recognising their contribution.

On the contrary - they deserve respect.

So what should we do with the title we won by a single goal (one of the best titles wins ever imo) in the 02/03 season when there was no relegation from or promotion to the spl?

fukin hell prince.lol that was down to a ground share isue otherwise there would have been promotion and relegation. a do get you point though. competition is competiton and should be recognised whatever the circumstances. and when i think of it a bit deeper healthy competiton during time of war should be good for morale and its actually a shame not to recognise it.

any campaign should be directed at other clubs dubious history, not ours, we have shown through this stage in our history that sporting integrity does win, otherwise why are we plying our trade in the lowest league possible? sporting integrity is the reason we dont count the titles, even selik players faught in the wars, who'd of thunk? :uk: Rangers ARE Scottish football, simples. We have shown the way since 1872, and we will show how to take our club from div 3 to Scottish Champions. This is what we do, we are Rangers. I would be slightly miffed if the worst came to the worst and we were stripped of any trophies (can't see it imo), but tbh who cares that much? we will do what we have always done, win more. past glories are what rival fans talk about. roll on 55.

to all the young wipper snapper bears, I would advise you look up the word 'conscript'.

for the record, one of my favourite chants is 10 german bombers in the air, AND THE R.A......... get masel going there! :21: theres a good reason we sing that. lest not forget.

I didnt know ww1 titles were regional aswell, my mistake.

... and how often have the champions been from outside Glasgow? :rolleyes:

Us and them have won 97 league titles between us with 1 each for Killie and Motherwell ... there are only 14 from elsewhere ...

Hearts 4

Hibs 4

Dundee 1

Dundee Utd 1

Aberdeen 4

Having looked further into this, the Scottish League as we know it, never returned until 46-47! However the 45-46 season was not the usual Southern League, which was prominent during the war, as it included teams from the north aswell!

So as such, it wasn't the Scottish League that we won that year however it's rather strange that the SFL include it as a title yet Rangers don't!

Ok, so its official in the Scottish league history AS IT Stands that we have won 55 titles thus far, and thats without us starting any campaign. PS I am personally incensed to discover that celtic count their WWI titles, never knew that, get them stripped. I Dont think I'm in favour really of claiming WW2 titles we may have won, just not the Rangers way is it ?

This thread should have been locked months ago.

Celtic count their titles during the war because there was still an official league at the time, there wasn't when we won it. So stop being disrespectful and get this thread tae fuck.

This thread should have been locked months ago.

Celtic count their titles during the war because there was still an official league at the time, there wasn't when we won it. So stop being disrespectful and get this thread tae fuck.

I disagree that this thread is disrespectful...those who supported and played for the Gers in the war and fell fighting for their country would have wanted it,at least that's what my father told me my Grandfather would have wanted!

I disagree that this thread is disrespectful...those who supported and played for the Gers in the war and fell fighting for their country would have wanted it,at least that's what my father told me my Grandfather would have wanted!

Don't think too much disrespect has been shown but it is a sensitive issue so it should be agreed to disagree.

The only thing my granddad wanted was to make it home alive to his remaining family whenever he left port, he couldn't have cared much less for anything else going on at the time.

Don't think too much disrespect has been shown but it is a sensitive issue so it should be agreed to disagree.

The only thing my granddad wanted was to make it home alive to his remaining family whenever he left port, he couldn't have cared much less for anything else going on at the time.

Unfortunately mine never made it, but my father assures me he would want us to fight for it.

As I never met my Grandad I have to take my Fathers word for it!

I understand why some 'feel' it's disrespectful but I can assure you my intentions are not!

Members of the Services have my greatest admiration,but where is the line drawn?

Soldiers died in Ulster,in Iraq,Afghanistan etc when The Rangers were winning titles, does that mean they 'don't count' as well?

61 titles and counting keep reminding the world...lest they forget!

• 4 years later...
10 minutes ago, thebooler said:

No club should be claiming titles won during the war years.

The fight should be to have these titles removed from the clubs who claim them - not to fight to have them recognised for the clubs who don't. 

The day we stoop as low as these cunts is the day I give up.

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Another 5 year old thread getting bumped ?????

I just realised it wasn't a new thread... :raging: :facepalm:

This thread is bringing all the taigs out of the woodwork, the majority of the opposing posters aren't old enough to remember the Iraq war never mind quote on wars 70 odd years ago. 

Fuck the scum, let's attack them on all fronts, make a fucking nuisance of ourselves, a bit of reverse psychology, a bit of cold steel right up them, let see how they like it.

Things like that is what separates us from the rest 

we respect our armed forces and under no circumstances should we recognise anything during the wars other than the sacrifice made by our forces to defend our country

the reason they claim them is because we will always cast a major shadow over them and they will stoop to any level to try and convince themselves that the are at the very least equal to us but as any good prod knows they are just scum