Campaign to have WW2 titles recognised.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Alan on this one.

Which is not to say I disregard the war titles, I just consider them to be, well, unofficial war titles.

Well, we officially stuffed the scum 8-1. Their goal is recorded in their history (although the score might be overlooked).

I think the difference is that the old First Division was not shut down during WWI but it was during WWII. We also include our 1917-18 title win in our 54 titles.

However, the dominance of the WWII years should not be forgotten, at the end of the day Ceptic FC played in all our leagues and cups and we did win the first '9 in a row' and we also beat them 8-1.

Well fuck know what euphemism is :lol:

Spat out with laughter (tu)

euphemism [ˈjuːfɪˌmɪzəm]

n

1. (Linguistics) an inoffensive word or phrase substituted for one considered offensive or hurtful, esp one concerned with religion, sex, death, or excreta. Examples of euphemisms are sleep with for have sexual intercourse with; departed for dead; relieve oneself for urinate

2. (Linguistics) the use of such inoffensive words or phrases

(tu)

Our championships are tainted

It's good that you recognise that its not often you see a Tim tell the truth, keep it up and come back if you want as long as you continue to tell the truth that all bears already know!

What you going to announce next I wonder.....

Well, we officially stuffed the scum 8-1. Their goal is recorded in their history (although the score might be overlooked).

Well they would have no argument if this is the case. If they include anything in their stats from the period then in accordance with established or accepted patterns and standards we should have the entire period included in our own stats, should we wish to do so.

Well yeah, the fixture is valid and should be recognised. I didn't even mean to say I consider the war-time titles "unofficial", just that they are a separate competition. We should count them among our honours but not as ordinary league titles.

They are in our history and are what they are. If they had always been considered official then great but I'm not in favour of taking steps to redefine these kind of things just to bump up our stats. We don't need to. 54 league titles without even counting war-time titles sounds pretty fucking good to me.

Well yeah, the fixture is valid and should be recognised. I didn't even mean to say I consider the war-time titles "unofficial", just that they are a separate competition. We should count them among our honours but not as ordinary league titles.

They are in our history and are what they are. If they had always been considered official then great but I'm not in favour of taking steps to redefine these kind of things just to bump up our stats. We don't need to. 54 league titles without even counting war-time titles sounds pretty fucking good to me.

Well said.

This growing obsession with the tarriers is pathetic.

Get them counted. !!

The taigs started this with their campaigns trying to get some of our titles taken away.

It would serve the sum right if it provoked a campaign resulting in the number of titles being boosted :lol:

Fuck them !!

Underhand tim plan backfires resulting in Timplosion. They will never learn.

I blame the schools :sherlock:

Well said.

This growing obsession with the tarriers is pathetic.

It’s hardly an obsession, if some clubs can count these league wins as being official from this period then I as a Rangers supporter would like these also to be recognized.

It’s part of our history and I would like it reflected in the number of titles we have won…we are all proud of our world record number of titles so why should we not try to push through for this?

have heard that they count the goal scored in their records but NOT the goals conceded or the scoreline....do you know if thats true and if so what total :wanker:

It’s hardly an obsession, if some clubs can count these league wins as being official from this period then I as a Rangers supporter would like these also to be recognized.

It’s part of our history and I would like it reflected in the number of titles we have won…we are all proud of our world record number of titles so why should we not try to push through for this?

They are unofficial titles due to the Scottish League being mothballed because of the war effort. The history is out there, has always been out there and won't be going away.

Taking our lead from the likes of Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs is not what The Rangers are all about, or should I say, were.