Campaign to have WW2 titles recognised.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe so many people want this.

The only campaign should be to have other clubs not count their trophies won during wartime.

Agreed mate, im proud of how we conduct ourselves in regards to trophies won during wartime periods and im not in favor of changing that.

Totally behind this.

When we are steady again , Rangers should simply indicate through a press release that the Club intend to recognise all Wartime honours gained in our official records as being equivalent to all other trophies won during our history.

No questions asked , no permission sought. What the fuck is anybody going to do about it? Say that they "don't count"?

The bheasts claim that our wartime titles are not valid, yet they include all goals scored during that time in their own offficial statistics.

This has to be done. It's just the right thing.

Does anyone know why the SFL count us as champions in 46 however it's not in our records?

Thats an interesting point. The 1945-46 league season was, as far as I know, the first official league season after the war but for some reason is not counted amongst the clubs honours.- Yet it is on the official SFL site. Although perhaps its also interesting to note there was no relegation/promotion that season. Perhaps someone who was alive at the time might be able to enlighten us more.

Thats an interesting point. The 1945-46 league season was, as far as I know, the first official league season after the war but for some reason is not counted amongst the clubs honours.- Yet it is on the official SFL site. Although perhaps its also interesting to note there was no relegation/promotion that season. Perhaps someone who was alive at the time might be able to enlighten us more.

Having looked further into this, the Scottish League as we know it, never returned until 46-47! However the 45-46 season was not the usual Southern League, which was prominent during the war, as it included teams from the north aswell!

So as such, it wasn't the Scottish League that we won that year however it's rather strange that the SFL include it as a title yet Rangers don't!

The reasons they are or are not included aside, I think we'll all agree that this has now become a tit for tat thing with the beggars. They started it with their stripping of the titles thing.

Now some may think that we are "losing our dignity" or that it's not morally correct to include titles won during the war ............. so would I personally back this campaign if it got off the ground?

Too fucking right I will, they cunts started it and if it comes back to royally bite them on the arse then I'm in (tu)

Well he was after all a roman affleck.

I RESENT THAT SIR, Affleck is the old name for Auchinleck [my home town] please in future don't use it when discribing those mhanky feckers, or the consequences will by dire. Cheers. :D

Having looked further into this, the Scottish League as we know it, never returned until 46-47! However the 45-46 season was not the usual Southern League, which was prominent during the war, as it included teams from the north aswell!

So as such, it wasn't the Scottish League that we won that year however it's rather strange that the SFL include it as a title yet Rangers don't!

It is strange that the league recognise it, but as it was a wartime title, it was no different from the previous six, certainly as far as Rangers were concerned.

It is strange that the league recognise it, but as it was a wartime title, it was no different from the previous six, certainly as far as Rangers were concerned.

Can it be included as a Wartime title? Teams had only played 2 game before the war had ended! It was also a full league as participation was from both the southern and northern teams! I dunno, but either way it's a strange one!