Papers

bilko89

ALLY McCOIST fears he could be booted OUT of Rangers by the club's new owners.

ALLY McCOIST admits Rangers FC have endured the worst month in their history

But McCoist says he will refuse to pass judgment on prospective owners if he's asked by administrators Duff and Phelps.

Three potential owners submitted bids to take over the stricken SPL champions by yesterday's 5pm deadline.

Gers boss McCoist said: "Without coming flying out of the trenches to get riddled with bullets, Rangers is still the most important thing.

"I've said that all along and I mean it. I'm damned sure that if I was spending however many millions, I'd want somebody in charge who was my own man.

"Hopefully that will be me — but I'm not daft enough to know it might not be.

"That's another hurdle, but I'm really positive about the fact whoever does come in will have Rangers' best interests at heart.

"Me not being here when Rangers moves on could happen, that's part of being in football.

"We all know the rules so there's no point me moaning about it. Football's a cruel game.

"There are a lot more important things to worry about and no matter what happens I won't be throwing the toys out the pram.

"I'll still be supporting Rangers. I can guarantee that."

Quizzed as to whether he'd give administrators Paul Clark and David Whitehouse his input as to the calibre of prospective owners, he replied: "You'd have to ask Duff and Phelps, but it's not on the agenda at the moment.

"I'm not sure I'd want to have an input to be honest.

"It would be a huge responsibility if it goes pear-shaped again.

"I'd go from being the saviour to getting the blame in about two months!

"I'm not sure I could handle that, but if I was asked to have an input I'd give an honest opinion."

McCoist has spoken to several of the interested parties and told them he'd speak to them all.

He added: "I've spoken to Paul Murray on numerous occasions. But I made it clear to everybody I've spoken to I would be speaking to the other interested parties as well."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4200738/Coisty-lifts-lid-on-his-takeover-fears.html#ixzz1pKRbr1iM

BLUE Knight Paul Murray last night urged disgraced Craig Whyte to act with some dignity by walking away from Rangers

Murray lodged his bid for the cash-strapped Ibrox club yesterday. He tabled his multi-million pound offer to administrator Duff and Phelps before the 5pm deadline.

Businessman Brian Kennedy is also in the running along with a Chicago-based consortium.

Other interested parties — including one from the Middle East — could yet show their hand.

But discredited Gers owner Whyte has so far refused to give up on his power-struggle and is insisting he's still the main creditor.

Murray hit out: "It's very hard to know where to start with Craig Whyte. What can you say?

"You'd like to think he'd look at the whole situation and have a bit of dignity and a bit of humility and actually do one last act to help the club.

"But that's for the administrator to decide. There are obviously legal matters which are not within my control.

"Could it mean there's a need to wrestle control from Craig Whyte? It might come to that. There are two things, just to be clear, which are important here.

"There is Craig Whyte — or strictly speaking there's Wavetower — and their position.

"But the administrator has publicly spoken about that before and said it's WORTHLESS. Those were his very words.

"The second thing here is wrestling the 85 per cent shareholding from Wavetower and really that's up to the administrator to deliver that. Unless he can deliver that then a CVA can't go forward.

"You'd like to think Craig Whyte would look at the situation and maybe take a decision which is in the interests of the club."

Sale Sharks owner Kennedy is thought to be the biggest threat to Murray's proposal.

But asked if there was a chance they could work together, Murray added: "It's a possibility. I've said before I'd welcome anyone. This is not my show here.

"Obviously I am fronting this consortium but it's a broad ownership offering.

"That will include the supporters as well.

"This is an enormous challenge to rebuild the club so the more people involved here the better.

"Having said that, I think Brian has said publicly he wants to work on his own and I respect that.

"He's a very successful entrepreneur and that's the way these guys tend to work.

"But if he was to call me and say he'd like to work with me then I'd be delighted. I think Brian is a serious and a well-intentioned guy. If his bid is higher then great.

"I just hope that whoever gets the club has it at heart."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4200632/Paul-plea-for-Whyte-to-go-now.html#ixzz1pKSLQXhT

Banned for supporting the RST. Free the gunslinger 1...in the name of allowing pro and anti RST posts, as advocated by RM admin like bluepeter.

Gunslinger is not banned. He's managed to get himself a 48 hour timeout, but not for supporting the RST. This has been explained to you, I'd prefer you didn't continue lying about it. Thanks :)