Andrew mitchell

andymcg1986

Not the ideal stadium or set of circumstances for a young player to make his debut but he was badly at fault for the 2nd goal and didn't have the best of games tbh.

However , the important thing is for young players to get first team experience and learn from their mistakes so hopefully his confidence hasn't taken too much of a knock after his performance today.

We need as many good young players making their mark in the first team as possible , so chin up Andy and remember to use your body to protect the ball better in future son.

Good first half i thought, everyone started off slack second half he made a bad mistake for the goal but still the players in the box should have dealt with it.

Would like to see more of him, subbing him straight away would not have helped his confidence.

i thought he made some decent intelligent runs, apart from that he wasnt much in the game except a few fouls.

looked a bit over excited, think he wanted to impress too much and it affected his decision about tackling.

on that display i couldnt say he looked half decent or he looked bad.

i dnt see how ppl can justify slaggin the boy off after 1 half of football. get a hold of yourselfs.

The best thing to come out of today was that he didn't look out his depth.

Yes there were a few dodgy tackles, but hes young, it was his debut and he wanted to prove a point. Whats wrong with that, McCulloch still makes dodgy tackles quite often and hes near the end of his career not the start.

As for Aluko, yes i'd have liked to see him start but to be honest i don't think he would have had as much enthusiasm in the latter stages if it were the same situation (2-1 down)