Who wants Ally still in charge next season?

Sheikh Salim

423 members have voted

1. 1. After all the troubles Ally and Rangers have had to endure this season, do you still want Ally to be in charge next season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted thats just an assumption by me, but my original statement was based on the McCoist case alone.

Fair enough. I find it admirable that you stick by McCoist, and I have respect for all those that do. I have just got to the end of my tether with the same dirgid (might have made that word up) tactics. If he manages to turn it round and have us playing great football next year, then i will happily eat humble pie (in the form of a Killie pie). But recent evidence is not convincing. He should really be taking these last 8 games as a chance to show what football we can play. i think we'll win at the weekend by the way.

Overall, it is a little sad that a guy that loves the club as dearly as he does, is causing such a schism in the support.

Flying?

Malmo?

Maribor?

Any Rangers manager that cannot make the Europa League as a minimum should be sacked. It's that simple. It should be a contractual minimum achievement.

what an absolute pile of shite. These were amongst his first games as a football manager FFS. And we had a team out that created a ton of chances.

If you want scapegoats for our euro debacle, look no further than the players, almost ever player to a man under achieved in those ties, im sure we had almost 18 attempts at goal in the maribor match and our strikers could not hit the back of the net, add to that whitty and boogie foolishly being sent off.

I am NOT saying Ally is perfect, far from it. But blaming him for he euro losses seems a bit unfair consideriing how many of our "3IAR squad" under performed.

What a load of pish.

Suppose the ones who voted Yes and never attend games are more important than those who are season ticket holders and voted no? :anguish:

Hate this type of comment, complete bollocks.

What about us season ticket holders who voted yes

Losing to Maribor, Malmo and Falkirk was unacceptable for me, that's why I chose 'No' in the poll. If we've to work within our means from now on in then we need a manager who can produce the best out of players and one who can work with a tight budget.

Can Coisty do the above? In my opinion, I don't think so...

Terry Butcher, Lee Clark or Billy Davies for me.

doh doh

Butcher has done fantastic in Scottish football both at Motherwell & Inverness bringing through some good players in the process too. Clark was doing fantastic at Huddersfield and had them playing some fantastic football as well as bringing through some decent players such as Pilkington for one example who's now shining at Norwich in the EPL. His sacking from Huddersfield left their fans raging as they knew he was the real deal. From years of fighting relegation he made them promotion challengers for the Championship in one season, that's impressive to me.

More impressive, for me, than anything Ally McCoist has done in his managerial career. Also our form at Ibrox in the SPL this season needs to be addressed because we've dropped much too many points at home.

what an absolute pile of shite. These were amongst his first games as a football manager FFS. And we had a team out that created a ton of chances.

If you want scapegoats for our euro debacle, look no further than the players, almost ever player to a man under achieved in those ties, im sure we had almost 18 attempts at goal in the maribor match and our strikers could not hit the back of the net, add to that whitty and boogie foolishly being sent off.

I am NOT saying Ally is perfect, far from it. But blaming him for he euro losses seems a bit unfair consideriing how many of our "3IAR squad" under performed.

Blaming him for Euro losses is "a bit unfair"?!?!?

McCoist was the manager and has responsibility for results. I'm aware nowadays people generally don't take responsibility but that's the reality.

McCoist had been working with these players for years.

McCoist had plenty of lead in time prior to these matches.

McCoist trained the team.

McCoist picked the team.

McCoist chose the tactics.

McCoist motivated the players.

McCoist instilled the discipline in the players.

McCoist had at his disposal numerous internationalists.

McCoist had at his disposal numerous players earning £10,000 or more per week.

Those are the facts and the fact McCoist and his players couldn't beat non-entities like Malmo and Maribor means he should've been sacked.

Qualification for the Europa League should be an absolute minimum contractual requirement for any Rangers manager. If he cannot do this his contract should have a clause that entitles the Club to terminate the contract immediately with minimal pay-off. If you think this is unreasonable then you shouldn't be Rangers manager in the first place.

Cant be arsed ressponding point by point. Mcoist picked his strongest available team, they should have done the business on the park

The players aere mostly to blame for our euro exits IMO.

So why bother having a manager then? The team could be picked by committee like the old days.

The manager is the single most important position at any football club. Everything flows from him. Alex Ferguson is on record as saying a team on the park is the image of its manager.

McCoist failed, plain and simple. He did not have the dignity or integrity to resign after causing the club to suffer the humiliation of losing to such European giants as Malmo and Maribor. He should've been sacked.

ally sat and watched hearts play us off the park in the opening league game with mcculloch and edu in the middle, so what does he do against malmo, he plays the exact same team with they two in the middle again :(

the fact is mccoist hasnt learned anything new, his continual playing of players out of position is hurting the team,

we are simply not a learning club, what if mccoist doesnt win anything next season because we didnt spend as much as celtic, would he then get ANOTHER season as it wasnt a fair crack at the job

look at what eck accomplished, eck to an under performing side and turned them into treble winners, he pulled results from games we looked to struggle in

can anyone on here think of a game that was drifting away from us that mccoist has managed to turn around by changing tactics or by making a telling substitution

ally sat and watched hearts play us off the park in the opening league game with mcculloch and edu in the middle, so what does he do against malmo, he plays the exact same team with they two in the middle again :(

the fact is mccoist hasnt learned anything new, his continual playing of players out of position is hurting the team,

we are simply not a learning club, what if mccoist doesnt win anything next season because we didnt spend as much as celtic, would he then get ANOTHER season as it wasnt a fair crack at the job

look at what eck accomplished, eck to an under performing side and turned them into treble winners, he pulled results from games we looked to struggle in

can anyone on here think of a game that was drifting away from us that mccoist has managed to turn around by changing tactics or by making a telling substitution

re the last paragraph, he has won us a few points by bringing on kerkar in a few games where we have went on to win and scored minutes after the sub.

Cant be arsed ressponding point by point. Mcoist picked his strongest available team, they should have done the business on the park

The players aere mostly to blame for our euro exits IMO.

If you can't blame him for defeats, then you surely can't give him praise for the victories.

Unless you are suggesting players lose games, but managers win them.