Who wants Ally still in charge next season?

Sheikh Salim

423 members have voted

1. 1. After all the troubles Ally and Rangers have had to endure this season, do you still want Ally to be in charge next season?

• Yes
    • No

not for me. Brand new owners, brand new management team that will clear out that squad.

We need a completely new outlook and dare i say it, a foreign outlook of what is called the beautiful game as our game is anything but

i would quite happily give they bastards 3 or 4 in a row if we laid the foundations for a man united style domination. If we continue to look no further than the end of the season as we have been doing for over a decade now, then we will not progress as both a club and a team

Are you kidding?! There some supporters on here who dont want to give McCoist 9 months, how many managers do you think we would go through if we didnt win the league for 3 or 4 years?!

Sadly we dont have the supporters who are patient enough to wait 3 or 4 years for our club to come good. We have one bad season and everything must be changed which is wrong.

IMO McCoist must get next season and if there is no progress then its maybe time for a change.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another PLG "era"?

le guen given time may well have started something special for us. Being unbeaten in Europe no matter who the opposition is a cracking stat

he was given less time than ally and le guen had a worse team to start off with

i just want us to buy or promote players that can actually play the game. Watching malmo pass us off the park was fucking embarrassing at best

le guen given time may well have started something special for us. Being unbeaten in Europe no matter who the opposition is a cracking stat

he was given less time than ally and le guen had a worse team to start off with

i just want us to buy or promote players that can actually play the game. Watching malmo pass us off the park was fucking embarrassing at best

Did he have no strikers for half a season?

Would Ally get the 3 or 4 years too if he was French or merely foreign?

Coisty should be given a chance! He's been in charge for one season, a season that has been riddled with obstacles to overcome and people are wanting him gone? Yet I don't see any1 with a proper argument that explains why he shouldn't be given the chance!!

As far as I'm concerned every single Rangers fan should be grateful we have had Ally in charge throughout this ordeal, the way he has conducted himself and guided the players through such a difficult time has been a total credit to himself and the club!!

SUPER ALLY!

Did he have no strikers for half a season?

Would Ally get the 3 or 4 years too if he was French or merely foreign?

where is this no strikers for half a season coming from. Ally and his assembled team threw away a 9 point lead and only naismith was missing from his strikeforce. Ally and his assembled team also blew two euro ties and a domestic cup competition with a full quota of strikers

You want to talk about facts?

Jelavic was sold at the end of January, meaning he was available for 25 out of 38 league games. That's 66% of our league games, so maybe you need to look at facts and stop spouting nonsense about 'half a season with no strikers'

Healy/Little/McCulloch/Hemmings have been available in this period, that's four strikers. Lafferty didn't get injured until 2012....

Ally was the one who preferred to waste £1.5 million on Wallace when LB was not a problem area, those funds could have been used for a couple of forward thinking players. Wasted money on Ortiz/Bedoya and McKay.

Jelavic/Naismith were available for the European games and the league cup, what excuses you going to bring up for those shocking defeats? What excuses do you have for us blowing a big gap in the league?

Too many people refuse to admit the truth on this matter because Ally is a legend and has been outstanding off the pitch through our current problems. He has a poorer record than PLG FFS with more resources.

I love Ally but he's just not cut out for the job, felt that way from the beginning. Your comments are certainly way off the mark and are biased indeed.

As others have suggested a complete change from top to bottom is what our club needs, especially the management and coaches.

Love Ally, but my answer is no!

Jelavic didn't kick a ball since October, so you're the one spurting nonsense. He'd clearly decided he was off.

Naismith had a slow start to the season and missed a few chances. Whittaker gave away a few goals.

More resources than PLG, your arse!

PLG had Prso, Boyd and Novo at least.

We've now got Little and Healy.

The only criticism Ally deserves regarding strikers is not dropping Jelavic to give him a kick up the arse.

In future, he may judge such characters more accurately, but he is still learning, comparatively speaking.

Look let's face facts, Ally has come out and said that he may not be manager under new owners, however he has been exemplary in recent weeks and in my opinion he has been the galvanising force in the management and players taking wage cuts.

He has conducted himself impeccably in his media outputs and as a fellow Bear he is suffering as are we all. Why oh why do we needs these threads now? If anything we should be forever grateful to Ally for his conduct. My God what a series of events to hit a new manager in his first season. I doubt Walter would have got us through this any better.

Can you imagine a small ginger rodent from the east end conducting himself under similar circumstances with the dignity which Ally has? No me neither.

The season is over for us so there is no need for anti-Ally threads at this time. We still have a lot to do to pull ourselves out of this mire and quite frankly if I was Ally reading these criticisms I would be tempted to say "what was the point of doing everything I could, it's not appreciated with some of our support?"

Ally is not stupid, he may now realise that stepping into Walter's shoes was a move too far without cutting his teeth elsewhere and he will know if it's the right time for him to move on.

In the meantime can we all take a step back and avoid insulting people who only have the best interests of our club at heart? Let Ally guide us to the end of this dreadful season where our future matters more than any results on the field.

Thereafter what will be, will be.

Sorry for the rant but I don't do it often.

or Advocaat? - even with all that debt - Our most sucessful managers - all Scots!

I really hope we don't go down the wealthy foreign owner big-spending road again.

Ultimately, for all the beautiful football, the Advocaat era, of which I'm very fond, did lead to most.of our fiscal issues.

Look let's face facts, Ally has come out and said that he may not be manager under new owners, however he has been exemplary in recent weeks and in my opinion he has been the galvanising force in the management and players taking wage cuts.

He has conducted himself impeccably in his media outputs and as a fellow Bear he is suffering as are we all. Why oh why do we needs these threads now? If anything we should be forever grateful to Ally for his conduct. My God what a series of events to hit a new manager in his first season. I doubt Walter would have got us through this any better.

Can you imagine a small ginger rodent from the east end conducting himself under similar circumstances with the dignity which Ally has? No me neither.

The season is over for us so there is no need for anti-Ally threads at this time. We still have a lot to do to pull ourselves out of this mire and quite frankly if I was Ally reading these criticisms I would be tempted to say "what was the point of doing everything I could, it's not appreciated with some of our support?"

Ally is not stupid, he may now realise that stepping into Walter's shoes was a move too far without cutting his teeth elsewhere and he will know if it's the right time for him to move on.

In the meantime can we all take a step back and avoid insulting people who only have the best interests of our club at heart? Let Ally guide us to the end of this dreadful season where our future matters more than any results on the field.

Thereafter what will be, will be.

Sorry for the rant but I don't do it often.

Thank you for you rant.

People need to take a look at themselves. They need to look at the facts. You'd think he had Messi and Ibrahimovic on on the bench and was ignoring them for no valid reason when you look at some of the adolescent knee-jerk idiocy of certain petulant posters.

It was a decent performance from the team today under pretty tough circumstances. A lot of first team players out and a lot of off-field matters. We didn't deserve to lose the match. Now I'm not saying he hasn't made mistakes as a manager (all managers do) but Ally deserves a proper chance, which he clearly hasn't had this year. He deserves a full season of stability and backing from new ownership.

For everything he has done for us as a player, as assistant to Walter and for the way he has acted through all this turmoil, nobody else deserves a fair crack of it more than Ally does.

Spot on!

Perhaps all those who want Ally out...perhaps they can suggest a replacement.

Sir Walter.

New owners with some money to invest (hopefully)he chucked it because he knew we had no money and saw this comming

I'm sure Walter would step up and help out for a season or two.

Sir Walter.

New owners with some money to invest (hopefully)he chucked it because he knew we had no money and saw this comming

I'm sure Walter would step up and help out for a season or two.

Are we going to turn to Walter anytime anything goes wrong? Walter was a legend but we have to move on i am afraid. Plus I don't think Walter would come back.

I really hope we don't go down the wealthy foreign owner big-spending road again.

Ultimately, for all the beautiful football, the Advocaat era, of which I'm very fond, did lead to most.of our fiscal issues.

we don't need to spend massive amounts to coach our guys on playing football the correct way.

What we need to get away from is the short term outlook that we have had under most managers successful or not.

Everyone says that the rangers fans wouldn't give a manager time to build a legacy. I think the fans would if we seen yearly improvements along with the basis of a plan etc

what we have seen in the last decade is a focusing on single seasons and no further. And that's just plain silly

I'd like to thank Ally for what he's done for the Club this season but next season we need a fresh start I feel. Just don't think Ally has it in him to be a quality manager just yet. I'd like to see him go away and prove himself like everyone else has to do.

Not for me. Should learn his trade at a smaller club. It never works having legends as managers. He would have cost us the league this year anyway regardless of what was happening off the field. Single handedly got us pumped out of every other competition and if it wasnt for Admin this poll would be 90% voting NO.