police close in on whyte

Long story about the police asking for files about the takeover, Ticketus money, and location of the missing £millions

It made me wonder who the "source" was when I read this

"And last night a source close to the investigation said: “It’s up to the Crown Office to decide whether the police have amassed sufficient evidence in order to allow prosecutions. But the net is clearly tightening"

anyone close to an investigation by a Scottish Police Force would know it was the PF who decides if there is to be a prosecution.

Clearly their "source" hasn't a clue or doesn't exist

Long story about the police asking for files about the takeover, Ticketus money, and location of the missing £millions

"And last night a source close to the investigation said: “It’s up to the Crown Office to decide whether the police have amassed sufficient evidence in order to allow prosecutions. But the net is clearly tightening"

anyone close to an investigation by a Scottish Police Force would know it was the PF who decides if there is to be a prosecution.

Or the investigation is taking place in England.

That's not quite right.

The full title of the prosecuting authority in Scotland is the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service. The PF's office in the locality of an alleged crime will decide whether or not there should be a prosecution, but that's only true of less serious and/or less newsworthy cases. The Crown Office has the task of deciding whether or not there should be a prosecution in more serious or controversial cases.

i just read this topic title... and thought to myself "how the fuck has it came to this". Then i just burst out laughing. NEver in my wildest dreams could i have imagined we'd have an owner on the run from the law.

Whyte's more or less fucked now anyway. And he's fucked himself. What on earth possessed him? He was probably doing okay with his scams and then he decided to stick his oar into Rangers, bringing publicity. And mostly bad publicity. He can no longer operate "under the radar". Every company he goes near now will know him. He'll forever be Craig Whyte, the ex-chairman of Rangers ... the man who took Rangers into administration. I'll never understand why he did it.

sounds like a quote from an administrator in reference to the net tightening on tracing the missing millions as opposed to any net with regard to charges.

taken out of context to support pish information.