Red and Black Scarf Campaign hits the heights!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw pictures of Stumacleans livingroom on fb honestly boxes of scarfs & parcels all ready for distribution hats off to the boy he's just a young lad working his arse off helping to save the club......

Bears support any fundraising idea you chose its great we have so many dedicated normal working class guys with so little to offer financially who are contributing massively in other ways to help save our club it makes me prouder than ever to be true blue.....WATP No Surrender!!!!!

Found this, seems decent from some old ship fairing man with a huge white beard:

The Glasgow ship builders and engineers , Robert Napier and his nephew David Napier; when they built their steam engines for a customer, they also supplied boilers with the engines.Napier would paint the lum on their boilers in red with a black top, and narrow black bands and this was their trademark.Some of their regular customers retained those colours, thus the connection with CUNARD; PORT LINE: Isle of Man Steam Packet Co; FURNESS WITHY; and MACBRAYNES

£7.50 i'm sure... or the full tenner if you get it from the man above you (tu)

Someone else told me nothing was going to RFFF but to buy some tickets for school children and I didn't think that could be correct, everyone is pulling in the same direction for RFFF, surely?

im from govan district and i wouldnt wear a red/black scarf to a rangers match.

Personal choice at the end of the day. However, remember we wore an all black and red strip when we clinched the title last season. I'd forgotten about it until I watched it on YouTube earlier.article-1387308-0C1380F200000578-614_634x648.jpg

Someone else told me nothing was going to RFFF but to buy some tickets for school children and I didn't think that could be correct, everyone is pulling in the same direction for RFFF, surely?

I think its all going to buy tickets for the rest of the season to give to kids.

If you're spending £10, would you rather the full amount went to the club or £7.50 of it?

Take nothing away from the guy though, good initiative.

Edit: I appear far too synical. :lol:

The scarf isn't for me, but by all means buy one if you like. (Just buy a raffle ticket too...) :D

Cheers CB, when the idea started there was no such thing as the RFF. However after meeting with Sandy Jardine and the Club this week we have agreed a way of buying tickets for the remaining games as well as making a donation to the fighting fund! Buying tickets goes along wae to filling the stadium, getting young bears there who may never have got the chance before and therefore creating more future bears!!!

An email recieved today,

Dear All

RANGERS FANS FIGHTING FUND

As i am sure most of you are aware that anyone purchasing a new business no matter the size of it know it can take many many weeks to conclude. Anyone who purchases Rangers Football Club, the deal definitely wont be concluded in 8 - 12 weeks. As it draws near the end of the season everyone needs to be aware that there will be a massive shortfall in cash.

There will probably only be three home games before the end of the season, there after we will have no income at all.

Please take the time to read both of the attachments and hopefully i can encourage you to put your hand in your pocket and dig deep to help save Rangers.

Please believe me we need your money now!

It's red & black so that supporters stand out - the one's who bought them - that they purchased them and are helping the club out financially.

I've put several hundred into the RFFF, and dont need a fucking red and black scarf as a "look at me".

Your argument is pathetic as well as offensive.

I can understand the idea behind the redandblack scarves.

Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, he can feed himself forever.

It's the same with fans, if you get a kid early to Rangers he will come back, again and again, always putting money into the coffers of the club. That fan might bring thier kids.. Eventually, and the cycle continues.

It's red & black so that supporters stand out - the one's who bought them - that they purchased them and are helping the club out financially.

I have to say that I disagree with this statement. It presumes that the supporters who may not be wearing the red/black scarves have not been helping the club out.

I have contributed a substantial amount to the RFFF recently, and I see no need to purchase a red/black scarf which to me is really of no significance to the club I support.

I may have been tempted to purchase a "Gallant Pioneers" scarf, but the fact I will not be buying a red/black scarf does not -like fellow Bears of similar mindset - mean I am not helping our club in it's hour of need.

Similarly I would not condemn any Bear who is unable to attend the Legends game.

We will all do our bit for our club in whatever way we can.

Mine turned up yesterday so no complaints on that score. However like a lot of people on here I have mixed feelings about the whole thing but at least the lad has tried to do something positive about the shambles we find ourself in.

I just wish it had some sort of Gers emblem on it so that it was obvious what it was representing but I suppose that would have pushed up the cost.

One small question - what happens if all the "spare tickets" are already sold and theres still a few bob left over, will that money go straight to the RFFF?