Big push between now and the end of the season

scottyc06

Really hope the players can use yesterday as some motivation to bounce right back into form and go on an unbeaten run til the end of the season!

If we can manage to do so, I see us closing the gap at the top to under 10 points, as they will most definitely slip up more than once in the run in!

Should this happen, i for one will most definitely be celebrating 4 in a row!! :21:

it would be on if we weren't cheated by Iain Brines vs Kilmarnock who chopped off 2 good goals, or Crawford allan at Hearts who denied us a stonewaller before giving hearts the most baffling penalty decision ive ever seen.

robbed of 6 points. well, 16 i suppose.

no gripes about the loss away to Dundee Utd though.

it would be on if we weren't cheated by Iain Brines vs Kilmarnock who chopped off 2 good goals, or Crawford allan at Hearts who denied us a stonewaller before giving hearts the most baffling penalty decision ive ever seen.

Also the Celtic 1-0 game should have been 1-1 adding a point and reducing their lead by 2. :anguish:

Really hope the players can use yesterday as some motivation to bounce right back into form and go on an unbeaten run til the end of the season!

If we can manage to do so, I see us closing the gap at the top to under 10 points, as they will most definitely slip up more than once in the run in!

Should this happen, i for one will most definitely be celebrating 4 in a row!! :21:

I know we are in positive mode now but this is very positive. I like it. :uk:

Picture for a second,,, the SPL take action against them for their managers constant misbehaviour and attack on match officials,,, they go and dock em,, lets say 10 points,, the lose their next 2 games against the saints and Killie then get drawn against us in the first game after the split. We then tear to bits at Parkead go back above them and watch them spiral freespin into full scale panic Mode.

If Carlsberg did league run ins :uk::21::uk:

Also the Celtic 1-0 game should have been 1-1 adding a point and reducing their lead by 2. :anguish:

indeed, officials have cost us dearly.

the lee wallace goal that never counted

hearts would have taken the leads vs them from a goal which also crossed the line

2 legit goals chalked off vs kilmarnock

denied a clear penalty vs hearts, and given an astounding penalty call against us.

had those went our way, we'd be within 10 points right now, with an old firm still to play...

indeed, officials have cost us dearly.

the lee wallace goal that never counted

hearts would have taken the leads vs them from a goal which also crossed the line

2 legit goals chalked off vs kilmarnock

denied a clear penalty vs hearts, and given an astounding penalty call against us.

had those went our way, we'd be within 10 points right now, with an old firm still to play...

If you think of all those instances then look at Ally. You don't see him moaning in media and blaming the officials yet Lennon seems to think it's acceptable to act this way.

Agreed. As much as our form visibly dipped after we went into administration, there were decisions in games that if we had a salivating idiot for a manager instead of a gentleman, a little bit more might have been made of them. If I remember rightly there was also an absolute assault by Hay on Sone Aluko at the away tie in Kilmarnock during a game that we eventually lost 0-1. When Ally was asked about the disallowed goal against Killie at home, all he said was "Did you see it as well?" and when the journo said "yes" he said "Will that do for an answer then?". Imagine that decision had been against thon cunt with the teeth like a row of condemned hooses? There would have been absolute pandemonium in the papers for days.

I'm glad that our club rise above using things like that as an excuse - but that won't stop me from bitching about it for months afterwards ;) . You hear a lot of bleating about how "these things even themselves out over a season" but there have been decisions this season that have cost us a bunch of points. Our form has been off since administration (with the exception of away to ICT and yesterday), but the home defeats to Killie and Hearts had as much to do with poor decisions as they did with our performances. Finishing within 10 points of Celtic would have definitely been on if it wasn't for a few of those decisions.

Agreed. As much as our form visibly dipped after we went into administration, there were decisions in games that if we had a salivating idiot for a manager instead of a gentleman, a little bit more might have been made of them. If I remember rightly there was also an absolute assault by Hay on Sone Aluko at the away tie in Kilmarnock during a game that we eventually lost 0-1. When Ally was asked about the disallowed goal against Killie at home, all he said was "Did you see it as well?" and when the journo said "yes" he said "Will that do for an answer then?". Imagine that decision had been against thon cunt with the teeth like a row of condemned hooses? There would have been absolute pandemonium in the papers for days.

I'm glad that our club rise above using things like that as an excuse - but that won't stop me from bitching about it for months afterwards ;) . You hear a lot of bleating about how "these things even themselves out over a season" but there have been decisions this season that have cost us a bunch of points. Our form has been off since administration (with the exception of away to ICT and yesterday), but the home defeats to Killie and Hearts had as much to do with poor decisions as they did with our performances. Finishing within 10 points of Celtic would have definitely been on if it wasn't for a few of those decisions.

exactly my point.

the tims would be compiling dossiers if they had the run of decisions we've had since the OF at porkhied.

i remember after the dougie-gate & the ref strike they were up in arms. The real radio football phone-in was a wash with them, and Ewen Cameron got so sick of it he challenged any celtic fan to complie a dossier, and he in return, would compile one himself of both decision Celtic benefitted from and that have went against Rangers.

needless to say the jumped at the chance. "the establishment" "this is a protestant country" "we're discriminated against". Even that slabbery old cunt Billy McNeil weighed in on the act by stating in the papers that Celtic have been victims of referee bias for over 50 years.

now, whats the reaction been to the spate of decisions to go against us this season? muted would be an understatement. Ally has brushed them off in interviews, the fans have moaned but ultimately, the manager, players and fans have just got on with it.

what angers me the most is that the decisions are a direct result of Celtic lowering the quality of referees. Dougie McDonald was the best ref in the country and they chased him out the game for making the correct decision in the hooper penalty incident, in a game Celtic won anyway. They also chased out Hugh Dallas who was doing a top notch job in improving the ref'ing standards in this country.

having idiots like Crawford Allan & Ian Brines cost us 6 points this season is a direct result of that.

There's no point in moaning about dodgy decisions. The points are gone and we don't want to sound like that mob from the East End, do we?

The OP has the right point of view. Nail every game till the end of the season and see if we can get within 10 points of Sellic. If we can do that then everyone will know who the REAL champions are.

i have a feeling celtic are on the verge of an all mighty implosion, they will be humped out the cup by hearts and will only win the title due to our 10 point penalty

Celtic are and have always been bottle merchants. Few examples recently are the cup final defeat by Killie, yesterday, cup final last season and Inverness defeat last season too. So my money is on Hearts knocking them out the cup. :P

Picture for a second,,, the SPL take action against them for their managers constant misbehaviour and attack on match officials,,, they go and dock em,, lets say 10 points,, the lose their next 2 games against the saints and Killie then get drawn against us in the first game after the split. We then tear to bits at Parkead go back above them and watch them spiral freespin into full scale panic Mode.

Mate. Immense! Just imagine 00000042.gifuk.gif

Sadly there is no precedent for this so it won't happen and also the SFA/SPL have consistently ignored Lemon's behaviour for whatever reason that most sane people simply cannot fathom. If they had actually had the balls to treat him the same as every other manager instead of giving him special privelege to do whatever he wants, then he would probably be sitting on season's ban and his club charged with bringing the game into disrepute by now - although I suspect even the idiots on the tim board wouldn't have stood by him in that case and so he wouldn't be here.