MSP writes a letter to the administrators.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone able to copy and paste it?

Mr Paul Clark & Mr David Whitehouse

Duff & Phelps

43-45 Portman Square

London

W1H 6LY

3 April 2012

Dear Mr Clark & Mr Whitehouse,

RANGERS FC

I am writing in relation to the current situation of Rangers FC.

I am MSP for Mid-Scotland & Fife and also Convenor of the Scottish Parliament’s Economy,

Energy and Tourism Committee, although I am writing this in a personal capacity. I am also

a debenture holder at Rangers FC and therefore technically a creditor of the company.

I know that as administrators you are currently considering bids for the company. I believe

that it is essential that any bidder considering liquidation is ruled out of the process. I say

this for two reasons – firstly, liquidation would deprive HMRC of funds properly due to the

taxpayer and, secondly, liquidation would jeopardise the future existence of an institution

which means so much to so many people across the world.

It is in the interests of HMRC that Rangers FC exit administration through a Company

Voluntary Arrangement and therefore I believe that only bids that offer this course of action

should be taken forward by the administrators.

You will welcome the support from the fans of the Club, including the three supporters’

groups coming together to raise funds and who have now made payments to Dunfermline FC

on behalf of the club. If Rangers FC is liquidated and a new club is established I fear that

some of this support may disappear, which will damage the Club’s revival.

It is a fact that Scottish football needs to change and adapt. It is in the interests for Scottish

football for there to be a strong SPL, and having a strong Rangers FC in the top flight The Scottish Parliament

Edinburgh EH99 1SP

Tel: 0131 348 5646 Fax: 0131 348 5933

murdo.fraser.msp@scottish.parliament.uk www.conservativemsps.com

division will help bring in revenue. The long-term economic interests of Scottish football

and Rangers FC are best served if the club is not liquidated.

The administrators have a unique opportunity to see a new form of ownership for Rangers

FC, where the fan is at the heart of the club, and this can be a catalyst to help improve

Scottish football.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further and I can be reached at

murdo.fraser.msp@scottish.parliament.uk if you wish to contact my office to arrange a

meeting.

Yours sincerely

Murdo Fraser MSP

Member for Mid Scotland & Fife (Scottish Conservatives)

Guess who he wants to win, where the fuck has he been up until now!! Right mini I will get that letter off now and better to release it on forums just after the bids are disclosed.

One question re this MSP was he one of the elected ones or the add ons. And before anyone asks I tend to cast my vote for the party he represents.

Guess who he wants to win, where the fuck has he been up until now!! Right mini I will get that letter off now and better to release it on forums just after the bids are disclosed.

One question re this MSP was he one of the elected ones or the add ons. And before anyone asks I tend to cast my vote for the party he represents.

He is a list MSP elected under the D'Hontde voting mechanism

I think the message here is simple and I have been banging on about it for years. The Labour Party have been hijacked by republicans, the SNP pander to every minority group, Lib Dems? well they do not live in the real world. For all their faults the Tories are the best option for us!

I think the message here is simple and I have been banging on about it for years. The Labour Party have been hijacked by republicans, the SNP pander to every minority group, Lib Dems? well they do not live in the real world. For all their faults the Tories are the best option for us!

No, the SNP are made up of a cross section of Scottish society, they can't be pidgeon holed as anything other than pro Scottish.