Joint supporters groups statement

Shane

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's sensible to accept we might not get a decision that suits us all - not least because D&P are bound by legalities and I'm doubtful the reality of that will satisfy our best hopes.

In at least one sense (to me at least) it's academic - because I'll be supporting The Rangers no matter the outcome.

Agreed, you're never gonna suit everyone. As long as new owners don't totally destroy the club, I think we'll have a general acceptance. Like you say, as long as there will be a Rangers to support, i'll be at least contented

D and p. Not likely be one tomorrow.

So what is planned if not?????

We should know

RST doesn't think so:

Shane Nicholson @ShaneANicholson

@rangersfctrust @bmcrangersrants Fans deserve to know what your follow up plans are to a bidder not being named tomorrow, already have them?

rst_normal.jpgRangers Supporters @rangersfctrust@ShaneANicholson @bmcrangersrants The last sentence of the statement would indicate that.

@rangersfctrust @BMCRangersRants You're the one here right now saying we hope it doesn't come to that. So what's the plan if/when it does?

rst_normal.jpgRangers Supporters @rangersfctrust

@ShaneANicholson @bmcrangersrants Yet to decided. We're hardly going announce our exact intentions when cards gave still to be played.

RST doesn't think so:

@rangersfctrust @BMCRangersRants You're the one here right now saying we hope it doesn't come to that. So what's the plan if/when it does?

rst_normal.jpgRangers Supporters @rangersfctrust

@ShaneANicholson @bmcrangersrants Yet to decided. We're hardly going announce our exact intentions when cards gave still to be played.

going by this McLaughlin guy and seems he is relaying all this over twitter.

All seems a little silly. Don't really get what they are getting at. What can they realistically do should D&P not announce anything tomorrow?

Is it a secret the fans ain't involved in

Shane Nicholson@ShaneANicholson

@rangersfctrust @BMCRangersRants This is directly in response to SPL announcement last week, not "weeks" of meetings. You're fluffing...

rst_normal.jpgRangers Supporters@rangersfctrust

@ShaneANicholson @bmcrangersrants I must have imagined conference calls and updates from reps! The delays are an excuse for D&P

@rangersfctrust @bmcrangersrants Excuses for what? EXPLAIN the full context of your vague statements

My understanding is that the Administrators have to justify all actions they take to a Court of Law.

Therefore it is not a case of them looking for the best interests of any party except the creditors.

To issue a statement like the one today which ends in some veiled threat is folly in my opinion and will serve no purpose whatsoever other than to divide our support at a time when we should all be pulling together for the club we love.

David Hillier (Professor of Finance at Strathclyde Uni) has just tweeted a few minutes ago:

"RFC bid delay isn't the fault of D&P. Fans should understand confidentiality necessity in admin. Bidders currently control timing."

Absolutely damning of tonight's precipitous and misguided statement.

David Hillier (Professor of Finance at Strathclyde Uni) has just tweeted a few minutes ago:

"RFC bid delay isn't the fault of D&P. Fans should understand confidentiality necessity in admin. Bidders currently control timing."

Absolutely damning of tonight's precipitous and misguided statement.

Is he one of us mate? not that it really matters, i know the other guy in the business school is, just didnt know if he was

Let me answer it for you. 2 out of the 3 bidders have requested time to reassess their offers based on proposed future points and financial penalties should Rangers not exit Administration by the start of next season or worse still have to go into Liquidation.

The Administators are legally bound to accept the best offer for the creditors and that requires them to wait for the bids to be reassessed and resubmitted.

I have to say I personally find it a very poor statement, in light of the fact they have already told us why they can no longer define the preferred bidder. What they need to do is set a new deadline for the bidders to resubmit their bids, but not sure how that can be before 30th April as new bids are dependent on whether new rules are adopted in part or in full or rejected.

So many fucking supporters groups yet NONE of them speak for the majority of us.

I don't have a solution to that but the whole 'you need to be in with us to be privy to secret information' does my fucking nut right in considering its my club as much as any of theirs.

And with regards to the statement, fucking terrible. I now expect two burly guys in leather jackets to turn up at D&P office with a rottweiler at 5pm tomorrow to deliver "the secret next step".

Asked the man myself and got a thoughtful response:

@DavidHillier Elaborate a little? Far more familiar with US bankruptcy than UK admin laws but disappointed in fans groups statement today

David Hillier@DavidHillier

@ShaneANicholson D&P cannot divulge info on confidential discussions and await final bid. Bidders control timing of submission of bid.

I'll bet that D&P are sitting in their expensive hotel room quaking in their booots. They know now that they can't mess us fans about. I think that they will be on the phone first thing in the morning arranging a press conference.