Is God helping?

MisterC

The arrogance and malicous comments shown here is incredible. Although, I don't know what else I was expecting from regressive minds. You're Almost as disgusting as your moral devoid god with some of the comments you made about god having plans for blind people. If you could say to a blind man that it's ok he is blind because god wants him to be, then you're one of the most despicable people I've ever had to converse with. The arrogance that reeks of makes me sick, but not nearly as sick as some of the acts commited in your so called holy book, by your so called god.

Also, evolution could never create the complexities of the world? Where's you're proof that evolution couldn't? Evolution happens today. I'm genuinely perplexed as to wether thier reposts are a wind up or not. They're so uneducated and bizarre that I'm struggling to believe a real person from our time period holds these absurd beliefs. Oh, the human appendix is redundant. God just not got round to getting rid of that yet? Sorry, he must be really busy with all the abhorrent atrocities he commits. Must have too many children to murder and diseases to spread and minds to corrupt to sort it out, eh?

I just can't get my head around why in this day and age, where our understanding of ourselves, the planet and everything in it including the most fundamental thing of all, energy, has been increasing at an alarmingly fast rate, that people would still place just as much credence in a wide-spread opinion formed hundreds and hundreds of years ago! :S

I mean really, it's almost comparible to people still insisting that the age-old belief that the Earth is flat! It's easy to see why this was accepted as fact in those days, just as easy as understanding why the idea of a god or gods was accepted without question - but knowing what we know now and with how much we have developed our understanding of almost EVERYTHING since then?!

Come on peeps.

Question - when some dickhead rapes and murders a bunch of people and claims God spoke to him and told him to do it, do "believers" believe his claim or just think that he is a fucking nutcase?

Why would you doubt him if you believe it is entirely plausible that God could have spoken to him? And don't say God would never tell someone to commit such an astrocity, cos they happen all the fucking time and apparently when they do they are all part of his plan, so why wouldn't he?

Gers fan, didn't you hear the response I got to a similar question as the one you asked? It's gods plan, we don't understand it, it's not our place to question it. Imagine having the brass neck to spout that dogmatic bullshit to a rape and murder victims family. These are the kind polluted minds us rational people have to deal with and "show some respect for". I respect the right to believe, but not what they believe. Infact, I'll say it, all abrahamic religions are unfounded, inherently evil, slavery commanding, infanticidal, genocidal crocks of bronze age bullshit. Your religion is a joke.

I just can't get my head around why in this day and age, where our understanding of ourselves, the planet and everything in it including the most fundamental thing of all, energy, has been increasing at an alarmingly fast rate, that people would still place just as much credence in a wide-spread opinion formed hundreds and hundreds of years ago! :S

I mean really, it's almost comparible to people still insisting that the age-old belief that the Earth is flat! It's easy to see why this was accepted as fact in those days, just as easy as understanding why the idea of a god or gods was accepted without question - but knowing what we know now and with how much we have developed our understanding of almost EVERYTHING since then?!

Come on peeps.

Question - when some dickhead rapes and murders a bunch of people and claims God spoke to him and told him to do it, do "believers" believe his claim or just think that he is a fucking nutcase?

Why would you doubt him if you believe it is entirely plausible that God could have spoken to him? And don't say God would never tell someone to commit such an astrocity, cos they happen all the fucking time and apparently when they do they are all part of his plan, so why wouldn't he?

God is less plausible than Santa Claus :pipe:

The human appendix does have a purpose. It helps a person balance. According to some medical researchers. And they are not arguments for evolution, they are arguments in Gods favour. Evolution could never create such wonders. Could chance create a perfect eye that can see in 3d? Aids and cancer are the creation of God, why? He is beyond our understanding, or moreso, it is not our place to understand. The holocaust and Africa are due to the hands of men. They are also the Will of the Almighty. Why did He allow them? Only He knows. Maybe God has a reason for making someone blind. You can have your pity back. You will need it

Probably the worst post I've ever seen on here and I'm not sure if you're fishing...?

What about the dinosaurs? :sherlock:

Oh, and another point I should point out to you ( I'm not sure if your unevolved mind can understand it) is that evolution is not by chance.

You are having a larf aren't you? Feel free to believe in fairies but don't expect others to do the same.

Evolution is entirely due to chance, whether through natural selection, mutation or whatever.

doh

Can't believe I responded to either an idiot or a wind up merchant.

You are having a larf aren't you? Feel free to believe in fairies but don't expect others to do the same.

Evolution is entirely due to chance, whether through natural selection, mutation or whatever.

doh

How do I believe in fairies? The circumstances are by chance as in if something happens in nature,validate change and meteors etc. But the evolution of the animal is to adapt to the surroundings. So, our atmosphere on this planet was by chance but the evolution of animals is directly linked to the environment thy we live in. The circumstances are chance. I should maybe have made that clearer. Basically, it's not a stroke of luck we look and have developed the way we have. We have evolved the way we are due to the conditions we have endured for 100's of thousands of years.

I cant spare a day of my life reading this thread but it must be very good with 19 pages of debating.

Can someone sum up with me what its about and give me a quick synopsis.

Cheers :rolleyes:

Have you ever attented a pantomime. Well its like that.

"there is no gawd"

"oh yes there is"

"on no there's not"

"oh yes there is"

"on no there's not"

"oh yes there is"

"on no there's not"

"oh yes there is"

"on no there's not"

for 19 pages...........

Have you ever attented a pantomime. Well its like that.

"there is no gawd"

"oh yes there is"

"on no there's not"

"oh yes there is"

"on no there's not"

"oh yes there is"

"on no there's not"

"oh yes there is"

"on no there's not"

for 19 pages...........

Is there going to be a movie?????????

• 1 month later...

doh

Me neither.

And all you did was show that you don't understand evolution.