Is God helping?

MisterC

Vox Day notes concerning atheism and mass murder:

“Apparently it was just an amazing coincidence that every Communist of historical note publicly declared his atheism … .there have been twenty-eight countries in world history that can be confirmed to have been ruled by regimes with avowed atheists at the helm … These twenty-eight historical regimes have been ruled by eighty-nine atheists, of whom more than half have engaged in democidal acts of the sort committed by Stalin and Mao …

The total body count for the ninety years between 1917 and 2007 is approximately 148 million dead at the bloody hands of fifty-two atheists, three times more than all the human beings killed by war, civil war, and individual crime in the entire twentieth century combined.

The historical record of collective atheism is thus 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst and most infamous misdeed, the Spanish Inquisition. It is not only Stalin and Mao who were so murderously inclined, they were merely the worst of the whole Hell-bound lot. For every Pol Pot whose infamous name is still spoken with horror today, there was a Mengistu, a Bierut, and a Choibalsan, godless men whose names are now forgotten everywhere but in the lands they once ruled with a red hand."

I think you missed the point of the person who pointed out the difference between the vast number of people who were killed because of differing religious beliefs and the number of people killed in the name of atheism. He didn't say that atheists hadn't killed many thousands or millions, he was making the point that those deaths were nothing to do with atheism.

Guess what religion this lot were?

Robert Mugabe

Pol Pot (Khmer Rouge)

Adolf Hitler

Benito Mussolini

General Franco

Ferdinand Marcos (Phillipines)

Papa Doc Duvalier (Haiti)

Joseph Goebbels

Heinrich Himmler

Ngo Dinh Diem (Vietnam)

Jozef Tiso (Slovakia)

Napoleon Bonaparte

Joseph Stalin

General Galtieri

Fidel Castro

Robert Mugabe

Pol Pot (Khmer Rouge)

Adolf Hitler

Benito Mussolini

General Franco

Joseph Goebbels

Heinrich Himmler

Ngo Dinh Diem (Vietnam)

Jozef Tiso (Slovakia)

Napoleon Bonaparte

Joseph Stalin

General Galtieri

Fidel Castro

They were all Anglicans.

What is my prize?

I think you missed the point of the person who pointed out the difference between the vast number of people who were killed because of differing religious beliefs and the number of people killed in the name of atheism. He didn't say that atheists hadn't killed many thousands or millions, he was making the point that those deaths were nothing to do with atheism.

Robert Mugabe

Pol Pot (Khmer Rouge)

Adolf Hitler

Benito Mussolini

General Franco

Joseph Goebbels

Heinrich Himmler

Ngo Dinh Diem (Vietnam)

Jozef Tiso (Slovakia)

Napoleon Bonaparte

Joseph Stalin

General Galtieri

Fidel Castro

All RC except Fidel.

Castro was raised RC.

Castro was baptized and raised a Roman Catholic as a child but did not practice as one. He has publicly stated that "I have never been a believer", and has total conviction that there is only one life.Pope John XXIII excommunicated Castro in 1962.

Castro was baptized and raised a Roman Catholic as a child but did not practice as one. He has publicly stated that "I have never been a believer", and has total conviction that there is only one life.Pope John XXIII excommunicated Castro in 1962.

Practised as a child but dropped it when older.

Stalin actually trained to be a priest, that worked out well, eh?? <cr>

Did you make that sig bigger just because of this thread? If so, pathetic.

No never touched it ......

but class comment coming from the man with the BIG red hand in his sig!!!!! Carlsberg dont do irony but if they did ....

Dear God

As I lay me down to sleep, please kill this thread

AMEN :craphead:

Hallelujah brother!

you have seen the Light!

and cast away your Atheist ways!

emm...

i hope you tactfully pm'd bluepeter before publicly announcing your conversion from his blasphemous Atheist Brigade.

but always remember, Sucumbi, even with threads you despise:

"Thou shalt not kill"

I'll try to steer this away from the majority of the "i Dinnae beleive and seen a documentary that says its nae true so your wrong" attitude that the majority of this thread is filled with and reply to th OP

I beleive and yes he has helped and is helping me. /Posting