Is God helping?

MisterC

Have you ever attented a pantomime. Well its like that.

"there is no gawd"

"oh yes there is"

"on no there's not"

"oh yes there is"

"on no there's not"

"oh yes there is"

"on no there's not"

"oh yes there is"

"on no there's not"

for 19 pages...........

Aye and he’s behind you, watching :lol:

Just wondering as it seems I am the only christian on here but thought would ask how peoples religious faith is getting then through these tough and turbulent times. For me God is there as a guiding light and too many forget that and I would like to know how many of you like me pray every night to god and put their faith in him that he will help us through this. Anyone else prepared to state that in God they trust?

I am a very devoted Anglican as it happens, and I am confident God will guide us through these difficult times we are in at the moment. A cheap chuckle by scum should never stop us from realising God is playing the long game and that Good will soon prevail over everything else.

Trust me, God will not allow the Glasgow Rangers to falter. Evidence of this is just around the corner. I predict a blue storm.

Just wondering as it seems I am the only christian on here but thought would ask how peoples religious faith is getting then through these tough and turbulent times. For me God is there as a guiding light and too many forget that and I would like to know how many of you like me pray every night to god and put their faith in him that he will help us through this. Anyone else prepared to state that in God they trust?

As there is no evidence of any God I will not be praying or trusting in any a invisible pal in the sky.

Religion easily has the best bullshit story of all time. Think about it. Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

Thank You George Carlin

And don't forget 'Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers'...

Don't you bother giving me the benefit of the doubt. I am serious, its not for me to prove a negative, it's for you the believer to provide the proof. Have you got any proof? If so let the rest of us know what it is.

It doesnt and cant really work like that BearGer.

If God was "provable".....where would that leave necessary exercise of faith ?

Nor is it up to "the believer to provide the proof". That is an exercise of faith by an individual.

Logic and reasoning are not passports into the kingdom of God. Nor are arguements however reasoned or co-hesive. The latter only serve to show that ones choice to believe in God is a reasonable standpoint.

Its by grace alone that one is saved. Not reasoned arguement.

Religion easily has the best bullshit story of all time. Think about it. Religion has convinced people that there’s an invisible man…living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn’t want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money.

Thank You George Carlin

And don't forget 'Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers'...

even as an active athiest I recognise there is a huge difference between god and religion. the concept of belief in a higher being runs through nearly every society - this doesn't make that belief right but it is ahowever hat the belief exists - however religion takes that need for belief in many and tries to pray :pipe: on that belief to create control structures and power bases and for me religion is much more corrosive, divisive and stupid than even the belief in god ( any god)

It doesnt and cant really work like that BearGer.

If God was "provable".....where would that leave necessary exercise of faith ?

Nor is it up to "the believer to provide the proof". That is an exercise of faith by an individual.

Logic and reasoning are not passports into the kingdom of God. Nor are arguements however reasoned or co-hesive. The latter only serve to show that ones choice to believe in God is a reasonable standpoint.

Its by grace alone that one is saved. Not reasoned arguement.

Very good points made there, D'Art.

Dont really know if god exists,any religious education i had was when a juvenille in the o/o(even won a bible comp!).during my teenage years my dad was amazed that on xmas eve i suddenly announced i was going to church!was an excuse to be out after 12pm! good auld midnight service,on occasion when dealing with crisis i have asked god to sort it! confused,com!

Haven't seen any of the myriad gods knocking about recently including Yaweh.

If he was ever alive his absence kind of means he's dead.