Both bidders going for Newco

Did the gers fans in 1898 feel different and not follow follow in 1899?......no but if it is newco I want it to be majority rangers men at the helm.....so not miller for me!

Who knows what our fans thought back then.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the company wouldnt have to be liquidated under that senario.

It wouldn't have to be no you're right. It could just become dormant I guess. It is likely though to be shut down since it would serve no purpose. The point is there would be a disconnect between the club and company.

Simple question for those who oppose a newco. If someone waved a magic wand and we were suddenly able to have Rangers owned on a membership basis like say Barca would you be happy with that? I ask because in that scenario the company would end up being liquidated.

(tu)

Interesting analogy

It wouldn't have to be no you're right. It could just become dormant I guess. It is likely though to be shut down since it would serve no purpose. The point is there would be a disconnect between the club and company.

celtc keep theirs dormant I suspect the same would be done with rangers in that circumstance.

That's the key element for me, Casey.

It's always The Rangers - the club - for me. At no point in my life have I felt any attachement whatsoever to the suits and their corporate shenanigans.

I've said it before - I wont support any newco because I never supported the oldco. I support The Rangers Football Club. And I always will.

Strange claims when you consider your self-imposed away game boycott. If you're only interest was the sport, you wouldn't be bothered about the corporate shenanigans of those at other clubs either. Your hope that those clubs die doesn't say much for your feelings towards opposition fans who also only support 'the club' of their choice.

If you can justify it to yourself, good luck to you.

I think newco is a more viable and safe option. CVA will involve the club operating with full player contracts in a period where the club will be making no notable revenue.

Those two weeks could seriously kill our club outright.

That's what happens when the litigation team from a multinational spends seven weeks working out a take over plan before finally announcing it.

Yes Miller has done his Homework and I am airing towards him as each Day Passes.

Seems to have a better Idea what he is doing, and has a backup plan too.

Yes.

Someone will gather up every text, every radio broadcast, all tv archives, every article on the interwebs and delete them from, well, history.

Finally, an electronic memory erasing device will be employed on every human who ever consumed said information (intentionally or not) and empty the appropriate cells in their memory banks.

the neuraliser?

so what's all the nonsense you read about them not being the origional company then?

The original company changed its name to Celtic plc and owns the players/ground etc. The SFA licence was later transferred to a subsidiary newco which is where you are getting confused.

Googled brian Kennedy and found out he has assets of £3250 million and funding a £300+million take over of a conservatory company.

Maybe that's why he can only afford a few million to help us,or is he tight?

So,he's got the dosh,but will he use some of it to help our club?