***The Official Rangers v Motherwell Thread***

Amac9

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'I watched the game with a bunch of mates, all Bears, and the general consensus was that Bartley and McCulloch were our best players today'

Yeah, same I thought that today was Bartley's best game to date.

How did you get on mate?

Pretty well thanks! Didn't have as long as I thought I would've had as the bus broke down on the way there and it took around an hour for another to come. :lol: Got to the stadium just after 12, picked up my ticket then headed to my seat. Actually really enjoyed myself, think I might start going on my own more often! Did you enjoy yourself again?

Must've been after most people started leaving. They could've made their intentions clear...

Thought the fact that all the stewards came out and surrounded the pitch would have been a clue like every other year.I am used to see large numbers leave at 80 minutes but I thought this might have been different and the way the majority of the support evaporated at the final whistle was an embarrassment and an insult to the players.

Pretty well thanks! Didn't have as long as I thought I would've had as the bus broke down on the way there and it took around an hour for another to come. :lol: Got to the stadium just after 12, picked up my ticket then headed to my seat. Actually really enjoyed myself, think I might start going on my own more often! Did you enjoy yourself again?

Sorry mate I seen this earlier and meant to reply but my mate was here and I completely forgot :lol:

Aye the queue for the ticket collection cabin isn't usually that bad! Aye was good mate. Got there about 10 to 12 cause the train had less stops than usual, got my ticket then walked round to the front doors... Seen Davis and got a few photos :D got a programme then headed inside.

Was an excellent day and loved every minute of the lap of honour etc, truly fantastic support from those that stayed!

Glad you got on fine! It's not that bad is it :D?

Thought the fact that all the stewards came out and surrounded the pitch would have been a clue like every other year.I am used to see large numbers leave at 80 minutes but I thought this might have been different and the way the majority of the support evaporated at the final whistle was an embarrassment and an insult to the players.

How could that be a clue? :lol: I'm pretty sure they surround the pitch at half time as well, you know, when the players are leaving the field. doh It was poorly organised. Maybe that's because most other people also thought that was them done? They stood for a few minutes, clapped and left the field. How anyone is meant to get the crystal ball out and know better it beyond me.

Sorry mate I seen this earlier and meant to reply but my mate was here and I completely forgot :lol:

Aye the queue for the ticket collection cabin isn't usually that bad! Aye was good mate. Got there about 10 to 12 cause the train had less stops than usual, got my ticket then walked round to the front doors... Seen Davis and got a few photos :D got a programme then headed inside.

Was an excellent day and loved every minute of the lap of honour etc, truly fantastic support from those that stayed!

Glad you got on fine! It's not that bad is it :D?

I thought that the players were finished when they went in, think that most people did, so I left a minute or two after they left the field for the first time and missed the lap of honour. :(

I might do it more often, it's pretty good!

I think it should've been made a lot clearer what the plan was i.e the display and lap of honour. The players were on the pitch for a few minutes then went back I was about to leave then thought I'd wait and see if Papac came out and spoke.

A couple of things:

1. I understand people having to leave early when it's a 3 kick off, last train/bus shit like that, but when it's an early kick off there's no real excuse.

2. Penny Arcade is getting boring now.

3. The amount of empty seats today was a disgrace. I know it was on the telly, but that shouldn't matter. Last game of the season, maybe our last game ever (I fucking hope not), and the place looked like it was a midweek game.

How could that be a clue? :lol: I'm pretty sure they surround the pitch at half time as well, you know, when the players are leaving the field. doh It was poorly organised. Maybe that's because most other people also thought that was them done? They stood for a few minutes, clapped and left the field. How anyone is meant to get the crystal ball out and know better it beyond me.

A few stewards didn't just stand around the tunnel as normal; the whole perimeter of the pitch was guarded by stewards every 5 yards like every final home game of the season when the team waves goodbye or takes the applause of the fans or when the team do the lap of honour with a trophy.Admittedly,every season they see a more than half empty stadium because so many leave early or just after the final whistle.I just thought it was more than obvious because of what I have experienced over the years.