Big call to make soon, our players and their loyalty

pcbear

With all the reports flying around that the players can walk if a newco is the way ahead, who do you reckon will stick around? i think Naismith and Ness should not even think about leaving given the time and money and effort put in by Rangers and the staff during many injuries, huge chunks of seasons lost at a time.

The ready made excuses are all there, newco, no Europe, uncertainty over the future etc etc, it will be interesting to see who has the club in their heart, i could not even begin to think of our line up at the start of next season.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll be seeing a fair few of them go. McGregor, Whittaker, Naismith, Davis, Lafferty and several others. I also think the transfer embargo will be lifted, or suspended, as we will need to replace players, although I would imagine the players brought in will be on a lot less money than the current big earners. I really do hope Neil Alexander is kept on. We need a solid keeper, and we cant afford to lose them both.

I've been spectacularly wrong in the past though.......

I think the overwhelming majority will stay.

However any that do choose to go, the message must be clear, don't even think about coming back, you will never be welcome here again in any capacity.

Really? Considering what these guys have already done for this club?

if they are offered close to the wage they were on before i think most will show loyalty.

the issue that brings up though is, we were making a loss before, so offering them the same wage could mean making a loss again.

if we ask guys like Whittaker, McGregor, Lafferty & Naisy to either carry on with a contract worth 25% of what they used to be on, i think they may well walk.

I'd be incredibly shocked if the likes of Goian stayed. To be totally honest, I'm probably in a minority but I'm not bothered if Davis goes as I genuinely feel we've played better in midfield with him out. Great player when he's in form but I think losing the likes of Naismith would be much more detrimental than losing Davis. I reckon Naisy, Shagger etc will go unfortunately.

Really? Considering what these guys have already done for this club?

Really.

They took a wage cut for a couple of months, but had clauses inserted that would benefit them financially to the detriment of the club. The value of the wage cuts is dwarfed by the slashing of their value.

Sorry but the club and the club alone are the most important thing.

Not abusing anyone yet, but those that choose to use this situation to benefit themselves to the detriment of the club will be utter cunts to me

I think the overwhelming majority will stay.

However any that do choose to go, the message must be clear, don't even think about coming back, you will never be welcome here again in any capacity.

these guys are heroes, what other modern day footballer gives up 75% of their wage to keep their clubs going when they could've "walked away".

the class of 2012 will go down in history for making a sacrifice for the greater good.

Really.

They took a wage cut for a couple of months, but had clauses inserted that would benefit them financially to the detriment of the club. The value of the wage cuts is dwarfed by the slashing of their value.

Sorry but the club and the club alone are the most important thing.

Not abusing anyone yet, but those that choose to use this situation to benefit themselves to the detriment of the club will be utter cunts to me

Of course the club is the most important thing!

However, these guys could easily have walked away at the time and there would be no club!

And your talk of them benefiting themselves is bollocks as well, I'm not sure what you do for a living but if a company came in and offered you double the salary would you say no? At the end of the day this is their career, which lasts a lot less than mine and yours so if these guys want to make the most while they can fair enough! They have done enough for my club for me to respect everyone of them!

I can see most of them leaving, it's just a question of will they leave for free or move over then get sold on.

From a players POV I can see why they'd go for free. A lot won't like it but it's in their contracts so they have every right to. They owe us fuck all.

If they go then they will go for money as I don't see any ending up at the bigger clubs in the EPL so playing in Europe wont be a consideration for most of them. If they go then the club will get some money but it will be interesting.

Aloko is the nearest talent since weiss - laudrup -cooper - henderson - johnston- henderson - waddell

our club by now must have produced some of the best EVER wingers to play at one club.

Back to the original post like ally said players can chase the money but sone aluko

can stay and make his price even bigger - he is a star but only in a rangers shirt

and that is the question our players need to ask themselves

no other team in the uk can fill the ground in our situation

and the options - the players stick with us for next season - or leave .

I think people also have to factor in Rangers' ability to pay the top guys ... clearly there isn't going to be any European money next season and the fact remains that the club, as things stood, had a £10 million hole in its budget. The simple truth is likely to be that Rangers won't be able to pay the guys what they're currently earning.