David Murray

You are the man any fans anger should be directed at. You have split our fans for decades and you have ran our club so poorly we are now at deaths door. You failed to stand up for us when we needed it, you left us hung out to dry, you let our enemies verbally knock fuck out of us. You loaned, you borrowed, you gambled. You sold our crown jewels and gambled with our future. You David Murray, are to blame for this whole sorry mess. David Murray, i fucking despise you.

Couldnt have said it better myself mate :clap:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do at least get facts straight before posting this kind of thing.

I never heralded Whyte, I and probably others gave him the benefit of the doubt for a while because until the Ticketus and PAYE revelations there was no solid evidence he'd done anything wrong by Rangers, like with Bill Miller i'm not the type to shout people down just because I haven't heard of them.

I blame David Murray because I blame David Murray and always have, i'd say it's delusional to think Whyte created this situation mainly on his own in 8 months when Murray was in charge for over 20 years. Whyte is Murray's dream as it goes, it has allowed so much of the flak to be taken by someone else.

all you murray haters make me laugh,

did you all hate him when we were winning all they trophies under him??? no,i'll bet you never

did you all hate him when he brought all those great players to our club?? no.i'll bet you never

did you all hate him when he underwrote the 50 million share issue??? no, i'll bet you never

It was murrays money that allowed us to do all that and it was only when the steel industry collapsed did our club start to suffer.

if it wasn't for that i think he would still be here now,and we'd still be champions.

the ebt thing was something that he took a chance on (after expert advice) and it looks like it has backfired,but even so we would still not be in administration

if he was still here.

he one thing that i would have a go at murray for is selling our great club to that utter wanker whyte,whyte came here and from the outset never paid a fucking bill,

sacked everybody that he knew would expose him for the cunt he is and has left our club in such a mess we will be lucky to escape.

yes we were in the shite with murray but he was controlling it,whilst whyte just didn't give a shite and was trying to rob what he could,i could go on but this is getting depressing.Rangers are in the shite because of one man fucking whyte.

did you all hate him when we were winning all they trophies under him??? no,i'll bet you never

did you all hate him when he brought all those great players to our club?? no.i'll bet you never

did you all hate him when he underwrote the 50 million share issue??? no, i'll bet you never

It was murrays money that allowed us to do all that and it was only when the steel industry collapsed did our club start to suffer.

if it wasn't for that i think he would still be here now,and we'd still be champions.

the ebt thing was something that he (after expert advice) and it looks like it has backfired,but even so we would still not be in administration

if he was still here.

he one thing that i would have a go at murray for is selling our great club to that utter wanker whyte,whyte came here and from the outset never paid a fucking bill,

sacked everybody that he knew would expose him for the cunt he is and has left our club in such a mess we will be lucky to escape.

yes we were in the shite with murray but he was controlling it,whilst whyte just didn't give a shite and was trying to rob what he could,i could go on but this is getting depressing.Rangers are in the shite because of one man fucking whyte.

To answer your questions.

I didn't know him then.

When did he become a scout?

He didn't personally and also it was his mess to fix.

Few points on your other statements -

It was not Murrays money which led to our success, it was the fans money and the rest was borrowed from banks.

Rangers future and security is not something you "take a chance on".

Administration was very close under Murray, twice in the last 10 years. In the last 4 years all it would have took was a title loss and guaranteed European qualification taken away from us for the meltdown to begin.

Whyte was just another mistake from a whole host of plenty.

Murray was not controlling it, the bank took control from him.

Your denial, i think, shows your age.

(tu)

do u no think thats harsh mate? He did give us 9 in a row, murray park and GAZZA! lol. i do think hes got to answer on the sale of the club. but the ebt thing i find hard to criticize, he gets advised on these things and murray says yes or no. there is 5000 companies who are to go to court over EBT's, so they were ll fooled as well

Quite the opposite mate. I thought i was being kind. (tu)

Look mate i hate the bastard, but we were nowhere near Administration last season and nor would we be right now if it wasnt for the shyster bastard.

The shyster bastard could only do that after murray had broken his promise to us and sold the Club to a shyster.

the ebt thing was something that he took a chance on (after expert advice) and it looks like it has backfired,but even so we would still not be in administration

if he was still here.

I didn't hate him then because I had no reason too, be betrayed the trust of so many fans.

A few titles does not in any way make up for what Murray has caused.

if he was still here.

I have been very vocal in my criticism of David Murray and his mismanagement of Rangers for at least 10 years now. David Murray is, and always has been, a chancer. I knew we were in the end-game when he went big into commercial property at the height of the boom.

As a Rangers shareholder, I have copies of all the annual reports for the last 15 years or so. Being one of those boring financial types, I actually read them. So here is a figure to put everything in perspective. Under David Murray, Rangers lost more than 130 million pounds in just a few years. That fundamentally is why we are in the shit now. We were a club with very solid finances and Murray blew it.

I have been very vocal in my criticism of David Murray and his mismanagement of Rangers for at least 10 years now. David Murray is, and always has been, a chancer. I knew we were in the end-game when he went big into commercial property at the height of the boom.

As a Rangers shareholder, I have copies of all the annual reports for the last 15 years or so. Being one of those boring financial types, I actually read them. So here is a figure to put everything in perspective. Under David Murray, Rangers lost more than 130 million pounds in just a few years. That fundamentally is why we are in the shit now. We were a club with very solid finances and Murray blew it.

(tu)

It wouldn't surprise me if Murray actually knew fine well what Whyte was like but let him take over since it would see so much attention taken away from him when things really got bad.

(tu)

It wouldn't surprise me if Murray actually knew fine well what Whyte was like but let him take over since it would see so much attention taken away from him when things really got bad.

Of course he did. Murray might be a chancer but he is far from stupid.

To answer your questions.

I didn't know him then.

When did he become a scout?

He didn't personally and also it was his mess to fix.

Few points on your other statements -

It was not Murrays money which led to our success, it was the fans money and the rest was borrowed from banks.

Rangers future and security is not something you "take a chance on".

Administration was very close under Murray, twice in the last 10 years. In the last 4 years all it would have took was a title loss and guaranteed European qualification taken away from us for the meltdown to begin.

Whyte was just another mistake from a whole host of plenty.

Murray was not controlling it, the bank took control from him.

Your denial, i think, shows your age.

(tu)

what age would that be?

if he was still here.

i couldnae agree more with u mate, canny beleive some o the stuff im reading. Murray spent 100million of his money, he did rack up 80 mill debt and 50 mill on 2 separate occasions, but paid it off himself. he left us 14mill in debt, which to rangers is nothing! the EBT cases are his fault and he did make a mistake, a mistake 5000 other british companies made. The fine could end up being 70mill and yes its gonna be sore, but think of what we acheived in that time, the players we had, a top 8 european club, 9 in a row, murray park,ect. I find it hard to absolutely impossible to destroy the man, i certanly dont think he meant it! If you didnt think at the time murray was running the club above its means at the time your stupid, you want a chairmen to be pumping money in to the team, and i dont remember seeing any anti murray fans during nine in a row, or against brugge in the champions league. what disturbs me most is the anti murray fans seem to be echoing what whyte is saying, isays t all!

(tu)

''all you murray haters make me laugh,

if he was still here.

yes we were in the shite with murray but he was controlling it,whilst whyte just didn't give a shite and was trying to rob what he could,i could go on but this is getting depressing.Rangers are in the shite because of one man fucking whyte''

Sorry guys I dunno how to use the 'highlight' thingy yet :(

anyway that last line... 'Rangers are in the shite because of one man fucking whyte''

Murray for years KEPT on saying the same thing Over and Over and Over ... I'll only ever sell The Rangers Football Club to the next person IF he can take the Club forward.

So,

WHO SOLD TO WHITE ?

im no saying he fucked up big time, but if we have tae pay oot70-80 mill it still doesnt add up tae the money he put in, add that on to the memories. all im saying is i wouldnae destroy the man, do u no think?

im no saying he fucked up big time, but if we have tae pay oot70-80 mill it still doesnt add up tae the money he put in, add that on to the memories. all im saying is i wouldnae destroy the man, do u no think?

But Murray did fuck up big time, more than once too. He did not put in much if any of his own money. The money you and the other guy think he put in was not his, it was our money, the fans money and the clubs money, not Murrays. I have no idea where that myth came from that he ploughed tens of millions in, it is simply not true.

The memories you speak of, 9IAR i guess, paid for itself and has nothing to do with whats going on now. We afforded that, what we couldn't afford was to finance Dick Advocaat and his players.

No one wants to see anyone destroyed but he must be brought to task and an acceptance and admittance that he got things so badly wrong at Rangers. His ego will never allow that though. He is getting off with absolute gross mismanagement scot-free and its not fair on our club or our fans. (tu)

As someone who read the financial statements it must be obvious to you that if Rangers lost £130m in a few short years but 12 months ago we had around £18m of debt someone must have put over £100m of funding into the club. That was Murray. At the point SDM sold to Whyte we were not in "the shit" but we had a manageable level of debt. We did have the tax case hanging over us but as yet that has yet to be proved to be a debt.

The one thing I critise him for is selling to Whyte, as I am sure he must have known he was bad news. Unfortunately an offer by someone to take the potential tax liability off him was too much of good deal so he took it. That coupled with the bank pushing for it as they were getting the loan paid of made him go back on his promise to only sell to someone who could move us forward.

The pleyers we had and the european nights were during 9IAR. We're no in admin cuase o anything murrays done, the EBT isnt decided yet so didny put us in admin, but it obviously affects the sale. you have tae remember the first sky deal goin tits up, then setanta, plus murray thought we would b in the EPL one day, then the recession hit his business i heard 500mill, so everything went aginst us, we had te downsize fae a top european team tae the shite we're in the noo

But Murray did fuck up big time, more than once too. He did not put in much if any of his own money. The money you and the other guy think he put in was not his, it was our money, the fans money and the clubs money, not Murrays. I have no idea where that myth came from that he ploughed tens of millions in, it is simply not true.

The memories you speak of, 9IAR i guess, paid for itself and has nothing to do with whats going on now. We afforded that, what we couldn't afford was to finance Dick Advocaat and his players.

No one wants to see anyone destroyed but he must be brought to task and an acceptance and admittance that he got things so badly wrong at Rangers. His ego will never allow that though. He is getting off with absolute gross mismanagement scot-free and its not fair on our club or our fans. (tu)