mccoist may be let go under new owner

Tomorrow's express....

DAVE BASSETT has told Ally McCoist to watch his back because new consortium head Charles Green won’t think twice about sacking him.

The former Sheffield United chief executive is leading a bid from a London-based group, who have now moved into pole position to buy Rangers.

Bassett was ruthlessly removed when Green was put in charge at Bramall Lane, and he knows McCoist could end up in a similar position.

“He is ruthless and he would have no concerns about sacking Ally McCoist if he had to,” said Bassett, who was forced out after eight years with the Blades.

“Green came in with the sole intention of getting rid of me.

“He was going to make changes. I had been there eight years and when a new owner comes in he normally doesn’t want the manager who is there.

“Any new owner wants to pick their own manager.

Green came in with the sole intention of getting rid of me

Dave Bassett

“It happens all the time, look at Sam Allardyce at Blackburn and Mark Hughes at Manchester City. I was well aware before it happened because I knew Adrian Heath was working for Howard Kendall and our games were being watched.

“I was a big boy and you know these things happen and I knew it was just a matter of time.”

Green was put in charge at United and was calling the shots for chairman Mike McDonald when they sacked Bassett and replaced him with Howard Kendall in 1995.

Bassett knows that with Green, reputations count for nothing and that will be a concern to Ibrox boss and legend McCoist.

Nah, everyone on here seems to be 100% sure that everything will be okay with these unknown bidders.

that's some stats there mate :dry::lol:

i take every bid/bidder with a pinch of salt now but considering the outfit that most wanted appointed only bid £2million upfront then we might just have to take a gamble (tu)

Tomorrow's express....

“Green came in with the sole intention of getting rid of me.

Bassett knows that with Green, reputations count for nothing and that will be a concern to Ibrox boss and legend McCoist.

Delusions of grandeur.

Dave Bassett 59 appearances 2 goals

Ally McCoist 707 appearances 405 goals

Ally McCoist 61 caps, 2 Golden Boots, 20 league and cup medals.

Think McCoist wins the reputation stakes and i Hardly think Green took over Sheffield with the sole intention of sacking the manager.

theres more but in fairness that's his one really relevant cv part.

and its not just their fans its everyone at the club.

Unpopular footballing decisions doesn't seem a big deal to me considering our situation, as long as he never made Sheffield Utd go bust i'm ok.

FFS the man hasn't even been declared PB yet let alone got the deal done so this is more than a bit previous. In addition Bassett wasn't a club legend in the way McCoist is, especially after the way Ally has handled things this season I think anyone would be wary of the backlash if they ditched McCoist immediately.

Though I am still far from convinced by ally I think he has more than earned another chance. I really want ally to be a success but there needs to be an improvement big time in certain areas, but I'm sure he is well aware of that.