Hutton

Gid

Another tremendous performance from Hutton yesterday. Solid at the back - was that kid-on Irish tit even playing? - and looked very dangerous when rampaging forward. He was also denied one of the goals of the season when his stunning volley beat Boruc but cannoned off Naylor.

You have to give him credit. He's been barracked by sections of the support in the past but the guy has obviously knuckled down and has been one of our most consistent performers for some months now.

Well done Alan - you're a credit to yourself and Walter Smith.

Is there a better Scottish right back just now? I don't think so.

Another tremendous performance from Hutton yesterday. Solid at the back - was that kid-on Irish tit even playing? - and looked very dangerous when rampaging forward. He was also denied one of the goals of the season when his stunning volley beat Boruc but cannoned off Naylor.

You have to give him credit. He's been barracked by sections of the support in the past but the guy has obviously knuckled down and has been one of our most consistent performers for some months now.

Well done Alan - you're a credit to yourself and Walter Smith.

Is there a better Scottish right back just now? I don't think so.

Here here

Can't argue with the above - has pulled his socks up 2nd half of the season, shown some of his pre leg break promise (although still drifts inside a little) - I think playing with Weir has benefited him imensley

I think Hutton is proving he's head and shoulders above Alexander and Smeltics Mark Wilson for the Scotland spot. He was found out in maybe 1 or 2 games in Europe last season when he couldn't get back quick enough after attacking runs but I believe he's learned from those mistakes and is looking more the international player with every game.

Well done wee man. Should have got player of the month again ahead of Lemmon the sympathy vote or the racist accuser that is Kingston of fearts.

All hail wee jenson button.

Was arguing with a Tic fan in work yesterday who said he 'wasn't Scotland class'.

We just had a quiet wee talk until we both agreed that I was right, and they were indeed talking shite.

Fair play 2 him he has bn excellent in the later part of the season but his real test is next season when the pressure is really on!!! Possibly deserves a call up and will get it altho I think it may be a little premature!!!

Fair play 2 him he has bn excellent in the later part of the season but his real test is next season when the pressure is really on!!! Possibly deserves a call up and will get it altho I think it may be a little premature!!!

If you're good enough, you're old enough.

And he's certainly better than Graham Alexander.

If you're good enough, you're old enough.

And he's certainly better than Graham Alexander.

Nout to do wae age m8!!! Heez only just started performing at a btr level but thr are guys ahead of him who havnae put a foot wrong 4 Scotland!!! He shud make the squad but whether he wud play is debatable?

Nout to do wae age m8!!! Heez only just started performing at a btr level but thr are guys ahead of him who havnae put a foot wrong 4 Scotland!!! He shud make the squad but whether he wud play is debatable?

I beg to differ mate - AH brings us a more attacking option from full back than any current Scot squad members, and he also has a final ball/finish.

Would walk into my Scot first XI on present form

That's a very naive point of view though.

If you want Scotland to progress, you need to be ruthless. Just because they haven't put a foot wrong for Scotland doesn't mean they can't be replaced with better, on form players.

That's a very naive point of view though.

If you want Scotland to progress, you need to be ruthless. Just because they haven't put a foot wrong for Scotland doesn't mean they can't be replaced with better, on form players.

Some say Ferguson hasnt performed for Scotland and you can count the number of good games he has hand on 1 hand.

But, Ferguson will never ever be replaced, Some players are automatic picks for their Country, You cant change that.

Flecther and Gordon are another two players that when fit, will play.

What confuses me about any discussions about Hutton is that people say he's done well lately or done well under Smith or can he keep up his recent form...

Let's get it right. Hutton has been doing very well since late October. Yes, his form since around late January has been especially good but this season generally he's been one of our best players. Certainly no less consistent than Hemdani or Ferguson.

Not only had he knuckled down on his actual game, his fitness is superb and his discipline has improved by a few factors of ten - whilst at the same time retaining the necessary aggression and determination to supplement his game.

Considering the fact so many fans seem to revel in criticising him and his positive reaction towards that, in actual fact, he's my own player of the year.

We have the Austria game coming up, hopefully the likes of Macgregor, Hutton, Russell Anderson etc will get the nod over the usual 30 somethings that we already know about.

Guest orangpendek

anyone reckon it's no coincidence AH has looked better without Burke making the wrong runs at the wrong time outside him? i reckon he was carrying burke to a degree and it was hampering his own game, a bit much to ask a very inexperienced player.

Hutton has been tremendous lately and I was never a big fan of his. He seems to have found discipline and looks much fitter.

If he keeps up his current form he is a lock for a Scotland cap soon. Deservedly so IMO.

Some say Ferguson hasnt performed for Scotland and you can count the number of good games he has hand on 1 hand.

But, Ferguson will never ever be replaced, Some players are automatic picks for their Country, You cant change that.

Flecther and Gordon are another two players that when fit, will play.

That's because Ferguson, Fletcher (debatedly) and Gordon can win you a game even when they're not playing well.

We've hardly got pools of quality at right back in the Scotland squad.

Hutton deserves a call up to the national squad as i can think of no right back who has had a better 3-4 motnhs.

at the end of the day - that is all that matters (tu)

We have the Austria game coming up, hopefully the likes of Macgregor, Hutton, Russell Anderson etc will get the nod over the usual 30 somethings that we already know about.

(tu) that is a good point + the other game is the Faroes so maybe wouldnt be a bad thing!!!