Rangers will never be in debt again

When you have serious spondulicks behind you it is a statement that is easy to make

These boys want a profit in 5yrs time.

They need to clear the debts for that to happen so it is a logical statement really.

Invest 30m. Sell for 60m further down the line.

Everyone takes a wee 6m profit away. Easy money really.

When did he say that? Not at the press conference. He did say the club will never be in this situation again of not filing accounts or fulfilling statutory obligations?

Any successful business has debt, unsuccessful ones just have too much of it.

That's true, unless you're Arnold Clark!. You're right though, it's not debt that has necessarily been the bad thing.

When did he say that? Not at the press conference. He did say the club will never be in this situation again of not filing accounts or fulfilling statutory obligations?

Any successful business has debt, unsuccessful ones just have too much of it.

He just gave an iterview on radio Scotland.

Sounded very upbeat,bags of praise for Ally :praise: said all the right things.

Theres fans out there thinking we gonnae start splashing the cash on players etc I just hope that when all is said and done these folks don't start turnming against the owners when the players start getting sold, contracts renegotiated etc living within our means is just that, currently we spend more than we earn so something has to give and that somethign will be the first team squad, i expect to see most if not all or our big earners leave with some cheaper replacments coming in but a substantial change in the way things are done at murray park, I'm in for the long haul and well prepared for the days of mediocrity heading our way, couple seasons worth at least but main thing is we still have a club we still have a team to support couldnt give a fuck if were in d3 we still exist so I'm happy.

Theres fans out there thinking we gonnae start splashing the cash on players etc I just hope that when all is said and done these folks don't start turnming against the owners when the players start getting sold, contracts renegotiated etc living within our means is just that, currently we spend more than we earn so something has to give and that somethign will be the first team squad, i expect to see most if not all or our big earners leave with some cheaper replacments coming in but a substantial change in the way things are done at murray park, I'm in for the long haul and well prepared for the days of mediocrity heading our way, couple seasons worth at least but main thing is we still have a club we still have a team to support couldnt give a fuck if were in d3 we still exist so I'm happy.

(tu):21:

Agreed, although they do say that if they can justify going for X number of Players to get into CL then they will do it. Although if they do that and fail the numbers will be cut as quickly.

One thing to come out of all this mess is that we must never, ever go back to the days of mountains of debt and mismanagement. It very nearly bought about our downfall. "Fool me once, shame on you..." and all that