ST prices next season.

It'd be interesting to know the attritional losses in the past three seasons.

My understanding is that renewals have been down year on year for some time.

I believe ST renewals have been on the decline in recent years. Obviously cost will be a major factor in this, but there are other reasons. Age, death, work patterns, life changing events such as career, family, marriage etc. The days are long gone when people were born and raised, got a job, got a wife, and had there family , then spent their life in the same area. There's also very few jobs where you work 8 till 5 Monday to Friday. These are all contributing factors, not only to the decline in football crowds, but in nearly every other "weekend" pastime.

Eg I missed a good few games last season due to a change in job, and I'll be the same next season. I'll still buy my ST though as it gives me the luxury of jumping in the car and going to the games I can attend. If my financial situation was different, theres no way I'd buy a ST under these circumstances though.

Cost isn't the only contributing factor when buying a ST. There are many, and its difficult for clubs to "get it right" in todays climate.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much does your season ticket work out at per game?

Some people may struggle to buy at current prices. Non-renewal does not automatically make someone a "glory hunter".

Given the product on the park I really think the support pay too much as it is.

Mine works out at £23 a game..

And this isn't about the product on the park anymore. This is about a hike in prices to balance the books at our club.

I did not have a ST last year as I was working all over the place. Although i did make 11 games, and took my son along to a few (none OF) which is practically the price of a ST.

I will get one this year, or at least I hope I have trouble getting one, that will mean a lot of people will realise that if the renewals go out, then we will have a club to support and we will over subscribe.

And this isn't about the product on the park anymore. This is about a hike in prices to balance the books at our club.

I think mine is about £29 per game. Will have to check. I think that's quite a lot for a brand of football that's at least twenty years out of date.

In order to balance the books it'd take some hike in prices. More realistically the books will be balanced by playing staff cuts. We shouldn't be paying more in wages than they do in countries like Holland and Portugal.

1337033509' post='1060042332']

Going on there being 23 homes games last season, taken from rangers website then my ST worked out at £43 a game.

the club freeze ticket prices for 3 years.are on the verge of extinction and some people(i won't call them fans moan about an increase)fuckin unbelievable.they should be queuing the length of paisley road west to get a ticket after what we've went through. support your club ffs

the club freeze ticket prices for 3 years.are on the verge of extinction and some people(i won't call them fans moan about an increase)fuckin unbelievable.they should be queuing the length of paisley road west to get a ticket after what we've went through. support your club ffs

I don't think the people, many of whom have been buying season tickets for twenty years plus, can be accused of not supporting our Club.

To be fair with mines sitting at £433 for the Main Stand I can't complain much, if it goes up to say £450 I'd be fine with that...would still be getting great value at that price and if it helps the club, fair enough (tu)

I don't think the people, many of whom have been buying season tickets for twenty years plus, can be accused of not supporting our Club.

Indeed. I'm sure there are a good few, after hearing the extent of Murrays shenanigans, don't feel they can trust anyone else with their money again. I know someone who will never put another penny into the club due to whats happened. And he's put a helluva lot in over the years.

loads of factors at play.

know a couple that won't support a newco.

a couple that won't go if whyte has any involvement.

most are the usual mix of depends on who stays/is bought and I'm going no matter what.

so, in the clubs hour of need .its biggest crisis in history,"fans" are only renewing subject to conditions a,b,c,d,etc etc.ok it's a free world, but don't ever call themselves rangers supporters.they will be the same people who will be on here moaning why we can't find 10grand to sign forfars centre half.

so, in the clubs hour of need .its biggest crisis in history,"fans" are only renewing subject to conditions a,b,c,d,etc etc.ok it's a free world, but don't ever call themselves rangers supporters.they will be the same people who will be on here moaning why we can't find 10grand to sign forfars centre half.

I totally agree my friend. There are some people who make you despair. How can we expect to keep the better players if we don't generate enough income? I will be renewing 3 STs for my wife, daughter and myself. There simply has to be an increase.

Step up and pay.