We have a 'war chest' again..

Oh, fuck off with this 'war chest' patter.

I'll happily live to my last breath if I never get to hear that phrase or the (even worse) 'quantum' patter invloved in a conversation about football ever again.

The base stupidity of it makes me cringe.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We shouldn't be spending vast amounts of money.

If we sell Davis, Shagger and a few others then spend that money on players then that would be fine.

This is what got us here in the first place, Murray gave Walter a 'war chest' to bring in guys like Edu, Lafferty, ect. IF the embargo get's lifted (not confident it will) then bosmans and bargains should be the food of choice.

No one should lap this story up though as it's clearly media rubbish.

IF the embargo get's lifted (not confident it will) then bosmans and bargains should be the food of choice.

Not sure about the bosman part. You usually end up paying over the odds in wages.

Charles has brought significant funds to the table because we know we need hundreds of millions to be successful at this level

That's not the smartest statement ave ever seen... Il be dancing in the street and swinging from the lamp posts if we do have uber cash, don't get wrong, but talk like this will send our enemies into overdrive and we're still very much wounded and vulnerable atm... Not wise imo.

Not sure about the bosman part. You usually end up paying over the odds in wages.

Not if it's done correctly.

We only paid over the odds in past years as we were fighting top clubs to get the likes of Prso and Boumsong.

Look at free players like Aluko or even Ceptics signings which were not over the odds in wage terms.

Not if it's done correctly.

We only paid over the odds in past years as we were fighting top clubs to get the likes of Prso and Boumsong.

Look at free players like Aluko or even Ceptics signings which were not over the odds in wage terms.

It's possible but I don't expect this market to be particularly fruitful.

Lukaku on loan anyone? :craphead:

Obviously he would be out of reach but what age is he and that McChecran (sp) there is very good 18 and under players out there who would maybe be intersted in joining us on loan for a year as I doubt well be spending big money.

If the embargo gets lifted I would love us to go for Paul Dixon and players like that who are free would I imagine be cheap in terms of wages plus would be able to sell him for decent money in the future to.

Wee bit of fantasy here! Hypothetical question? If we did have the money to keep the current squad, a good scouting system was set up and we had 10m to spend. Who would you try and sign?

Rudi Skacel, Ricardo Fuller, James Perch, and Johnny Russell.

Broadfoot must go!

We will keep him mainly because how versatile he is would mean we need to sign about four players to provide as much cover as he himself does.

I agree he isn't brilliant but defensively he's sound and is a centre back normally before he joined us anyway.

Obviously he would be out of reach but what age is he and that McChecran (sp) there is very good 18 and under players out there who would maybe be intersted in joining us on loan for a year as I doubt well be spending big money.

If the embargo gets lifted I would love us to go for Paul Dixon and players like that who are free would I imagine be cheap in terms of wages plus would be able to sell him for decent money in the future to.

Don't know his age just know he's young, Belgian, class, the next Drogba and he wants to go on loan next year from Chelski for first team football. Even if it was possible i don't think he'd come here anyway, not without champions league football.

The managers never listen to me anyway otherwise we would have signed Belhadj as our left back years ago :lol:

Just cos his name is a colour doesn't mean he's a lying torag like Whyte.

We've been stung once,i can't see it happening again.D&P must know and should have spoken to the whole consortium and trusted them enough to sell them the club.People should stop being so untrustworthy and maybe give the guy a break until he proves otherwise.

Don't know his age just know he's young, Belgian, class, the next Drogba and he wants to go on loan next year from Chelski for first team football. Even if it was possible i don't think he'd come here anyway, not without champions league football.

The managers never listen to me anyway otherwise we would have signed Belhadj as our left back years ago :lol:

He would need to be 18 or under though and something tells me he's older haven't seen all that much of him but the hype surrounding him has him as a cracking player.