Why we should NOT boycott games

Rangers have had their problems over the years for certain, and we have caused financial problems for some teams and many small businesses, small businesses who could easily go to the wall for the want of a few hundred quid. We owe many smaller clubs and businesses and fans from across Scotland the chance to play with integrity and sporting fair play. If anybody wishes to stay away in the hope that it 'hurts' some auld fart in Dundee or sends a signal to some suits at Hampden Park then I only have this to say, these suits could not care less about the state and condition of Scottish Football and your 'gesture' will only hurt yourself and those who want Scottish Football to survive and flourish. Our team will only be great again in a healthy and competitive league. Share the wealth and it will come back to you.

To those Rangers who actually paid off some of the lesser debts to small businesses across the country I am very very proud of you all. This is the kind of news story our press should be running not boycotts.

We are Rangers, we welcome the chase, so let's just get on with it. Get behind Charles Green for now. Get behind McCoist and the players. The first signal I'll be looking for is securing Sone Aluko.

I wish both Hearts and Hibs supporters a good day in their final, hope it is a good game of football with plenty goals.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree. Boycotting LOLberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hibs and St Mirren are an absolute must this season. Celtic too, but I won't blame anyone who goes to that one.

their is some truth in this.

if we don't pay our football debt we have essentially conned hearts out of a player.

we have done wrong. well whyte has via us but that may be a technicality.

its a bloody horrible mess with many victims.

though changing the rules just to hurt us would stink and deserve reprisals.

Rangers have had their problems over the years for certain, and we have caused financial problems for some teams and many small businesses, small businesses who could easily go to the wall for the want of a few hundred quid. We owe many smaller clubs and businesses and fans from across Scotland the chance to play with integrity and sporting fair play. If anybody wishes to stay away in the hope that it 'hurts' some auld fart in Dundee or sends a signal to some suits at Hampden Park then I only have this to say, these suits could not care less about the state and condition of Scottish Football and your 'gesture' will only hurt yourself and those who want Scottish Football to survive and flourish. Our team will only be great again in a healthy and competitive league. Share the wealth and it will come back to you.

To those Rangers who actually paid off some of the lesser debts to small businesses across the country I am very very proud of you all. This is the kind of news story our press should be running not boycotts.

We are Rangers, we welcome the chase, so let's just get on with it. Get behind Charles Green for now. Get behind McCoist and the players. The first signal I'll be looking for is securing Sone Aluko.

I wish both Hearts and Hibs supporters a good day in their final, hope it is a good game of football with plenty goals.

By way of background, would you let us know how many away games you went to this season?

Very nice sentiment but unfortunately its a little bit deeper than that, Rangers are under a sustained attack from the football authorities and indeed Lieswell at Septic park, there has been a slow drip over the years of our club and supporters being made to be the bad guys of Scottish football, the press have not helped and the Catholic run Mhedia have put the boot in at every opportunity, from singing songs to every little nit pick of disorder they can dredge up until they took the opportunity to kick us while we were down and almost buried our club, this is what the boycotts are about, regaining some pride and passion and standing up for not only our club but our selves and our fellow Rangers supporters, dont be fooled that now we have a new owner that the filth will stop, it is an ongoing sustained attack that only we the fans have the power to stop and that means hitting those that hit us, boycott is the non violent answer to regaining what we should never have lost in the first place, its time to fight back before there is nothing left to fight for.

Boycotting football teams next season has got nothing to do paying back small businesses we owe a debt to. Yes we do owe hearts money but then again we are also owed money from other clubs. Have they went owe wait rangers are in trouble we better pay all the money up front.

I agree with poster, lets stop kidding ourselves and get on with football. P.s although we have cheated clubs of money and failed to pay bills we have given to charities in the past but you never hear the critics talk about that. People forget that it wasn't the tans who made the mess it was the people in charge.

Bob

I see where your coming from but its hard to consider lining the pockets of those who were and still are happy to have a kick.

Most of these clubs would not exist if it were not for Rangers and their fans,(well not in there current state).

From the 30 million we have given them in transfer fees (over 15 years) to the days where they would take half our gate money and return half the money from their own home paltry attendance.

Throw in the fact that even at the moment we fill their grounds and Sunday was a prime example St J had the chance of Euro football yet less than 2000 turn up.

So you see its left to Rangers fans to generate the crowd that pay the wages of the ST J players pick any SPL team and the scenario is the same.

Consider the money we generate in the towns where these clubs play.

Lets not kid ourselves about this WE the Rangers support fund the game in this country and have done for the best part of 140 years.

For this you might just expect a little respect or at the very least some support and understanding.

But then you have seen how these opportunists react when we are weakened.

I say this while being aware that our current plight has little or nothing to do with them and is to a large degree of our own making.That however does not give the parasites that have fed from us for over a century the right to stand in mock outrage and judge us.

For me and away game ban is pretty much our most effective way to show we will not be dictated too, judged, tried and sentenced by the small time,and small minded people who pollute football in this country. They want to continue getting all the perks we bring while stabbing us in the back and that for me is not on.

Just my opinion mind,,,,, I could be talking pish !!!! but dont think so.

If they Punish us more would that not affect more people than our situation affected ?

Balanced, and Fair just as Ally said ,they are out to Hammer us, and its over the top.

So far we have been Punished for going into Administration ,and had a Fine with a Transfer Embargo, and they are lining up more .

So would you say they have been Fair meeting out the Punishment under the circumstances ? The SFA issued the Paper about the charges, and there where multitudes of Contradictory statements in it where they should have stepped in sooner .

We are also suffering of the actions of a man who came in, and carried out the Actions without anybody else Knowing what was happening ,yet they blame them Corporately.

Also would you not say this kind of thing is Happening on a Daily basis, with other companies such as Woolworths, and the like there are Hundreds of Companies going in to Liquidation and winding up on a Daily basis, and people suffering because of it.

You have to balance any Penalties against a business continuing ,and even more people suffering.

They have to be careful ,so far they havent.

Enough is enough.As stated above they are lining up, and have Suckled of us for over one Hundred Years.

The OP is entirely correct, we should not be boycotting anywhere.

Firstly why did you quote my post? It was clearly asking a question which you have not answered.

Secondly it not for you or him to tell me what I do with my money. Your opinion on what 'we' should or should not be doing is of no interest to me.

Very nice sentiment but unfortunately its a little bit deeper than that, Rangers are under a sustained attack from the football authorities and indeed Lieswell at Septic park, there has been a slow drip over the years of our club and supporters being made to be the bad guys of Scottish football, the press have not helped and the Catholic run Mhedia have put the boot in at every opportunity, from singing songs to every little nit pick of disorder they can dredge up until they took the opportunity to kick us while we were down and almost buried our club, this is what the boycotts are about, regaining some pride and passion and standing up for not only our club but our selves and our fellow Rangers supporters, dont be fooled that now we have a new owner that the filth will stop, it is an ongoing sustained attack that only we the fans have the power to stop and that means hitting those that hit us, boycott is the non violent answer to regaining what we should never have lost in the first place, its time to fight back before there is nothing left to fight for.

You sir, have been repped! Well fucking said man.

I'm sick to my back teeth watching a bunch of cunts take pot shots at our club, heritage and traditions just because their diddyteam status causes them to suffer a inferiority complex of epic proportions.. Instead of getting all jealous and wound up over our awesomeness and using every trick in the book to kill us and thus somehow knock us down a peg or 2 you'd think they'd be busy building up their own club and supporting their own team.. Just proves the point that these cretins are Rangers haters 1st and football fans 2nd..

W.A.T.P.

New born baby Manticore so only managed four games this season plus Malmo at Ibrox and I am well aware that we will all each make our own decisions. Everyone can do whatever they like with their hard earned money but Rangers used to stand for integrity and decency. Let the others do what they do, child abuse, supporting of terrorism etc, we are meant to be a business and businesses do not choose who and what and where they do business with.

Put another way, add up all the money Rangers have received from every other team we have played against over the last fifty years and that is a pretty penny, think of the money we still owe Rapid Vienna, think of those teams who took points off our rivals to keep us in touch over the seasons. We need other teams to play against.

Do what you want but keep Rangers, and the reputation of Rangers, as your first priority.

New born baby Manticore so only managed four games this season plus Malmo at Ibrox and I am well aware that we will all each make our own decisions. Everyone can do whatever they like with their hard earned money but Rangers used to stand for integrity and decency. Let the others do what they do, child abuse, supporting of terrorism etc, we are meant to be a business and businesses do not choose who and what and where they do business with.

Put another way, add up all the money Rangers have received from every other team we have played against over the last fifty years and that is a pretty penny, think of the money we still owe Rapid Vienna, think of those teams who took points off our rivals to keep us in touch over the seasons.

Do what you want but keep Rangers, and the reputation of Rangers, as your first priority.

Look I'm not having a go but I've had it up to here (:)) with people saying I should be doing something they won't be doing themselves.

I can't agree with you that 'businesses do not choose who and what and where they do business with', although I'm not sure if it is relevant.

My boycott is personal, I am not doing it as part of a group, but I am sick of putting money in the pockets of people who hate Rangers and I won't be doing it as readily as I have over the decades.

It's difficult to find the words to express my complete disagreement with the OP.

For many months - years in some cases - many of the SPL clubs have been lining up to not so much have a wee fly kick at us, but to knife us when we are at our weakest.

One cowardly director - who refused to be named - had this to say in April:

"Of course as clubs we don't agree on everything, but we are much more together than some people would have you believe," added the chairman, who does not want to be named.

We won't be driven apart on this. We are determined to stick together.

No one knows where Rangers will end up from their current situation. This is our opportunity to change things once and for all.

Given Rangers' current state it is a disgrace that their administrator can even have a vote on such matters."

Yes. They don't even want us to have a voice as they plan to strip The Rangers of the ability to compete, but retain us so the precious TV and sponsorship deals are maintained.

In what other walk of life would you willingly and knowingly offer financial support to an enemy motivated to harm you with the very monies you provide?

their is some truth in this.

if we don't pay our football debt we have essentially conned hearts out of a player.

we have done wrong. well whyte has via us but that may be a technicality.

its a bloody horrible mess with many victims.

though changing the rules just to hurt us would stink and deserve reprisals.

Well not really we have been mugged by whyte and now we are to be punished for being mugged by whyte