Who else is against a move to England?

I personally don't see any good coming from moving down south.

We would be absolutely detested were ever we went and would never be accepted. You think we are discriminated against up here? the media and police would hound us 24/7 in England.

And the truth of the matter is our current team isn't good enough to compete in any division down south. people can argue that our huge fanbase and the extra money would sky rocket us into the premiership. But in all honesty you're looking at a time frame of 20+ year's. And that's ignoring the possibility of being relegated at any point or failed play off attempts.

I mean we could end up stuck in the championship for 10 years as a mid table team. And if the miracle happened and we made it to the promise land. Can any of you realistically see us lifting the trophy? Or better still qualifying for Europe?

We are respected world wide as the number 1 team in Scotland and for our achievements in Europe. I think it would be ridiculous to throw all that away to chase an impossible dream in England.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Id love us to be in the championship or their premier league. We would compete cos we would have lots more money and down there coming in 3 rd or 4th is still an achievement. Plus with the better football we would be better prepared for Europe. But it's all pipe dreams cos we won't be going.

I know with all the shit going on with the sfa/spl just now most people will not agree but I would like to see us staying and improving the scottish leagues. I know they have all fucked us over but that will make it even sweeter when we start lifting trophys again and hopefully we can do that in a stronger more exciting league. It is utter gash at the minute though, terrible terrible product.

I know with all the shit going on with the sfa/spl just now most people will not agree but I would like to see us staying and improving the scottish leagues. I know they have all fucked us over but that will make it even sweeter when we start lifting trophys again and hopefully we can do that in a stronger more exciting league. It is utter gash at the minute though, terrible terrible product.

Well said (tu)

I might be in the minority here but I quite like the idea of playing in a competative leauge that we dont win or come second evey year, dont get me wrong I love us winning the leauge and trophys but in a more competative leauge I think it would be more exciting trying to win promotion, qualify for europe etc and we would have the true fans following us and not some of the muppet glory hunters that have been saying to me that they will stop supporting us if we get relegated.

We would be absolutely detested were ever we went and would never be accepted. You think we are discriminated against up here? the media and police would hound us 24/7 in England.

why is that? we have plenty fo english fans. They goign to be offended by our sea of union jacks? Not like we boo british soldiers now is it?

And the truth of the matter is our current team isn't good enough to compete in any division down south.

are you stupid? i dont even fuckin know where to start with this.

1. we have international players with champions league experience. Our captain is a 30k a week player we signed from a Premier league team. Not so long ago we humped Lyon 3-0 away, drew with barca, drew at old trafford. We reached a european fuckin final. But i suppose we'd get thumped by fuckin Port Vale & Rushden and dimaonds?

2. We wouldnt have the same players anyway. We'd build a new squad for each division. Now tell me, who will atrract the best players in League 2? A team that averages 6k per game or an internationally supported club brining 40k+ a game?

people can argue that our huge fanbase and the extra money would sky rocket us into the premiership. But in all honesty you're looking at a time frame of 20+ year's.

we'd be playing in the championship within at the very most 5. The championship is a much betetr league than we're currently in.

I mean we could end up stuck in the championship for 10 years as a mid table team. And if the miracle happened and we made it to the promise land. Can any of you realistically see us lifting the trophy? Or better still qualifying for Europe?

the fans would be getting a better product even if we did stay in the championship for any great length of time, the quality of football would be far greater. We're on a par with Newcastle in terms of club size, perhaps even bigger... look how they faired in the championship.

Moving to England won't happen, investors in the current consortium wouldnt agree to it imo, you couldnt put together any sort of business plan for such a move imo - but your post is unbelievably negative and unrealstic if it were to happen.

why is that? we have plenty fo english fans. They goign to be offended by our sea of union jacks? Not like we boo british soldiers now is it?

are you stupid? i dont even fuckin know where to start with this.

1. we have international players with champions league experience. Our captain is a 30k a week player we signed from a Premier league team. Not so long ago we humped Lyon 3-0 away, drew with barca, drew at old trafford. We reached a european fuckin final. But i suppose we'd get thumped by fuckin Port Vale & Rushden and dimaonds?

2. We wouldnt have the same players anyway. We'd build a new squad for each division. Now tell me, who will atrract the best players in League 2? A team that averages 6k per game or an internationally supported club brining 40k+ a game?

we'd be playing in the championship within at the very most 5. The championship is a much betetr league than we're currently in.

the fans would be getting a better product even if we did stay in the championship for any great length of time, the quality of football would be far greater. We're on a par with Newcastle in terms of club size, perhaps even bigger... look how they faired in the championship.

Moving to England won't happen, investors in the current consortium wouldnt agree to it imo, you couldnt put together any sort of business plan for such a move imo - but your post is unbelievably negative and unrealstic if it were to happen.

We are respected world wide as the number 1 team in Scotland and for our achievements in Europe. I think it would be ridiculous to throw all that away to chase an impossible dream in England.

You raised some good points, but to say our current squad could compete in England is ridiculous.

And as for you're point on the English would love us because we fly union flags etc... I lived in England for years and the majority don't give a shit about the Union. And view us as fascists. Whereas they view Celtic as piece loving Guinness drinkers.

Also at most premier league games I watch there are Irish tricolours flying in some area of the stadium.

I'd prefer for us to stay in Scotland even though I'm based down in England, I like the idea of Rangers in the Premiership and seeing what we could achieve but we're a Scottish team with a proud 140 year history in Scotland at the end of the day and thats where I think we should remain. The SFA and the other clubs are trying everything to do us over at the moment but it only makes me want to come back stronger. A good fans boycott will make them realise just how much were needed WATP

You raised some good points, but to say our current squad could compete in England is ridiculous.

And as for you're point on the English would love us because we fly union flags etc... I lived in England for years and the majority don't give a shit about the Union. And view us as fascists. Whereas they view Celtic as piece loving Guinness drinkers.

Also at most premier league games I watch there are Irish tricolours flying in some area of the stadium.

Were the people flying these rebel flags singing IRA songs?

Were the people flying these rebel flags regaling in acts of terrorism committed against the very fans they sat among?

Were the people flying these rebel flags boo'ing our troops and service people?

Mate, theres a HUGE difference between the few fans flying the flag of Eire in England and the plastic paddy's we have up here. I mean you no offence pal but i think your a slightly confused.

I personally don't see any good coming from moving down south.

And the truth of the matter is our current team isn't good enough to compete in any division down south. people can argue that our huge fanbase and the extra money would sky rocket us into the premiership. But in all honesty you're looking at a time frame of 20+ year's. And that's ignoring the possibility of being relegated at any point or failed play off attempts.

Stinking the place out what is with them today.

Were the people flying these rebel flags singing IRA songs?

Were the people flying these rebel flags regaling in acts of terrorism committed against the very fans they sat among?

Were the people flying these rebel flags boo'ing our troops and service people?

Mate, theres a HUGE difference between the few fans flying the flag of Eire in England and the plastic paddy's we have up here. I mean you no offence pal but i think your a slightly confused.

Fair enough I'll agree with that but you still don't see many Union Jacks do you?

The fact of the matter is outside Ulstter and Scotland no one gives a shit, or knows anything about the troubles or the rivalry. And they don't want us!

I'm well aware it will never happen, but I really wish people would stop going on about moving to England. It's a bad move and regardless of what's going on up here with the SFA/SPL etc...

It's a defeatist attitude to just say oh fuck it let's go play down the road, id rather stay where we are and start lifting titles again and sticking it to these bastards!!!

Fair enough I'll agree with that but you still don't see many Union Jacks do you?

That's why we're the Quintessential British club ;)

And for the record, i also lived in England (4 years in Oxfordshire while i was serving) and i have to say that's not exactly how i seen it...

The Union Flag started to disappear at English football games when it become associated with certain right wing political parties...

I don't think so ... both are viewed as good value for testimonials.

never wanted it for a second. I grew up supporting not just rangers, but scottish football. I like to see other teams do well in Europe, (except them) like, tin hat on, aberdeen giving Bayern a good run for their money, and am looking forward to the Scottish cup final this weekend. Fuck, I even watched Dumbarton vs Ayr in the play-off final, over two legs?? I dont get that.

I don't think so ... both are viewed as good value for testimonials.

type in ''old firm game, random english teams name (even chelsea) forum'' into google and you'll see how much we're liked. Trust me, we're hated down there by a massive majority. It's only the old Chelsea supporters that understand the link between our clubs as well, like the ones who went to games in the 70's. Most chelsea fans under the age of 30 dont give a flying fuck about us.

never wanted it for a second. I grew up supporting not just rangers, but scottish football. I like to see other teams do well in Europe, (except them) like, tin hat on, aberdeen giving Bayern a good run for their money, and am looking forward to the Scottish cup final this weekend. Fuck, I even watched Dumbarton vs Ayr in the play-off final, over two legs?? I dont get that.

Same mate, I love seeing Scottish teams do well and can't wait for the cup final... It's a breath of fresh air. It'll be great to see how an Edinburgh cup final compares to a Glasgow one.

It has to be said though after everything that's went on, I can't support the national team for a long time as much as it feels wrong...