Transfers

Perhaps he's thinking about moving an established player on?

Thing is though, most of the established midfielders are German youth products. Scweinsteiger, Kroos and Muller and there would be uproar if one of those left, Gotze is a young German too and just signed and Martinez is the record signing and recently signed too. Gustavo is the only realistic one.

There's been talk though of Martinez playing as a CB, but after the last seasons performances and him coming to Bayern because he was told he would play as a midfielder that would be unfair.

But Wigan beat Everton 3-0 at Goodison, and Bayern destroyed Barca...

Surely the bayern fans would want better than signing players from a team they were able to decimate?

:wink:

A bench warmer at that team as well! :pipe:

Tom Huddlestone is utter gash, excellent business by AVB.

As for Bayern, if they sign Thiago he won't be a starter week in week out, but I could see Bayern setting up like this in the coming season;

Neuer

Lahm Dante Martinez Alaba

Schweinsteiger Thiago Kroos

Muller Gotze Ribery

The only person missing out is Robben mainly because he's not the type of player Pep likes.

He has a decent range of passing but he moves like a fucking oil tanker Far too slow for he type of football that AVB plays.

Southampton agree to terminate ex-England Under 21 midfielder Richard Chaplow's contract by mutual consent. The midfielder, 28, spent the latter part of last season on loan at Championship side Millwall.

The Saints also allow Norwegian defender Vegard Forren, 25, to rejoin former side Molde FK - after he failed to make a single appearance following his move to England in January.

Without doubt, it's also a sad sign that average players like Wanyama are getting sold for a massive fee on the performance of one game against Barcelona!

I remember World Soccer had a piece about him in their rising stars section a few months ago and they basically hinted at agreeing with lennon when he said he wouldn't sell him for less than 25 million :anguish:

I think players who play like Wanyama are ten a penny across Europe and I cannot believe they have managed to get so much for him.

I remember World Soccer had a piece about him in their rising stars section a few months ago and they basically hinted at agreeing with lennon when he said he wouldn't sell him for less than 25 million :anguish:

I think players who play like Wanyama are ten a penny across Europe and I cannot believe they have managed to get so much for him.

He was in a special feature in the Champions league final match programme of the best young standout players. About 4 players featured, one was Isco, one Wanyama :anguish:

All anti-Celtic bias aside, you could get a lot more for 12.5 mil than Victor Wanyama. We're used to inflated prices in Premier League transfers, but any club throwing that much money at an SPL player are playing a pretty dangerous business game.

It's a bit like the way we paid astronomical wages for almost-world class players in the late 90s - early 00s. There was no way they would come to Scotland otherwise. Southampton are paying 12.5 million to give the impression of playing with the big boys, when they could, I dunno, do what Celtic did and find a Victor Wanyama on the cheap.