Who needs enemies.

ray

Paul Murray call for conduct probe into Duff & Phelps

Paul Murray, the leader of the Blue Knights consortium that tried to buy Rangers, has called for an urgent investigation to be launched into the conduct of the club's administrators Duff & Phelps.

The insolvency experts today said they planned to sue the BBC after denying claims made in a Panorama documentary alleging a potential conflict of interest between Duff & Phelps and Craig Whyte, the current owner. But Murray called for action to be taken because the administrators have "fundamental questions to answer".

"Some very serous allegations have been made against Duff & Phelps," said Murray, a former Ibrox director. "They seem to be backed up by documentary evidence and other documentation that the BBC have. I feel the matter has to be investigated as matter of urgency by regulatory bodies. Whoever regulates insolvency practitioners has to look at this. There are allegations of professional misconduct and conflict of interest.

"For Rangers fans to have confidence in the process of the last few months, this has to be looked at immediately."

The Blue Knights were among four bidders for the club two weeks ago, with Duff & Phelps opting to accept an offer from a consortium fronted by Charles Green, the former chief executive of Sheffield United.

Several of the bidding parties have also questioned decisions made by Duff & Phelps throughout the process. Green is currently pursuing a Company Voluntary Arrangement agreement with the club's creditors.

Duff & Phelps admit there are only enough funds to cover the running costs until June 1, at which time Green's consortium will have to inject funds.

Any investigation into the administrators could be lengthy and push Rangers closer to liquidation.

Murray believes the issues raised in Panorama are too significant to ignore, however.

"I've been involved in this process for three months and certain elements of it have bemused me. Why were one of the big four accountancy firms not appointed?

"Why was Craig Whyte so desperate to have Duff & Phelps appointed? And what is David Grier's involvement in all of this?"

After last night's programme, Duff and Phelps said the matter was now in the hands of their solicitors as they consider legal action against the BBC.

Grier strongly denied any conflict of interest or involvement in Whyte's infamous Ticketus deal that, it transpired, was used to fund his takeover a year ago.

"There is no conflict of interest, none at all," Grier said, "My first involvement with Ticketus was in May during the settlement of the Murray Group's position with regard to Rangers.

"Ticketus was designated as a funding source which was already being used by the Murray Group, and it's use as a way of raising capital was discussed.

"I had no knowledge that it was going to be used as a source to fund the acquistion of the club.

"If that was the case why would we (Duff and Phelps) have taken Ticketus to court? (to stop them claiming their future rights on season tickets)

"It would have been the easiest thing in the world for a lawyer to have it stopped because I had worked with them to secure season ticket rights."

Class 1 judas is mini, why doesn't he ask the court and HMRC who agreed to the appointment of D&P, as to why any of the big 4 weren't appointed.

Paul Murray call for conduct probe into Duff & Phelps

Paul Murray, the leader of the Blue Knights consortium that tried to buy Rangers, has called for an urgent investigation to be launched into the conduct of the club's administrators Duff & Phelps.

The insolvency experts today said they planned to sue the BBC after denying claims made in a Panorama documentary alleging a potential conflict of interest between Duff & Phelps and Craig Whyte, the current owner. But Murray called for action to be taken because the administrators have "fundamental questions to answer".

"Some very serous allegations have been made against Duff & Phelps," said Murray, a former Ibrox director. "They seem to be backed up by documentary evidence and other documentation that the BBC have. I feel the matter has to be investigated as matter of urgency by regulatory bodies. Whoever regulates insolvency practitioners has to look at this. There are allegations of professional misconduct and conflict of interest.

"For Rangers fans to have confidence in the process of the last few months, this has to be looked at immediately."

The Blue Knights were among four bidders for the club two weeks ago, with Duff & Phelps opting to accept an offer from a consortium fronted by Charles Green, the former chief executive of Sheffield United.

Several of the bidding parties have also questioned decisions made by Duff & Phelps throughout the process. Green is currently pursuing a Company Voluntary Arrangement agreement with the club's creditors.

Duff & Phelps admit there are only enough funds to cover the running costs until June 1, at which time Green's consortium will have to inject funds.

Any investigation into the administrators could be lengthy and push Rangers closer to liquidation.

Murray believes the issues raised in Panorama are too significant to ignore, however.

"I've been involved in this process for three months and certain elements of it have bemused me. Why were one of the big four accountancy firms not appointed?

"Why was Craig Whyte so desperate to have Duff & Phelps appointed? And what is David Grier's involvement in all of this?"

After last night's programme, Duff and Phelps said the matter was now in the hands of their solicitors as they consider legal action against the BBC.

Grier strongly denied any conflict of interest or involvement in Whyte's infamous Ticketus deal that, it transpired, was used to fund his takeover a year ago.

"There is no conflict of interest, none at all," Grier said, "My first involvement with Ticketus was in May during the settlement of the Murray Group's position with regard to Rangers.

"Ticketus was designated as a funding source which was already being used by the Murray Group, and it's use as a way of raising capital was discussed.

"I had no knowledge that it was going to be used as a source to fund the acquistion of the club.

"If that was the case why would we (Duff and Phelps) have taken Ticketus to court? (to stop them claiming their future rights on season tickets)

"It would have been the easiest thing in the world for a lawyer to have it stopped because I had worked with them to secure season ticket rights."

Class 1 judas is mini, why doesn't he ask the court and HMRC who agreed to the appointment of D&P, as to why any of the big 4 weren't appointed.

Im all for finding out any murky connections between the partys involved, transparancy can only be good for us. AFTER the takeover has been completed and CVA or Newco is established, the imediate future of the club is most importaint right now. Time for probes and inquireys afterwards

Paul Murray asks ......

"I've been involved in this process for three months and certain elements of it have bemused me. Why were one of the big four accountancy firms not appointed?"

Let me tell you why Paul ..... because there is too much risk - especially reputational risk - for the amount of money a firm would make on this engagement.

And people like you - who are always mouthing off to the media - are part of the problem.

"I've been involved in this process for three months and certain elements of it have bemused me. Why were one of the big four accountancy firms not appointed?"

But he's not has he? He's been involved in making several bids that fell short of being acceptable but he's not been involved in the administration process at all.

But he's not has he? He's been involved in making several bids that fell short of being acceptable but he's not been involved in the administration process at all.

Hes been invoved in shoutind his mouth off for over a year, making silly claims and even sillyer bids, time has come to graciously retire from the situation Mini.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18185328

On this article he's quoted as saying

"I am a qualified chartered accountant and some elements of the process have bemused me,"

What's 'bemused' me is you were there when all this financial shit happened and continued but as a Chartered Accountant you never managed tae sort it or raise it to a level where the fans were aware - until now when it suits ye . I'm no CA but even i know ye canne spend 50 when yurr ownly bringing in 40 !

I have to say that some of Paul Murray's actions have bemused me - believing Ticketus, bidding £2.50 and a box of Jaffa Cakes, taking all the glory but none of the responsibility during his directorship, etc. His words and deeds have been a joke and a disaster.

I have to say that some of Paul Murray's actions have bemused me - believing Ticketus, bidding £2.50 and a box of Jaffa Cakes, taking all the glory but none of the responsibility during his directorship, etc. His words and deeds have been a joke and a disaster.

The mark of a corporate politician but not that of a businessman or entrepreneur.

Though I am doubtful of Murray's motives I think that it is essential that the best deal possible is found for rangers this time and perhaps waiting for the outcome of an investigation may prove far less painful long term than rushing through a bad deal out of desperation.