Ejection from the Scottish Cup?

Gers1690

1338753280' post='1060095645']

It is a revnue stream. The club will be caught for revenue already without European footie so it's not a good thing.

We play more lucrative Friendlies the weeks of the Scottish Cup games. The League is by far the most important to focus on. We are getting gates like 17K for Scottish Cup games as the magic has gone from that tourney..... 2 year ban I can live with.

The SFA statement tonight says:

"the club was not 'prohibited from appealing to the Court of Arbitration for Sport', as was claimed."

Lord Glennie says:

"The matter is ... made clear by Rule 15.8.3.6 of the JPP... That excludes any appeal to the CAS."

I'll favour Lord Glennie over the skewed view of some trumped-up SFA minion.

The SFA statement tonight says:

"the club was not 'prohibited from appealing to the Court of Arbitration for Sport', as was claimed."

Lord Glennie says:

"The matter is ... made clear by Rule 15.8.3.6 of the JPP... That excludes any appeal to the CAS."

I'll favour Lord Glennie over the skewed view of some trumped-up SFA minion.

There is another thread on this, backtracking, hindsight ,just digging a bigger hole for themselves.

Say we get banned from the Scottish cup do you think the cup sponsor will pull the plug on the sponsorship deal???

I doubt it, but that would be funny. It's no secret that Scottish football need Rangers and their loyal supporters - if they mess with the Gers too much, they will be digging their own grave.

It will be damaging to both rangers and the SFA but I don't see as how there are many other options a ban or suspension would be far more damaging. SFA have backed themselves into a corner and it wouln't surprise me if they pulled the self distruct. Several chairmen already calling for just that, quite beyond belief CEOs are prepared to cut their own throats financially and put their clubs very survival at risk to get at rangers, we can but hope this is only the tune they are singing publically not just as a rangers fan but for scottish football.

Think the reason we were not kicked out of the Scottish cup in the first place is that it may effect the sfa deal with sky for the cup. If sky have a provision for both the old firm to be in the spl then i would imagine that would go for the cup as well.

Sky want an Old firm game in the cup everything else is secondary to them, season before last they had something like 1.8m viewers for the 2 cup games at Ibrox and porkhead, imagine the advertising they would have sold on the back of viewing figures like that.

SFA really have dug themselves a hole here with their bloodlust to see Rangers punished, they will end up costing their own organisation a lot of money.

It's not ideal but a one year ban from the cup may be the path that is acceptable to us and the SFA as they will meet the FIFA requirement of handing out an additional sanction harsher than the fine and and embargo that was originally given and enable us to move on to the next hurdle! in our return to Greatness! 21.gif

A cup ban would be seen as a huge victory for the administrators , I very much doubt that a victory or even a perceived victory would be acceptable to the sfa or fifa . I fear that if we do not capitulate to the original sanction we Will face a very stiff penalty.

Fifa cannot allow a club to even get the slightest victory over it for fear its authority be undermined . It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that our only get out clause from being hammered is to accept the original punishment and an additional point penalty.

As a fan I would be happier if my club stood firm, fought tooth and nail all the way , sadly with us in such a fragile position I suspect and fear we may have to back .

A cup ban would be seen as a huge victory for the administrators , I very much doubt that a victory or even a perceived victory would be acceptable to the sfa or fifa . I fear that if we do not capitulate to the original sanction we Will face a very stiff penalty.

Fifa cannot allow a club to even get the slightest victory over it for fear its authority be undermined . It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that our only get out clause from being hammered is to accept the original punishment and an additional point penalty.

As a fan I would be happier if my club stood firm, fought tooth and nail all the way , sadly with us in such a fragile position I suspect and fear we may have to back .

The Selik Football Association will need to take some sort of financial hit. They were too selfish in trying to just punish Rangers last time, shame for them they done it illegally, now they have been made to look stupid, corrupt and inept and will definitely need to take a financial hit of some sort. A Scottish Cup ban for 1 year seems like the least costly for them.

may I add that the hypocrisy amazes me. We as a club have the law on our side yet rather than the other clubs running to our aid and standing shoulder to shoulder with us against fifa, the same very clubs why are crying about upholding integrity in our game , the say stuff the law, stuff the moral high ground , we want our pay day of uefa . . . let the law of the land be sold to the highest bidder.