Rangers FC - Wikipedia

It mentions the company associated with the club was liquidated and a new company was formed. But when I have a bit of a clearer mind I'll edit it so it is clearer if people are of the same opinion.

In February 2012 Rangers entered administration as a result of a tax dispute with HM Revenue and Customs. On 14 June 2012 the Club was forced into liquidation following the rejection of a proposed Company Voluntary Arrangement,[6] and the club's assets, including Ibrox Stadium and Murray Park, were bought by The Rangers Football Club Ltd -

It does say the club, it should read:

In February 2012 Rangers plc entered administration as a result of a tax dispute with HM Revenue and Customs. On 14 June 2012 the Rangers plc was forced into liquidation following the rejection of a proposed Company Voluntary Arrangement,[6] and it's assets, including Ibrox Stadium and Murray Park, were bought by The Rangers Football Club Ltd -

Or something like that

Guy with username superbhoy1888 has changed everything on the last hour. Need I say more.... Obsessed with us. They can't handle the truth. Also above named user has been warned not to edit rangers pages but continues to do so. Main editors are waiting for clarification on liquidation process. Fiorentina and Leeds have been mentioned and I've put my opinion across. Hopefully get sorted soon.

Guy with username superbhoy1888 has changed everything on the last hour. Need I say more.... Obsessed with us. They can't handle the truth. Also above named user has been warned not to edit rangers pages but continues to do so. Main editors are waiting for clarification on liquidation process. Fiorentina and Leeds have been mentioned and I've put my opinion across. Hopefully get sorted soon.

Their obsession is unhealthy, I have never even been on the septic Wikipedia, let alone interested in changing it!

This is what I feared, anyone can go on and change it to lies. Some kind of privilege lock needs to be put on it. Don't know how any of that works - wikipedia have a pretty hands off approach unless things get libellous.

Shuggy

Those demented fannies have been doing this off and on for ages now. They really don't give a damn about their own pathetic team, they just obsess on anything & everything to do with ours. I honestly can not fathom why any sentient being would waste their entire life in such a stupendously pointless manner. Oh, right.... a sentient being wouldn't. Nevermind.

Tried to go to work on the Wikipedia page this morning. However, many scum fans must think of themselves as the next Stephen King or Terry Pratchett. They are certainly living in a fantasy land. They believe that our great club has no badge, no nicknames, no honours or records. One of them even edited Ibrox and Murray Park as our former stadium and training facility. They are most certainly warped with there ideas. Funniest thing I noticed is that the new company name is The Rangers Football Club Limited 2012. Will leave for a while and try again as I don't do walking away.

Can you add a section to the celtic page entitled:

Sex Abuse Scandal of Boys Club

And include factual information, backed up by sources ofcourse, of how the Kelly regime knew of Torbetts wicked ways yet did nothing, allowed it to continue, and then stood by him during the allegations, even supporting him in court?

Always wondered how such a scandal has been so well covered up. And gone unpunished.

Can you add a section to the celtic page entitled:

Sex Abuse Scandal of Boys Club

And include factual information, backed up by sources ofcourse, of how the Kelly regime knew of Torbetts wicked ways yet did nothing, allowed it to continue, and then stood by him during the allegations, even supporting him in court?

Always wondered how such a scandal has been so well covered up. And gone unpunished.

There's this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Celtic_Boys_Club

Rangers Wikipedia page back to how it was yesterday. Edited by andrewcrawford. Andrew is waiting for clarification on liquidation before updating page correctly. His point of view, and I see where he is coming from, is that if the SFA validate the transfer of membership from oldco to newco then the club will continue with all honours. If however, the SFA fail to transfer membership then the club would cease to exist and a new club with new membership would need to be formed. This is the clarification he is waiting for.

Rangers Wikipedia page back to how it was yesterday. Edited by andrewcrawford. Andrew is waiting for clarification on liquidation before updating page correctly. His point of view, and I see where he is coming from, is that if the SFA validate the transfer of membership from oldco to newco then the club will continue with all honours. If however, the SFA fail to transfer membership then the club would cease to exist and a new club with new membership would need to be formed. This is the clarification he is waiting for.

Sorry but that is still not acceptable. So Andrew Crawford has decided under what conditions we retain our history.

The club is the same with or without Sfa or Spl membership. The share has always resided with the company not the club.

The plc will be liquidated, the club had been sold and still exists as it always has.

This needs to be sorted once and for all and everyone informed of the distinction between company and club.

For instance I believe celtics Spl share is not owned by the same company which owns the assets of the club, eg stadium and players. Can't find the previous topic to get the full detaild

Sorry but that is still not acceptable. So Andrew Crawford has decided under what conditions we retain our history.

The club is the same with or without Sfa or Spl membership. The share has always resided with the company not the club.

The plc will be liquidated, the club had been sold and still exists as it always has.

This needs to be sorted once and for all and everyone informed of the distinction between company and club.

For instance I believe celtics Spl share is not owned by the same company which owns the assets of the club, eg stadium and players. Can't find the previous topic to get the full detaild

i agree, how the fuck can the membership of a governing body possibly define a club?

you think when Rangers & Celtic were making applications to join the English premiership 5 or so eyars ago they were thinking "well we need to be a completely new club in order for it to happen, but hey, the riches fo the premiership right..."?

Would it not also be correct to state that when a club is relegated they no longer have an SPL membership, and are then given an SFL one? What about Fiorentina, Leeds, Middlesborough who all changed company and needed re-registration?

i agree, how the fuck can the membership of a governing body possibly define a club?

you think when Rangers & Celtic were making applications to join the English premiership 5 or so eyars ago they were thinking "well we need to be a completely new club in order for it to happen, but hey, the riches fo the premiership right..."?

Would it not also be correct to state that when a club is relegated they no longer have an SPL membership, and are then given an SFL one? What about Fiorentina, Leeds, Middlesborough who all changed company and needed re-registration?

The membership is the club. If we had moved to England the membership would have been transferred from SFA to the FA. The membership is the same thing as a players registration. If a player is not registered then he is not a player. So if Rangers do not have a membership to a football association they will cease to be a football club. That is why Mr Green has to apply to SFA to transfer membership to the new company and as I said earlier if this is successful then all good. However, if they don't transfer it the membership will stay with the old company and therefore be dissolved with that company.

The membership is the club. If we had moved to England the membership would have been transferred from SFA to the FA. The membership is the same thing as a players registration. If a player is not registered then he is not a player. So if Rangers do not have a membership to a football association they will cease to be a football club. That is why Mr Green has to apply to SFA to transfer membership to the new company and as I said earlier if this is successful then all good. However, if they don't transfer it the membership will stay with the old company and therefore be dissolved with that company.

See your point but I disagree.

The sfa membership sits with the company currently, not the club.

The sfa and sply membership at Celtic sits with a company that does not own the players or the stadium and therefore is not the club.

The membership is needed to be part of a professional league, it is not needed to be a football club, these are two entirely different things.

See your point but I disagree.

The sfa membership sits with the company currently, not the club.

The sfa and sply membership at Celtic sits with a company that does not own the players or the stadium and therefore is not the club.

The membership is needed to be part of a professional league, it is not needed to be a football club, these are two entirely different things.

indeed, Green was having abit of rant at the media at the same question over over and he sort of snapped and said somthing like 'who knows, maybe we'll get back into the SPL, maybe it will be the SFL, maybe we'll need to play in ireland, or maybe we'll be playing exhibition matches if it doesnt get sorted'.

if we play exhibition matches, that means we have no membership anywhere. does that mean we "cease to exist" as a club?

ofcourse not. And memeberships can't "transfer" from, say, the SPL to the English leagues had that been the route we went down years ago. The SPL membership would just be binned and we'd get a new one. What if the SPL goes bust? Does every 'club' in it, 'cease to exist'?

A "club" can't be defined by a corporate entity, a membership, a shaeholding, a badge, or stadium. A club is defined by a name, a birth, a location, and a set of fans.

In February 2012 Rangers entered administration as a result of a tax dispute with HM Revenue and Customs. On 14 June 2012 the club was forced into liquidation following the rejection of a proposed Company Voluntary Arrangement,[8] and the club's assets, including Ibrox Stadium and Murray Park, were bought by The Rangers Football Club Ltd - a consortium led by Charles Green, a former chief executive of Sheffield United.[9] This club has applied to register with the Scottish Football Association and to participate in the Scottish Premier League.[10]

The bold bits should read:

The club and its assets, including Ibrox Stadium and Murray Park, were bought by The Rangers Football Club Ltd

The club has applied to re-register with the Scottish Football Association and to participate in the Scottish Premier League