Would you accept a Naismith loan?

With the likelihood being that a number of players will want to leave, I'm wondering if there could be a compromise for our better players like Naismith who are still relatively young.

If we go to Div 1 would we really expect Naismith to stay?? It's a key point for his international career, we can't play in Europe and he is probably thinking about all the cash he could earn down south.

So could we not let him go out on loan for a year or two? Surely we could win Div 1 without him and we could also demand a fee for him. A team like Everton would probably take him.... I mean they went for McFadden again in January!

Part of the fee could go to Rangers with the other part going to Naismith to bump up his earnings. A premiership team could also afford to pay him a little more if it was part of the deal.

Since we can't play in Europe for 3 years, maybe Naisy would want a second year in the Premiership. That might work as well and then he could come back the following year to try to win the title and into the Champions League qualifiers???

Some may say he either stays or leaves in our time of need, but for me he is such a good player we should try to accommodate him and could not expect him to play innthe lower leagues at the prime part of his career.

Its an idea but if he went to say Everton for a couple of years would he really want to come back to an SPL thats going to of got alot worse while we are away? I doubt it to be honest, fuck knows whats going to happen but if people like McCabe want out now its not looking good.

I dont understand? The players will in all likelyhood leave for free if they wish, why would we convince him to stay and then loan him out?

I don't think it's that difficult to understand. Maybe he is in two minds, wants to play for Rangers but also wants a crack at the Premiership and some higher wages.

Not saying it's likely, but still a possibility.

I think with the 3 year ban and the likelihood that a decent EPL team will be sniffing around the best we can hope for is he cares about the club enough to transfer over under TUPE to ensure the club get a decent transfer fee for him.

We have gotten used to seeing some of our best players leaving for very little in recent time. Miller, Mendes and Jelavic to name just 3. But to see so many leave for maybe nothing all at the same time is going to be very hard. We will survive it though and we will rebuild once again.

In a Way I think naisy owes the club alot.

He's had 2 horrific season long injuries that the club has nursed him through. I'm not going to slate him or other players, I'd like to find out the truth b4 I give opinions on it.

The papers & media are jumping all over every story and we dont know what's accurate and false at this stage.

I think with the 3 year ban and the likelihood that a decent EPL team will be sniffing around the best we can hope for is he cares about the club enough to transfer over under TUPE to ensure the club get a decent transfer fee for him.

I would like to hope this

Good point, this is essential and I think he would at least do that if he felt he wanted to leave for good

And if so, thanks for everything and all the best for the future.

I won't be judging any of our players for leaving if they do it properly, but nor do I want anybody playing for us in the SPL who didn't stay with us in a lower division. If they aren't willing to help us secure our future, they shouldn't be a part of that future.