Greens response to Those who will walk away

markybear

by Lindsay Herron

RANGERS Chief Executive Charles Green has insisted he will contest any attempt by players to walk away from Rangers for free.

Green reacted strongly today after both Steven Naismith and Steven Whiittaker held a press conference to annouce they were not transferring to the newco and would be walking away.

Green said: "It is a great pity that certain players have chosen this time to attempt to tear up their contracts and walk away from the Club.

"The Club is facing massive challenges in terms of its league status and the last thing the fans want to see is a dispute between the Club and players.

"However, it appears that is the route several players are choosing. I can assure those players and Clubs who may be interested in signing them that Rangers will seek damages for breach of contract and for inducement to break contracts.

"The SFA has been considering the issue and has issued a preliminary guidance note on registration issues. That note has made it clear that it is open to the Club to challenge the actions of the players. Our lawyers have written to the SFA today intimating that we do challenge the actions of the players and explaining why that is. They have also asked that the SFA confirm how it proposes to resolve the dispute between the players and Club.

"We have no wish to go to court on these matters but the players involved, their agents and clubs who may be pursuing these players should be in no doubt that we will do whatever it takes to protect the Club's interests.

"As Ally McCoist said yesterday the players should be honest about their intentions. When the players agreed to take wage cuts earlier this year they renegotiated their contracts to allow them to leave for reduced values. That was a sensible quid pro quo and meant that the Club would still get some transfer value for them should they leave.

"What is happening now is that the players want to leave for nothing, thereby denying the Club any transfer value at all. At the same time, players who are ready to breach their contracts want to secure handsome signing on fees for other clubs, while Rangers get nothing.

"I have heard criticism from one of the players today that I had not been in contact. That is surprising since his agent was in my office on Friday for a meeting with both me and the Manager.

"I have spoken to the Rangers staff now on a number of occasions and at staff meetings. No players were present at these meetings and they have all been on holiday.

"The players' actions are all the more breathtaking given that that virtually everyone else employed at the Club has got on with the job since the CVA was refused and a new company had to be formed. Of course, they had concerns but after asking all the relevant questions it was business as usual. That applies to the groundsmen, the tea ladies, the office staff and everyone else who make Rangers tick. Rangers is still Rangers and players, above all, should know that."

Given that these contracts clauses appear to be genuine; would that not call into question the integrity of any club he makes approaches to these players.

I can just about swallow all this but then I hear Whittaker saying we have no history.

I hope Green takes him, in particular, for every single fucking penny he has.

Enjoy Brentford or some other English backwater you imposter of a player.

I can understand why Greens upset but complaining about not getting money for players tranferring is a bit of a joke considering he's not too bothered about us getting players without paying for them.

Oh fuck right off indeed!

Listen what Charles Green says is correct, the players are denying the club a fee so they get the fee themselves, it is completely selfish in this regard. No transfer fee = massive signing on fee, the guy is involved in a football agency he knows exactly what they're playing at and I for one hope our hand is as strong as Green suggests.

"Of course, they had concerns but after asking all the relevant questions it was business as usual. That applies to the groundsmen, the tea ladies, the office staff and everyone else who make Rangers tick. Rangers is still Rangers and players, above all, should know that."

Great statement there.

Any player with concerns should be getting their arses back to Glasgow and talking with the manager instead of letting their fucking snake agents be their puppet masters.

Listen what Charles Green says is correct, the players are denying the club a fee so they get the fee themselves, it is completely selfish in this regard. No transfer fee = massive signing on fee, the guy is involved in a football agency he knows exactly what they're playing at and I for one hope our hand is as strong as Green suggests.

Exactly.

Players are being very greedy here. If they want to leave then fine but ffs make sure RFC get some dough for u

What Greens saying is pish and everybody slating the players who took massive wage cuts are talking pish aswell.

who the fuck else would move to the newco when they can get a move down south and a big fee for themselves.

when the players are too old there's no loyalty to them then so its a bit rich expecting loyalty when they're young.

spot on. (tu)

Really hope Green has this right and they can't just leave,but fuck them I don't want them in a blue shirt again,if we still hold their registration get the bastards sold

We, (Sevco Scotland Ltd, the newco) don't hold any player registrations because we are not yet registered as a football club with anyone.

I would have at least expected they wait till they knew what our situation would be next year.

They take this decision knowing full well they deprive us of the (significantly reduced) transfer fee, theres no point in bleating about the reduced wages and the loyalty there then a few months down the line completely shafting us solely for personal gain.

I didn't expect them to stay I DID expect them to show some common decency and it doesnt seem like they could manage that.

Like Green has said the other people at the club have all got on with it and are helping to keep this club going and moving forward, for two guys on thousand of pounds a week to turn round and tell all of us and all of them that Rangers no longer exists is a fucking joke and the fact naisy is supposed to be a fan makes it all the worse.

A purely selfish act, taken at a time when we are at our most vulnerable. Good job lads, enjoy the extra cars. (tu)

I would have at least expected they wait till they knew what our situation would be next year.

They take this decision knowing full well they deprive us of the (significantly reduced) transfer fee, theres no point in bleating about the reduced wages and the loyalty there then a few months down the line completely shafting us solely for personal gain.

I didn't expect them to stay I DID expect them to show some common decency and it doesnt seem like they could manage that.

Like Green has said the other people at the club have all got on with it and are helping to keep this club going and moving forward, for two guys on thousand of pounds a week to turn round and tell all of us and all of them that Rangers no longer exists is a fucking joke and the fact naisy is supposed to be a fan makes it all the worse.

A purely selfish act, taken at a time when we are at our most vulnerable. Good job lads, enjoy the extra cars. (tu)

The problem is the law doesn't allow them to do that. If they want to object to the TUPE transfer, they have to not turn up for work at the newco or accept any wages from it.

Always thought Whitticker was a cock and listening to him today cemented that opinion. 25 grand a week??? He will

get a hand full of games for an English side then you won't here of him again

The problem is the law doesn't allow them to do that. If they want to object to the TUPE transfer, they have to not turn up for work at the newco or accept any wages from it.

Yes I understand that, I believe they should have transferred the contracts over then allow us to sell them for the reduced fees in the re-negotiated contracts. The reason they won't do this is because then they don't get the massive sign on deals they will get as free agents.

That in my opinion is selfish and the reasons given (rangers dont exist etc) are a joke and it is completley disrespectful to the fans to dress this up as anything other than them wanting to leave to get a pay out.

I know players will want to leave I just think they should honour the contracts they negotiated, and if they are not willing to do this I expect them to at least be honest about their reasons.

I can understand why Greens upset but complaining about not getting money for players tranferring is a bit of a joke considering he's not too bothered about us getting players without paying for them.

And so another beast shows himself.

Our captain will keep stum like he is on the pitch. Wouldnt surprise me if davo is nxt to quit.

Yeah I reckon he'll be making one of these statements shortly. His silence throughout this whole saga has been a pretty poor show.