Kilmarnock say no

mrgings

Does anyone have any idea what Sky's view is on all of this?

I cannot accept they'd be quite happy without Rangers in the league.

The other clubs struggle to get 5,000 to attend their matches let alone watch it on TV.

At a time when advertising rates are through the floor I cannot see Sky at all being happy with this.

I'm sure whatever happens the ten other clubs will put a positive spin on it.

One other point, re the 50/50 gate split. I cannot see this being live for next season. There can't be enough time. Likewise I think Timmy could challenge this in court.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has then been confirmed?

I'm astonished, never felt Johnston could do this..these diddy clubs have had this sown up since the frst time they all met, shambles.

Even the way they have stage managed the results is a farce, its the same tactic the players who are trying to escape have employed, drip fed until we become immune to the pain..Well I am not going to be 'drip-fed', I won't take this medicine prescribed by our enemies, keep aware Bears for our greatest challenge and the darkest days may still lie 'afore us, this time we'll be Ready.

Im telling you, its Division 1

Past caring on these NOs, look like Division one indeed and Rangers don't deserve it because of the recklessness of one man. Everything else is unproven, it's down to what Whyte did up to February and I don't think Rangers should be taking the bullet for his actions.

Shuggy

Does anyone have any idea what Sky's view is on all of this?

I cannot accept they'd be quite happy without Rangers in the league.

The other clubs struggle to get 5,000 to attend their matches let alone watch it on TV.

At a time when advertising rates are through the floor I cannot see Sky at all being happy with this.

I'm sure whatever happens the ten other clubs will put a positive spin on it.

One other point, re the 50/50 gate split. I cannot see this being live for next season. There can't be enough time. Likewise I think Timmy could challenge this in court.

The unofficial word is that Sky would "tolerate" the SPL without Rangers one season. There was talk of a revived Glasgow Cup to inject one Old Firm match. My guess is they will want to cover Rangers wherever we are but at no extra cost to the existing one-year-to-run contract. Who knows, they might still negotiate down because of no OF games.

Can't tell me that these near broke SPL clubs have not been secretly seeking reassuring noises from Sky before they "bravely" stood up for "sporting integrity" to get round that 11-1 majority vote. Hypocrisy, posturing and self-serving of the worst kind.

They'll next go all out to impose their "each according to their need" Commie philosophy (read "each according to their greed"). So I would not discount gate split but 50-50 is a bit too much IMO.

Shuggy