Steven Saunders trying to finish Rangers

scottyc06

What ever happened to regan on that or was it just swept away never to be mentioned again

Regan got exactly the same punishment as Hugh Dallas got. *pause*. wait a minute.....he got the exact OPPOSITE of what Dallas got. that doesnt seem fair at all. hmmmm

I have also just finished speaking to Saunders' boss who graciously listened to my complaint regarding our Club which, I advised him, employs hundreds of people, full-time, part-time and sub-contract. I said I was disgusted at the post. The man was patient and as per your post, he said he had received numerous other calls. He will speak to Saunders tomorrow and he wasn't pleased at the post. Saunders won't be sacked but will receive a severe rebuke. He said it was meant to be a joke but agreed it was in extremely poor taste. He actually likened it to Frankie Boyle. Fair play to the man.

one thing i dont quite get though, is how this is meant to be funny? if he'd said something like "lets jepordise Rangers existense so we can have a reason to shop with the wife on Saturday*" then ok, but he just made a rally call to get rid of us. again, could somebody grow a set? when you say something like that, admit why you really did it. if he said "i dont like Rangers" then fine. but dont BS me with the "its a joke" fall back, because it was not.

*I realize this isnt funny, but its the best i can do currently

one thing i dont quite get though, is how this is meant to be funny? if he'd said something like "lets jepordise Rangers existense so we can have a reason to shop with the wife on Saturday*" then ok, but he just made a rally call to get rid of us. again, could somebody grow a set? when you say something like that, admit why you really did it. if he said "i dont like Rangers" then fine. but dont BS me with the "its a joke" fall back, because it was not.

*I realize this isnt funny, but its the best i can do currently

Agreed, I have no respect for people who can't take responsibility for their actions.

Be a man, stand by you opinions. Hiding behind "it was just a joke" is pitiful behaviour.

You said something you believe have the guts to stand by it when the complaints come your way and admit the reason why you said it, don't just backtrack and try and wriggle out of it like a snake.

It was just a joke?.... where was the punchline? <cr>

goal.com - Killing football clubs?

Hi,

Re: Steven Saunders @stevengoal

I'm contacting you in respect of comments made by the above person who is employed by your organisation.

I have always enjoyed reading goal.com and often refer to it for information on whats going on in the world of football, particularly at the moment as a major tournament is taking place.

I note from your website that goal.com are "dedicated to making the Goal brand the definitive multi-platform football experience for fans".

Is this aspiration for all football fans or is it selective and exclusive?

The reason I ask is that as a fan of Rangers FC and one who has travelled extensively all over the UK and Europe to matches involving Rangers I am keen that my children and grandchildren will also be able to benefit from the enjoyment and experiences I have had as a fan of the club by also being able to follow them for years to come.

Unfortunately the club, as you will no doubt be aware are in financial difficulty at the moment due to the mismanagement of previous owners.

It is apparent now that Rangers will be playing in the Scottish Football League (SFL) next season as opposed to the Scottish Premier League (SPL).

This situation is not of the making of fans like myself who only want to support their team and will do so whatever league they play in.

However it seems to be the stance of goal.com to completely destroy Rangers FC as expressed by Mr Saunders in the below tweet.

"Scottish Football League Fans, the challenge is on - force your clubs to vote against Rangers' application, and force them out of football"

This tweet is clearly aimed at putting pressure on supporters of SFL teams to deny Rangers FC entrance to the lower leagues and to ultimately put them out of existence which would have the effect of making hundreds of staff unemployed and effectively putting a club with hundreds of thousands of fans worldwide out of business.

Can you clarify if this is the official position of goal.com as the tweet was made on Mr Saunders goal.com account?

Clearly this information is important as should Mr Saunders succeed in his aim to force Rangers out of football any subsequent legal action would obviously be taken against you as his employer facilitating him in his campaign.

It is patently clear to me that an organised call for supporters to force people in to unemployment by a website such as yours would have an extremely good chance of being litigated against should it be seen to be contributory to their redundancy.

The tweet is unambiguous and clear - This man is instigating a campaign to force the closure of a Scottish institution and one can only speculate as to his motives for making this rallying call to football supporters to destroy another football club. Perhaps his motives are something you would wish to discuss with him but clearly that is a matter for yourselves.

Does goal.com condone this call by their employee and is his stance indicative of your views?

I would welcome your opinions on the matter.

Regards,

Thats just what I wanted to email!! Brilliant!! But just in from work and brain dead.. Just thought.. Fucking shocking..