Boyd and McGregor

DadoPrso9

I just don't get what everyone is complaining about tbh

They had a wee laugh before the minutes silence and didn't during it.

OK they had a grin on their faces, so what??

What is the big deal here??

It is not disrespectful to smile. How do you know they weren't remembering something from a video they watched or a story they were told and were relaying to each other before the whistle???

Is it not better to laugh at death than fear it??

My dad doesn't ahve long left. Maybe a month. Of course we are all going to be sad that he has passed. But we will be laughing and joking about his LIFE. Not standing with a sad face thinking about his death.

If you all think it is disrespectful that's fine, but IMO you need to wise up.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not disrespectful to smile. How do you know they weren't remembering something from a video they watched or a story they were told and were relaying to each other before the whistle???

My dad doesn't ahve long left. Maybe a month. Of course we are all going to be sad that he has passed. But we will be laughing and joking about his LIFE. Not standing with a sad face thinking about his death.

there is no excuse all the other players showed respect.

there is no excuse all the other players showed respect.

You obviously didn't read my post properly minstral

Where is the disrespect??

People show their thoughts and feelings in diferent ways.

Just because you don't want to do something doesn't mean it is wrong for someone else to do it. You are blowing this out of proportion and quicte frankly a lot of you are behaving like children. It could be that you are children I don't know.

They didn't even laugh and joke DURING the silence. It was before it. Why not ban the 50,000 fans inside Ibrox who were all talking and joking BEFORE the minutes silence begun. In your eyes they are being disrespectful too

You obviously didn't read my post properly minstral

Where is the disrespect??

People show their thoughts and feelings in diferent ways.

Just because you don't want to do something doesn't mean it is wrong for someone else to do it. You are blowing this out of proportion and quicte frankly a lot of you are behaving like children. It could be that you are children I don't know.

They didn't even laugh and joke DURING the silence. It was before it. Why not ban the 50,000 fans inside Ibrox who were all talking and joking BEFORE the minutes silence begun. In your eyes they are being disrespectful too

i think you will find they were still at it after the silence started.

I didn't see, was at the game, and feel a few things could be cleared up.

In an earlier post some had quoted another forum saying the whole minutes silence was a shambles as it wasn't announced or anything, well whoever posted on the other forum obviously had just turned up as Andy Cameron said it and a couple minutes prior to the silence the Stadium announcer announced it.

Reguarding McGregor and Boyd smiling at the start of the minutes silence I'm sure they meant no disrespect, from previous experience with minutes silences before games (I used to play rugby) you're obviously warming up, focusing on the game in hand preparing whatever way each individual does, maybe with them its having a laugh and a joke to keep the nerves at bay, I don't know for certain. If this was the case then I'm sure the rest of us have struggled to stiffle a laugh immediately. The way I see it they haven't done much, if anything wrong. Yes maybe they had a smile at the beginning but I'm certain they got rid as soon as humanly possible, atleast they weren't intentionally laugh and giggle the whole way through the silence.

The most disappointing thing about today IMO was the clubs lack of respect to not have the players wear black armbands. I don't know if this has to be allowed by SFA or match officials if any, but I'm sure they would have had no objections about the players wearing these to respect a great player and servant for this club.

i think you will find they were still at it after the silence started.

Not according to what people have said. They had a smile on their faces.

So what?? Who cares?? What is the big deal?? Do you just expect everyone to stand with their bottom lip hanging out mourning death??

Personally I would prefer to value and laugh at life.

It is your choice though and I will respect your decision if you think the only way to mourn is to stick your head down and push your lip out. That is how YOU deal witih it. Doesn't mean EVERYONE has to deal with it like that

I saw this incident quite clearly on the tv. The silence had started and the camera focused in on Boyd who was smirking and muttering something.The camera then moved out slightly and this is when McGregor,standing next to him, was seen giggling (obviously to whatever Boyd had said). I was very disappointed in both if them.

there is no way they would of ment to be disrespectful!

i was at the game and the minute silence caught me by surpise as i was expecting the guy 2 say sumfin over the speakers but the music just imediatly stopped and the ref blow his whistle,

mcg and boyd were laughing at sumthing tht happened before it, whatever it was i dont think they need 2 explain what they were laughin at to be honest, i no i for 1 cant be laughing at sumthing and then immediatly stop - for anything -

anyhow i am 110% positive no disrespect was ment.

The most disappointing thing about today IMO was the clubs lack of respect to not have the players wear black armbands. I don't know if this has to be allowed by SFA or match officials if any, but I'm sure they would have had no objections about the players wearing these to respect a great player and servant for this club.

I wasn't at game today but heard both teams were going to wear yellow ribbons for that wee girl that went missing. Did they? If that was the plan I'd guess changing to a black armband may give the wrong impression, even though its a normal mark of respect.

I wasn't at game today but heard both teams were going to wear yellow ribbons for that wee girl that went missing. Did they? If that was the plan I'd guess changing to a black armband may give the wrong impression, even though its a normal mark of respect.

With killie playing in yellow I couldn't really see it on them so couldn't say for certain.

With my seat being in the Broomloan only Rangers player I saw regularly and close enough was McGregor and he whore the yellow ribbon on his upper arm.

But I can't see why this would cause confusion, as every other player I saw on tv etc with the yellow ribbon it was around their wrist, obviously goalkeepers are different as this could annoy them and obviously it couldn't be seen with the gloves.

Both laughing and joking during the minutes silence. Didnt see it myself but it was shown on the telly apparently

50,000 fans plus the Killie fans (fair play to them) respected it well enough yet these two wasters who dont have a clue about playing for the jersey like Kai did, couldnt resist having a laugh

Id get them both to fuck, being honest

really disappointed to hear that... :angry:(td)

I think we need to hear their side of the story before throwing stones, TBH. I mean, each and every one of us has done some daft stuff that could condemn us in the eyes of others - I know I have in my younger days, at any rate. Doesn't mean I am or ever was a full fledged Borstal boy giving a twos up to everyone in authority. FFS, Rangers have had a lot of players down through the years that were certainly not saints, and a lot of 'em are now considered legends (Willie Johnstone, anyone?). They were most probably sharing a laugh before the minute kicked off, and couldn't stop from sniggling because of it. I'm sure they didn't mean to disrespect Kai. I'd let them explain their side of events before tying the rope to the tree.

i will tell you something , jock wallace would have punched the two of them and then made sure they never played for us again.

Wow, lots of stuff here.

Firstly minstral your mention of Jock Wallace brought back to me a moment as the team/ squad were coming out to applaud the fans after the game.

A couple of them had their hands in their pockets, and my mate pointed out that they wouldn't have dared do that in JW's days.

As for Boyd and McGregor, being at the game I missed it but it seems that they didn't behave the way us traditionalists still (despite the evidence) hope to see from Rangers players.

Sack them? Yes, but not for that.

Sadly these days Rangers players generally don't see themselves as ambassadors for the Greatest Football Club in the world.

Those days are past now, but I'd love to see them come back.

Good thing you've got nothing to do with the club then

You're wrong here RFC. Total disrespect for a Rangers Great(something these two can only dream about) run the two of them out the door ASAP. (willy)

No big deal ?

Im sure if any of Kai Johansen's family were watching that footage it would be a big enough deal.

Ive seen the footage now and am absolutely mortified by their conduct.

No its not disrespectful to smile.

But laughing and chuckling at the preparation to, and the commencement of a one minute silence in honour of a Rangers Great is disrespectful. Arms linked... 22 players at the centre circle....is anyone going to try and tell me they didnt know what was coming ! ?

You know what - the pair of them gave the impression by their conduct that the couldn't really give a flying phuck as to the reason they were standing there.

We as a support made a huge issue and much representation to the club over the fact we had a minutes applause for the passing of Bobby Shearer....many felt it was not appropriate and requested we honour our dead with the traditional and respectful minutes silence.

The club is demanding that supporters ....in everything they do....conduct themselves in the highest possible standards.

What a pity some of our players cant.

Kick them out for being Pish but make the disrespect the reason.

Boyd is a disgrace,he thinks cos he scores a few goals he's untouchable but he and Adam are lazy lazy bastards and need to be told in no uncertain terms what it means to play for Rangers.

I felt cheated yesterday,big Dado on crutches is better than Boyd.

Has anyone actually seen this or have any evidence of it? I would rather wait until conclusive proof was produced before calling for the sacking the pair of them. If it is true however, they both have some serious explaining to do.

FFS it was seen on television in close up !

I saw this incident quite clearly on the tv. The silence had started and the camera focused in on Boyd who was smirking and muttering something.The camera then moved out slightly and this is when McGregor,standing next to him, was seen giggling (obviously to whatever Boyd had said). I was very disappointed in both if them.

Exactly. Stop all this pish about them Not smiling during the silence.They were, as everyone watching on tv could see quite clearly.It looked like Boyd had cracked a joke and that of course is what one would normally do when honouring a Rangers man who has just passed.Lets get it right ! THERE IS NO EXCUSE.

Stop standing up for ignorance ! :angry2:

Again, I was at the game so didn't see this.

Obviously it's very disappointing to hear about it and I hope both players are heavily fined and made to apologise to Kai's family.

Just not good enough. I'm sick of the lack of professionalism, commitment and pride from far too many of our players.