Di Stefano makes offer

TheCopland

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have followed what he has been doing from the get go it make for an interesting situation and despite what you may think of him personally he may have found the pot of gold at the bottom of the rainbow. One thing for certain he isn't doing any harm and a lot more than so many Rangers men. It may all go to fuck but at least someone is trying and saying what he is doing. At the very least it may give us another option and strengthen our position with the bams up here. So go for it Gio!

It certainly seems as if he is doing no real harm. You just have visions of someone at the FA taking a telephone call, putting him on hold and having the following conversation with the boss:

Receptionist: It's that nutcase from Scotland again.

Boss: Who? You'll have to be more specific. There's a lot of nutcases in Scotland. Regan, Doncaster?

Receptionist: That Gio-what's-it bloke, keeps asking about Rangers.

Boss: Oh, him, just tell him yes, fine, whatever.

Receptionist: Hello, sorry to keep you, yes, no problem at all.

off course the oldco can register to the FA, if they had a stadium in england.

A sunday league playing on a public park in wrexham could also apply to the FA...

but that team from wrexham doesn't have the fan base hence funding of rangers

off course the oldco can register to the FA, if they had a stadium in england.

A sunday league playing on a public park in wrexham could also apply to the FA...

They certainly can apply, where they will be told that there is now a Welsh league and they need to apply to the Welsh FA for admittanve. I guess thats what you were saying though.

but that team from wrexham doesn't have the fan base hence funding of rangers

Of no relevance as the FA wont accept a request from A Welsh team to jon the FA. If any of the current Welsh clubs in the English Leagues went bust (Cardiff) and came back as a newco they in theory can only apply to the Welsh League.

riight lets get this straight we are slaggin off this madman?? but is one of the most respected guys on earth? and one of the top minds in the land? hes no doin this for publicity, so either hes Gen up, or he has a mega grudge against us on deAls rangers done with dundee!!???

fkn nutzoid

If anyone thought John Brown was loopy, I dread to think what that makes this character. OldCo Rangers, that he is bidding for, still has Rangers FC Group as its major shareholder. And as such he would have to reach an agreement with Craig Whyte to transfer his shares.

Craig Whyte already transferred them to Charles Green for double the amount Di Stefano is offering.

Of no relevance as the FA wont accept a request from A Welsh team to jon the FA. If any of the current Welsh clubs in the English Leagues went bust (Cardiff) and came back as a newco they in theory can only apply to the Welsh League.

You're spot on, cause they would have to go through the Welsh FA for a membership. Then logistics would come into play via re-entry.

But what Di Stefano is saying, he isn't using Rangers as we know it today. He's just wants the brand and marketing rights and relaunch them as a new club down south. New stadium etc.

Think of it as a corporate sponsor, like in the mould of Redbull. That's the path he's suggesting.

Aye but is he not saying that rangers have been a member of the FA since 1886 or something and that they have never had their membership terminated?

Craig Whyte already transferred them to Charles Green for double the amount Di Stefano is offering.

Okay, so Mr di Stefano expects Charles Green to take an immediate £1 hit on his investment? Personally, I would think that as soon as the CVA crashed and burned that "deal" was nullified and Green wrote off his couple of quid.

Okay, so Mr di Stefano expects Charles Green to take an immediate £1 hit on his investment? Personally, I would think that as soon as the CVA crashed an burned that "deal" was nullified and Green wrote off his couple of quid.

(tu)

Aye but is he not saying that rangers have been a member of the FA since 1886 or something and that they have never had their membership terminated?

I'm agreeing with the point that if we are still membesr of the FA then that can change things, I was replying to a post when the poster said a new Welsh club can apply to the FA, they cant.

While I'm not saying what the mad lawyer is saying cant happen my scorn comes from one point. If Rangers were still membesr of the FA and could move there Murray would have exploited it years ago and quadrupled the value of his Rangers shares. Based on the fact that Ogilvie knew the ins and outs of SFA/FA membership while he was employed at Rangers for that reason alone I'm out! :)

Even if you could prove a link all the way back to 1886 that would be Oldco, and we would be in the same situation of needing to apply as Newco. Or am I missing something.

Even if you could prove a link all the way back to 1886 that would be Oldco, and we would be in the same situation of needing to apply as Newco. Or am I missing something.

You're missing that Mr di Stefano is only interested in the OldCo ... that's what he is bidding for.