We need Goian, Boca, Wallace, etc to go

Velo

We need to keep as many of the players we have left as long as we can afford them. All the big money earners are gone. I expect Edu and Goian will follow. Not sure about Boca. We can't have a team of 2nd division players just because we are in the 3rd.

We should put out the best team we can afford.

I would love it if these guys were prepared to play in SFL3 for SFL3 wages but that may be unrealistic except for McCulloch. Loaning Wallace and maybe Broadfoot out to Championship or top end League 1 clubs for a year or so would be a decent result for both us and the players concerned. Hope we can keep a few senior players because this could be a very hard few years for the young lads and a Jig or Davie Weir type big personality in the dressing room would be vital.

Goian is confirming he's out the door, but we need the other high earners to follow him if we ever get 100% confirmation we're in division 3. We have a chance to cut our cloth according to whatever division we're in each season. Only pay for the standard of player we need to get promoted each season and, hopefully run a surplus from gate receipts that we can bank for our return to the SPL.

We don't need players like Goian, Wallace, etc to get out of division 3 and in 3 years (minimum) we can build on whatever youngsters we manage to develop in the lower leagues.

Our running costs have never been lower, they are just about to get even lower in the next few weeks with guys like Boca, Dorin, Edu and possibly Lee Wallace leaving too. An outstanding opportunity to build from scratch.

If we can keep 2 of Alexander, Wallace, McCulloch and Broadfoot we're doing very, very well.

Those are the four senior players, along with Perry, that I would like to see stay.

The contribution to our total wage bill from these players will be more than outweighed by the benefits to a developing team. I would like to see their loyalty rewarded by giving them the opportunity to play a leading role in guiding us back to the top. They would be securing a place in our club's history, far beyond anything a few thousand a week could buy them, and hopefully worth the sacrifice of a couple of seasons of lower league football. If they are willing to stay, we should not try and chase them out to save some wages.

Considering the SPL just withheld our £9,000,000 and supposedly gave most of it to Hearts for Lee Wallace, would be a bit sad if he left, do we get our money back with a reciept? :disappointment:

£900,000 mate

We need some experienced players about the place. A team made up of inexperienced youngsters would get battered in Division 3.

But I agree that we need to get some of the high earners of the list. Do we really need Goian and Bocanegra in Division 3? Perry and Broadfoot would be a more than good enough CB pairing.

wouldn't want to pay the reported 5k a week for Broadfoot either,would pay it for Wallace as he is an asset who would be a first team regular in SPL,for me Broadfoot, Boca,Goian,Edu and depending on wages Bedoya will probably all have to leave as all players will be on unsustainable wages and have little or no resale value.

Also I reckon Alexander will also go,do we really need a relatively high earning 30+ goalkeeper for div3?

It would be sad to see more players leave but it just isn't feasible to pay these guys SPL salaries in div3,Wallace would be the only one I'd push the boat out to keep and I reckon Jig will accept a paycut,other than that wages should be capped at around 1k per week which imo should be more than enough to see us promoted this year and next then once in div1 we can start to spend more.

We need to keep as many of the players we have left as long as we can afford them. All the big money earners are gone. I expect Edu and Goian will follow. Not sure about Boca. We can't have a team of 2nd division players just because we are in the 3rd.

We should put out the best team we can afford.

say Boca + Goian's combined wage is 30k per week,that is £1.56m per season x3 = £4.68m we will have spent on 2 30+ CB's who will be well in their mid 30s just to get out of the SFL and would probably need replaced by then anyway,that simply doesn't make sense and will also stifle the development of the likes of Perry or Hegarty.

That £4.68m could be much better spent upon our re-entry to the SPL.

Realism. We are likely a third division club. We need to be a viable business moving forward and paying out more in wages than an SPL club while in SFL3 is not viable.

We will sell 40,000 season tickets - we have no debt , lets field the best team possible.

Are you fucking kidding me? It is 2012.

I'll leave you to decide if I am being serious or not.

Meanwhile, I am away to slash all the tyres at the catholic church a few streets away.

I'll leave you to decide if I am being serious or not.

Meanwhile, I am away to slash all the tyres at the catholic church a few streets away.

A church with tyres can you post a pic??? Is that so the paedo priests can make a quick escape??:P

I think whatever division we are in we need some experience in the team.

As an aside what a fecking shambles this whole saga has been. Scottish football was a laughing stock before now its just been highlighted to the world what a joke the SFA actually are.

From the Herald website

SPL withholds placement money to Rangers to settle Ibrox outfit's outstanding debts to member clubs

The biggest beneficiaries will be Hearts, who are due £800,000 from the £1.5 million sale of Lee Wallace's transfer last summer. The balance is due later this month, at which point the Edinburgh club can seek restitution from the SPL.

Celtic are also owed £40,337 but have yet to make a claim for it. Dundee United are also due over £30,000 and it is understood that they have applied to have that money diverted into their account.

From the Herald website

SPL withholds placement money to Rangers to settle Ibrox outfit's outstanding debts to member clubs

The biggest beneficiaries will be Hearts, who are due £800,000 from the £1.5 million sale of Lee Wallace's transfer last summer. The balance is due later this month, at which point the Edinburgh club can seek restitution from the SPL.

Celtic are also owed £40,337 but have yet to make a claim for it. Dundee United are also due over £30,000 and it is understood that they have applied to have that money diverted into their account.

Would this even be legal as there is nothing in the rules up here that states football debts get priority over regular debts.

Should also be settled with the liquidation pot as the clubs voted us out so they should have known the results if that.