Amir Khan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After that performance, can you do us all a favour and shut the fuck up? Stop boasting. You haven't reached the heights that you thought that you would get to.

Don't fight Mayweather, he will kill you.

Realistically the Mayweather fight is not on the cards now, I think he will come back to the UK and reitre after fighting a few more journey man. Khan just can`t take a punch.

I'd say Khan was beaten for a completely different reason last night than against Peterson. The Peterson defeat was down to his inability to fight inside. He was beaten by Garcia because he fights in predictable straight lines, he just comes in and out all the time. Garcia was the first hard-hitting counter-puncher he has faced and it was only a matter of time until a decent shot landed.

Khan gets a lot of stick (and he does bring it on himself at times) but I have alot of respect for the way he kept getting up and showed willing to carry on, even when it was clearly over for him. Very surprised his corner didn't pull him out of there.

1342345016' post='1060222695']

I'd say Khan was beaten for a completely different reason last night than against Peterson. The Peterson defeat was down to his inability to fight inside. He was beaten by Garcia because he fights in predictable straight lines, he just comes in and out all the time. Garcia was the first hard-hitting counter-puncher he has faced and it was only a matter of time until a decent shot landed.

Khan gets a lot of stick (and he does bring it on himself at times) but I have alot of respect for the way he kept getting up and showed willing to carry on, even when it was clearly over for him. Very surprised his corner didn't pull him out of there.

I would think that his corner didn't pull him out as they probably realised the implications that it would have on his career. They would have been hoping that he got his shit together.

He will move up to welterweight and probably a mutual parting of the ways with Freddie Roache.

Haha khan go and take a fuck to yer self time to retire now superstar pft joke. Hel be beggin kell brook for a fight at 147 now

He should just come back to england and make what money he can. American boxing is too good for him. Khan as a PPV fighter is over. His chin is his biggest opponent. if he had Carl Froch chin! he would be unstoppable.

that punch from Garcia should have ended the fight imo. You get hit behind the ear, takes away your balance and vision. Almost like fighting whilst steaming. Khan was out on his feet, legs gone, eyes glazed.

Look at this stoppage vs the Haye/Chisora stoppage. Khan was given a lot more time to recover, but seemed to be fighting on pure instinct. he never once tried to tie Garcia up and go on the defensive to give himself time to recover.

Never really liked the lad, hopefully this loss will humble him and get him back to the drawing board. Say what you like about his chin, but he still has serious skills.

Khan is a glorified amateur. He hasn't learnt anything going pro. He attacks in straight lines and always leaves himself wide open for counters, he attacks and then leaves his hands down. Let's not even mention his inability to fight in the inside.

Mayweather would murder him. I'm not sure if Khan can recover from this but he is young enough but he really needs to work on his game.

Khan always reminds me of Hatton. Not in style but in the fact that both are very good fighters but neither are great.

neither great, but hatton was miles better than khan and could actually stick to a game plan/had a chin. the difference being that hattons game plan was just to fight on the inside whereas khan's is to punch then run so his chin doesnt get hit - he never follows it.

neither great, but hatton was miles better than khan and could actually stick to a game plan/had a chin. the difference being that hattons game plan was just to fight on the inside whereas khan's is to punch then run so his chin doesnt get hit - he never follows it.

:lol: shut up.

All he did in the lead up to Peterson was talk about Mayweather this time all he did was talk about Bradley. His head wasn't in the game did anyone see the 27-7 show he was getting tagged constantly in sparring

Said that to my brother mate...the sparring partner was pounding him big time with those exact shots.

It would seem as soon as the protective head guard comes off he can't take those shots.

Didn't box smart in the end and got involved in the wrong kind of fight, he's young but has a looooooooooooooooooong way to work back.

Remember not too long ago he was TOO GOOD to simply be on Sky Sports 1...he'll be begging them to stick around now ;)

good argument.

khan has attacking technical ability but no, literally, no defence

hatton was a fighter, a brawler. good attacking, and ok (not good) defence - a chin at least.

Both incomplete fighters in their own way I suppose. Hatton has at least fought the best in and around his division. I don't think Khan will get to do that now.