For Every 5...We will have 10

lathos

Just on the subject of this big campaign being set up by the SPL to put pressure on Sky to keep the contracts in place. Apparently a huge fan power push of threats to cancel subscriptions etc. Well for every 5 of them with Sky that cancel, we will cancel 10.......I am afraid that means about 20 of us are going to have to sacrifice our Sky Subscriptions psml

havent a clue what you are trying to say

The SPL are saying they are going to use fan power to put pressure on Sky to keep the contract, ie Fans threatening to cancel subscriptions, I am just saying we probably have more people paying these subscriptions than the rest of them put together, so our pressure should be used as well, for them to bin the lot of them

The SPL are saying they are going to use fan power to put pressure on Sky to keep the contract, ie Fans threatening to cancel subscriptions, I am just saying we probably have more people paying these subscriptions than the rest of them put together, so our pressure should be used as well, for them to bin the lot of them

ah sound , got you

we will only be out the top division for one year as they will reconstruct to keep the sky deal.

We might aswell enjoy div 3 as we won't be there long.

It is going to be interesting to see the next move. I doubt this is not over yet. However with a reconstruction I don't really see how they can just bump us straight up the leagues.

I reckon the best they might manage is a 16 team top division with a 20 team second tier and conference below. I still think we are going to have to climb the leagues, which I would quite like to see us do.

Sky clearly benefit from having us in the Spl . The OF game alone are very valuable but they were never seriously going to tear up the contract . This was all posturing to try and force Rangers back into the Spl.

Sky Will add the sfl to there contract. The Spl Will pay the sfl a pittance and we Will carry on as before . New contract, Thats a different kettle of fish.

Classic post :lol:

Campbell Brand

12:38 PM on 15/7/2012

The sky deal was not conditional on old firm games being available and there are plenty of other tasty fixtures in the SPL next season.

It will not be long before some tv company picks up the rangers 1690 games and the SFL can keep all the proceeds rather than some bribe that failed from the SPL.

Given that BBC Scotland funded by the public with a mandate to provide a service particular to Scottish needs, why don't they take it on for at least a season? They just spent £380 million of Scottish tv licence payers money on that new HQ at Pacific quay surely it can do more than give us Postman pat in Gaelic

Fan power? Beyond Celtic there is no fan power in the SPL. Do these idiots really believe that SKy/ESPN will be frightened as easily as the SPL chairmen were by their pitiful handful of whinging fans?