** Rumours - official thread **

J_RFC87

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charles Green has made an elaborate attempt to lure Michael Owen to Rangers.

Talking after the 3-0 win over Falkirk in the League Cup, Green said "Me and Ally have had a traumatic day today. An agent we deal with had his mobile phone stolen, that led to both Ally and my phone numbers being tweeted, spread all over the internet. Think we've had about 16000 phone calls and millions of messages"

"I have a new number now and Im in the process of getting it to the people who need it. Out of sheer luck I was given the number of a certain Michael Owen when I was scrambling for some of my old numbers."

"I decided I'd leave him a message to see if there was any interest. Obviously he is a free agent but our embargo comes into place at the end of tomorrow so we are working towards a deadline."

seen this on a facebook page

Charles Green has made an elaborate attempt to lure Michael Owen to Rangers.

Talking after the 3-0 win over Falkirk in the League Cup, Green said "Me and Ally have had a traumatic day today. An agent we deal with had his mobile phone stolen, that led to both Ally and my phone numbers being tweeted, spread all over the internet. Think we've had about 16000 phone calls and millions of messages"

"I have a new number now and Im in the process of getting it to the people who need it. Out of sheer luck I was given the number of a certain Michael Owen when I was scrambling for some of my old numbers."

"I decided I'd leave him a message to see if there was any interest. Obviously he is a free agent but our embargo comes into place at the end of tomorrow so we are working towards a deadline."

seen this on a facebook page

Hahahaha :lol:

Imagine Michael Owen away at Annan Athletic in the middle of December :lol:

I can picture him refusing to get off the team bus wrapped in a warm blanket with gloves and scarves on saying, 'Fuck this boss!'

Ha i saw him on goals on Sunday and he was essentially touting himself around while also being a picky bastard. Said he wanted to be playing in the premiership and, I quote, 'it'd be nice if the club was near my house'

Ha I don't see it somehow

Keep an eye on Andy Halliday on Twitter:

"Can anyone remember my input to deadlineday last 2 years?? Well, I know of at least 1 player Rangers have signed...."

He broke the news about Diouf I remember, and either Healy or Bartley as well.

Much needed width?

Agreed we need width, but I'd say that any signings we make now should be done so with next season in mind, more so than this. We should have enough in the squad to win this division but need to strenghthen for next season- especially if the restructuring rumours turn out to be true. It is for this reason, coupled with the impending singing restrictions, that I feel any season long loan deals are a waste of time unless the option is there to make them permanant.