** Rumours - official thread **

J_RFC87

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham Spiers ‏@GrahamSpiers

Eduardo Hurtado – ‘The Tank’ – apparently happy to come out of retirement and play for Rangers. Just turned 42, still got some mileage…

He hasn't scored a goal for over 5 years and that was for a complete diddy team!

My mate who plays for Brechin text me saying he heard at the game today that if mark Kerr the former Falkirk and Aberdeen midfielder will have a trial at rangers if he fails to win a contract at hivs

He is on trial at Carlisle.

No he ain't played for hivs yesterday I checked all his info as I wouldn't post shite! It might not come to anything if he gets a deal with them anyways but supposedly ally would like a look at him!

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-united/latest/extra-week-for-trialists-to-impress-carlisle-utd-boss-1.978593?referrerPath=home

Edit - Checked google and you are correct, he was playing for Hibs yesterday.

My mistake, mate.

No he ain't played for hivs yesterday I checked all his info as I wouldn't post shite! It might not come to anything if he gets a deal with them anyways but supposedly ally would like a look at him!

Would much rather sign him that the Greek guy decent player and in the 3rd Divison he becomes a great Player

Would much rather sign him that the Greek guy decent player and in the 3rd Divison he becomes a great Player

You would rather have Mark Kerr over Pantelis Kefas

I haven't seen much of Kefas, but his CV is far more impressive. Age is just a number, especially in the third division.

That doesn't make sense mate

Kafeas' has a far more impressive CV than Kerr does so the only possible reason that anybody could want Kerr over Kafes is because Kerr is younger.

Is a players age, especially a player who has spent his entire career playong at a high level, really going to matter in SD3?

Kafeas' has a far more impressive CV than Kerr does so the only possible reason that anybody could want Kerr over Kafes is because Kerr is younger.

Is a players age, especially a player who has spent his entire career playong at a high level, really going to matter in SD3?

spot on mate (tu) how could anyone prefer Kerr who's reached the dizzy heights of Aberdeen and cant even manage a Scotland cap during his career to Kafes who has won 40 caps for Greece and been a regular starter for the top teams in Greece for over a decade <cr>

SFL3 should be a piece of piss for anyone of that experience even at his age,plus youngster such as Kyle Hutton will no doubt benefit from playing alongside him.

From the Sky Sports site:

Can't start new topics cause am at work, stupid locked down internet!!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7955060/Romanian-on-Rangers-radar

Rangers are considering a move for Romanian midfielder Andrei Ionescu, Sky Sports understands.

The 24-year-old is set to leave Belgian outfit Royal Antwerp due to issues over wages not being paid.

And Rangers have been alerted to the midfielder and are ready to make a move.

Ionescu, who spent time in PSV Eindhoven's youth academy, has spent most of his career in Bucharest playing for Universitatea and more recently Steaua.

He left Steaua last summer to move to Belgium, but after one season with Antwerp he is ready to leave.

Ally McCoist is rebuilding his squad following their demotion to Division Three - but a number of players are still attracted to the Ibrox outfit, and one of those is Ionescu.

Gregory Vignal.

31 now, and a free agent.

Coisty supposedly made aware of his status and allegedly already in contact with his agent about a return to Ibrox.

Would love this Remember his goal v celtic

McLeish has been contacted by Gregory Vignal, who hopes to return to Ibrox seven years after helping them to become champions.

The 31 year-old full-back also won a League Cup winner’s medal while on loan from Liverpool, with whom he won the FA Cup, Uefa Cup and European Super Cup in 2001.

Now free agent Vignal, wants to help Ally McCoist’s side to charge through the lower leagues and he’s asked Alex McLeish, who also managed him at Birmingham City, to facilitate the move.

“You can see Rangers still have the allure,” said McLeish. “Gregory phoned me the other day and told me to put a word in for him with Coisty.

“There is Gregory, willing to come back to play in the Third Division and maybe he can help Coisty.”