We're in for Sandaza !

According to the Sun.

RANGERS are plotting a fresh swoop for former St Johnstone striker Fran Sandaza — if their signing ban is lifted.

But they will need to fight off Hearts, Hibs and Saints to land the Spaniard, who has been without a club since quitting McDiarmid Park in May.

Sandaza saw a move to Ibrox fall through in January.

But he remains a top target for Gers manager Ally McCoist as he tries to rebuild his decimated squad.

And a shock move to Ibrox could appeal to the 27-year-old hitman, even though Gers will kick-off next season in the Third Division.

Ibrox chief Charles Green is locked in talks with the SFA over sanctions relating to his Sevco’s membership application.

A key point is whether the 12-month signing embargo imposed by the SFA in April, and later overturned at the Court of Session, will remain in place.

However if Gers get the green light to sign players, Sandaza will join former Hearts duo Ian Black and Craig Beattie on McCoist’s wanted list.

Saints boss Steve Lomas is still hoping to tempt Sandaza into a Perth U-turn.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised we're still looking at SPL players, they're really not needed for the Third Division. Unless we're planning for the next two years if the embargo doesn't kick in until after the summer.

Im not so sure about Sandaza, but I would be happy with Black & Beattie. They would be really good signings for div3 imho. :21: WATP. What is it with the neg reps ive hardly said anything ffs.Im not very happy with this. :angry:

The cunt could score for fun in the 3rd but would you go from the countries top league to the 3rd. Sayin that are st Johnstone one o the clubs facing Armageddon. Maybe they're offloading him?

Surprised we're still looking at SPL players, they're really not needed for the Third Division. Unless we're planning for the next two years if the embargo doesn't kick in until after the summer.

I think we will try to get a few and mix them with our youngsters, Ally will be looking at players who can take us from 3rd up to the SPL so he isn't making major changes every year. SPL players are on shite wages, when they come to us in the SPL though they know we will pay them over the odds, now in division 3 they will probably be happy with a few grand and an absolute pish easy game every week. £1-1.5k a week for an SPL team or £2-2.5k a week playing for Rangers at Ibrox winning every week is a no brainer to me.

I dont think he is what e require we need to be careful money wose he wokld cost too much for the level of player we require .

Our youth need to step up along with the established guys we have.

Dont see a need for this guy.

I think ots filed under transfer rumours.

Besides I cant see us being allowed to signe any one IMHO.

To be honest, we need all the players we can get IF the transfer embargo is lifted which I fully expect it NOT to be as the SFA are a disgrace and yes sandaza's comments back in january were poor but he did have a decent season and should be capable of doing a job in the third divison.

But i reckon dean shiels should definitely be a target , he was superb for killie last year