TLB Bringing Game Into Disrepute Again!

broxi321

Neil Lennon has reiterated his call for Rangers to be stripped of cups and titles if found guilty of breaking strict registration rules.

The Celtic boss said he would consider it 'a moral victory' - and, although he wouldn’t want the medals he would have lost out on retrospectively, he claimed the recognition would be ‘enough’.

The SPL have set up a commission which will shortly investigate and, if necessary, punish the alleged wrongful registration of players who were signed to the Ibrox club between 2001 and 2009.

Both SFA and SPL rules clearly state that all remuneration a player receives for playing must be logged with them.

Rangers are said to have excluded payments made into Employee Benefit Trusts (EBTs) during that period from contracts — the basis for the so-called big tax case, the outcome of which has yet to be known.

If found guilty, the Ibrox club could be stripped of the leagues they won in 2003, 2005, 2009, 2010 and 2011 as well as their Scottish Cup triumphs of 2002, 2003, 2008 and 2009.

The record books could change to show Celtic, who finished second, were rightful champions while the Parkhead side, Dundee, Queen of the South and Falkirk, who lost the finals, could be awarded the cup wins.

In the event of Rangers being found guilty, Lennon believes the rewriting of the history books will be the only appropriate thing to do.

‘I will see what the commission finds and, if they are found to have broken the rules, then they should be stripped of their titles,’ he said.

‘It will not change what has gone on in the past but I suppose there will be a sort of moral victory in that respect.

‘It is not going to change my life now, by any stretch of the imagination, but it would be good to be changed for historical reference.

‘I can’t get that title or feeling back and it won’t make a huge dent on my life from here on in. It would be a lot better on my CV, though. I wouldn’t want the medals, just the recognition. That would be enough.’

Asked if the team who finished second or who lost the final should be retrospectively declared the winners as opposed to the tournament being declared null and void, Lennon replied: ‘Yes. At that time, though, it might have cost players contracts, bonuses, managers their jobs and might have relegated teams.

‘There are so many ripple effects to it. Again, you go back to the integrity of the game, was it there? If not, then it should be investigated. That is all we ask for. We are in the game for the glory and then the money comes with it.

‘The more successful you are, the more money you get but when you are a kid growing up all you want to do is to play football for a big club and to win things. That never changes.’

Its seems to me that we have a new SFA cheif executive and if this is not bringing the game is disrepute we live in a sad country and corrupt SFA.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha this guy is demented, what's wrong Neil, Did last seasons tainted title leave you wanting more tainted success? Or are you just a bitter little ginger bastard who's obsessed and jealous of The Big Club, like your inbred fans... You lot are mental, total disgrace to Britain! were's your dignity?

So he doesnt want the actual medals but he does want to count tainted trophys on his CV so it looks like hes actualy won something of any worth, except those trophys are even more tainted than his treble oops i meant double oops wrong again, i mean single trophy he got his mhanky piss stained hands on last season doh

Just heard this on SSN. The actual sky sports guy had to keep reminding the tosser reading the back pages that these were just allegations and nothing is proven. And quoting popcorn teeth as if hes an authority on the matter. If I want advice on being an unwashed manky ned bastard, then your my go to guy neil. I just dread to think people outside Scotland taking this as fact. As Churchill said "A lie can get halfway round the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on"

Mr Morals LOL:

I fail regularly in my job & I blame or threatened my opponents or officials to hide my weakness....no that's him too. Morals.

I spit on rivals scarves and call 45k people dirty Orange b's, no wait, you guessed it.....that's Mr Morals too.

I did a land deal with a known Republican terrorist & got fucked over.....yep, him again. Morals.

And on the subjecft of MNarseille, did we get the chance to play AC MIlan in a re-arranged final? No.

On the subject of integrity, should they be stripped of all honours won during the sexual abuse period of young players which Big Jock knew all about? Yes.

People in glass houses etc.

Just saying!

Fucking astonishing if nothing is done about this little outspoken trouble making mixing fuckwit.

I fucking hate Scottish football.

What a fucking shithole of a country.

Thats why I left. Honestly, once you are out of here you finally realise how you are being held back personally.

Guy on ssnews who reads the back pages... just said he has a good point and compared us to marseille.. What a bunch of cunts

Aye, Marseille where found guilty but they didn't get euro cup win taken from them.

Total Fud

No class about him or his teams fans and chairman. You would never see Ally or any Rangers men go to the press with that sort of bullshit - who the fuck wants tainted titles from 8 years ago?

Rangers players won fair and square on the park so get it p you ya we wank that your bottle crashed at Moterwell! Or was it EBT's that scored Scott McDonalds goals. Im sure Selick even had a mega star in Bellamy playing for them then - who was paying his £60k a week?

So what about their use of an EBT and image rights, do these also not count as dual contracts?

How the fuck is no cunt investigating there ebt scheme we declared ours in accounts.they didn't even tell sfa we did can't get my head round no cunt in the press ibrox sfa is highlighting this getting really sick of this.im sitting watching all this n no cunt is standing up to these tarrier bastards

Win by any means is still their mantra and they'll press for anything to narrow that massive gap between us and them.

I expect this will build to a crescendo just like the SPL vote did.

It started with Hinkel, then Tom Boyd yesterday, Lemon today. They will put up a different punter spouting their view every day to drip-drip this into the various clubs fans.

Pretty soon it'll just be accepted this is what has to happen.

I've seen this coming for a while because we have just sat back and took every one of their slaps and turned the other cheek. The Rangers management have to be a bit more rigid and stand up to these fuds.