A view from Division Three (if this is okay)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am neither Gers or Celtic - I am a lifelong supporter for many decades of The Mighty Shire. East Stirlingshire FC who I think hold the record for being bottom of Division Three on very many successive seasons.

I have never imagined in my life coming on to a Gers board but as things stand you have been parachuted into our division and therefore I have been reading it and I'd like to make a few comments if that is also okay. Which is my reason for signing up to do so.

My club, founded 1881, nearly went out of existence last season after being financially rogered by charlatans (if that sounds familiar, please post about it). We lost our ground (Firs Park) and now share Ochilview with Stenhousemuir. We hope one day to have our own ground again but it's not very likely.

Our players are part time (aside from any loanees from pro clubs above). We play in Black and White and our average home attendance is below 300 although I would argue that they are very, very committed supporters. Just not enough of them.

We are supporter run - the Supporters Trust have the majority shareholding in our little club - and I would like to think that your supporters will get a warm and troublefree welcome. You may find some of the facilities a little spartan here and there which is not to mention some synthetic pitches.

We have the lowest season ticket in the SFL - £120 a year and no idea what you lot are paying.

We are a club which has been lucky to survive but which I am immensely proud to support.

There is a thread, I see, on your board about how many times you will go into double figures. I am completely unqualified to say about that but should it occur v East Stirlingshire FC it would not for a moment dent my support for The Mighty Shire.

I note that on the header of this forum you state "we don't do walking away".

Neither do we do that at The Mighty Shire even if you do run up double figures.

I am looking forward to our season and that includes playing the mighty Gers. Welcome aboard!

Thank you for that post mate. I'm delighted that you took the time and effort to register your support for your club. We're all looking forward to playing you and, hopefully, meeting with you all. Regardless of the outcome of our games, I really appreciate your post.

All those good wishes obviously worked - got off to a fine start today by beating Div 2 Ayr 3-1 at home and a thoroughly deserved win, too. Great game - real Cup match and both sides went for it but we were quite comfortable in the end.

And yes we do have at least one fan in Oz!

As an Ayr fan I can echo the sentiments of all the posters on here. This is truly uncharted waters for anyone in Scottish football. I speak as someone whos team will probably miss Rangers as when you go up we will probably go up to the first and then pass you when we get punted back to the second!(now thats optimism for you!!).

I think that Rangers fans have had enough of everyting and just want to get on an play (and watch) football. I know I am. Whatever happens regarding your Big Tax Case is to do with the previous incarnation of the name.

Those muppets in the SFA and especially the SPL should be allowed to rot and die as they have done no good for ANYBODY outside their own wee worlds. Doncaster and Regan should be held up in years and decades to come as to how not to run an organisation.

I wish you all well.

just hang about in the second divison an extra year mate, come have a party at ibrox, then win the playoffor finishing second to us that year :P(tu)

Also nice OP, and a genuinley refreshing thread.

Regards to the OP, clearly we all support our teams with equal passion regardless of the numbers involved.

The sad thing is I can no longer say the same to the supporters of the remaining SPL and 1 SFL clubs, they know who they are, and along with the SFA I hope they come to learn that revenge is truly a dish best served cold.

FFS I thought I had logged intae Pie and Bovril there!

Seriously though, some excellent posts in here.

How about we have a section on the Forum for SFL clubs' fans? It would be a first, and would help us foster relationships with the majority of Scotland's clubs. It would also be handy for getting tickets for the away games. :sherlock:

Why can't we stand together at these small grounds and support football, and grab a huge chunk of good publicity for ALL of the country's SFL clubs (except you know who!)

Let's show the cunts who fucked us over how much better we are than them at supporting our teams, fostering good relations with others, and enjoying our days out at the football.

FFS I thought I had logged intae Pie and Bovril there!

Seriously though, some excellent posts in here.

How about we have a section on the Forum for SFL clubs' fans? It would be a first, and would help us foster relationships with the majority of Scotland's clubs. It would also be handy for getting tickets for the away games. :sherlock:

Why can't we stand together at these small grounds and support football, and grab a huge chunk of good publicity for ALL of the country's SFL clubs (except you know who!)

Let's show the cunts who fucked us over how much better we are than them at supporting our teams, fostering good relations with others, and enjoying our days out at the football.

Good idea booler, let's try and foster good relations with all our SFL colleagues(except Annan & Dunfermline).

All those good wishes obviously worked - got off to a fine start today by beating Div 2 Ayr 3-1 at home and a thoroughly deserved win, too. Great game - real Cup match and both sides went for it but we were quite comfortable in the end.

Maybe we'll be drawn together in the next round if we can get passed Brechin tomorrow!! :21:

The OP started this with a view to supporting us "hurt" Gers fans in my veiw and for that I thank him. The best of it is we all wanted to restart in the 3rd as we are sick fed up of being steamrolled over the last few months and having not matter what "Sanction" agreed suddenly not enough as something else has to be disussed. Wel feck them and their "loss of revenue, rot and die" in my mind.

Well for a year we had our disgrace which is under White, the rest cannot as yet be judged on until the court does, if it does then a few teams in England will be cacking themselves too.

As for our current brothers in the SFL, I know we may well beat some teams badly (10-0 unrealistic) but bad enough, but never forget we are the Rangers and we know who have stood with us and been there when we needed it.

When we get back to the SPL (reformed) hopefully we can stop this OF monopoly and pay back some of the SFL clubs by making sure they have more money, we are Rangers and we will have a voice.

The Bears will never forget and you can see it in the voice of eevry fan on this site, we are one together.

Give me his name and we will have him over for a cuppa. And well done on beating Ayr.