A view from Division Three (if this is okay)

Welcome to the madhouse !

I think ALL the Rangers support are looking forward to simply going to support our team without the total bile that has polluted the SPL in the main.

I am from the era when we were last an SFL club and away days to "smaller" teams were among the best days ever, the "buzz" in the small tight grounds with people standing among friends and the banter and singing flowing.

Hope we do get to play the game and the dark hand of evil that is gripping the SFA/SPL can be defeated, otherwise you might get to play some more "big teams" pretty soon.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to RM mate.

Can I just say after the media, SPL, SFA battering we have taken what a pleasure it is to read a fans view positive view on Rangers.

Hopefully with the funds generated from games against us will contribute to getting back your own stadium.

Your support deserve that.

It will be interesting to see how the Div 2 and 3 clubs use the cash windfall they receive from us being in the lower leagues, my bet will be they'll be more frugal than the idiots in the SPL who have squandered millions.

Welcome aboard....It's a delight to be in sfl3 (no, seriously), it will be good to visit and meet the genuine football fans of the clubs there and share our adventure with them. Here's hoping it will be beneficial to our club as well as yours. As a matter of respect I, personally, neither subscribe to such threads as the double figures one nor do I believe it will accurately reflect our experience in the league. Congrats to you on your devotion to your club and I fervently hope that our support continue to display the same level of commitment during our time in the sfl.

I am neither Gers or Celtic - I am a lifelong supporter for many decades of The Mighty Shire. East Stirlingshire FC who I think hold the record for being bottom of Division Three on very many successive seasons.

I have never imagined in my life coming on to a Gers board but as things stand you have been parachuted into our division and therefore I have been reading it and I'd like to make a few comments if that is also okay. Which is my reason for signing up to do so.

My club, founded 1881, nearly went out of existence last season after being financially rogered by charlatans (if that sounds familiar, please post about it). We lost our ground (Firs Park) and now share Ochilview with Stenhousemuir. We hope one day to have our own ground again but it's not very likely.

Our players are part time (aside from any loanees from pro clubs above). We play in Black and White and our average home attendance is below 300 although I would argue that they are very, very committed supporters. Just not enough of them.

We are supporter run - the Supporters Trust have the majority shareholding in our little club - and I would like to think that your supporters will get a warm and troublefree welcome. You may find some of the facilities a little spartan here and there which is not to mention some synthetic pitches.

We have the lowest season ticket in the SFL - £120 a year and no idea what you lot are paying.

We are a club which has been lucky to survive but which I am immensely proud to support.

There is a thread, I see, on your board about how many times you will go into double figures. I am completely unqualified to say about that but should it occur v East Stirlingshire FC it would not for a moment dent my support for The Mighty Shire.

I note that on the header of this forum you state "we don't do walking away".

Neither do we do that at The Mighty Shire even if you do run up double figures.

I am looking forward to our season and that includes playing the mighty Gers. Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the site and in true RM tradition here's a present

:shifty:

Only jokin

I worked with a Shire fan back in the mid 90s and attended a match at Firs then went for a mad one at FUBAR. He used to travel over to Germany to meet up with some friends of his to watch Schalke04 and occasionally partake in a bit of "hooliganism"!

Coincidentally, we used to wear black and white to work :ph34r:

As an Ayr fan I can echo the sentiments of all the posters on here. This is truly uncharted waters for anyone in Scottish football. I speak as someone whos team will probably miss Rangers as when you go up we will probably go up to the first and then pass you when we get punted back to the second!(now thats optimism for you!!).

I think that Rangers fans have had enough of everyting and just want to get on an play (and watch) football. I know I am. Whatever happens regarding your Big Tax Case is to do with the previous incarnation of the name.

Those muppets in the SFA and especially the SPL should be allowed to rot and die as they have done no good for ANYBODY outside their own wee worlds. Doncaster and Regan should be held up in years and decades to come as to how not to run an organisation.

I wish you all well.

As an Ayr fan I can echo the sentiments of all the posters on here. This is truly uncharted waters for anyone in Scottish football. I speak as someone whos team will probably miss Rangers as when you go up we will probably go up to the first and then pass you when we get punted back to the second!(now thats optimism for you!!).

I think that Rangers fans have had enough of everyting and just want to get on an play (and watch) football. I know I am. Whatever happens regarding your Big Tax Case is to do with the previous incarnation of the name.

Those muppets in the SFA and especially the SPL should be allowed to rot and die as they have done no good for ANYBODY outside their own wee worlds. Doncaster and Regan should be held up in years and decades to come as to how not to run an organisation.

I wish you all well.

Is the feeling amongst most of the lower leauge fans that Regan has to go?

I wish you all well.

Am looking forward to playing Ayr at somerset at some point in the next few years being a Maybole lad :D

I'm looking forward to the journey back up the divisions, knowing it could last more than three years. If, as reported, we are offering players up to £7k a week, then we should surely do it in three years. I doubt we'll be steamrolling teams 10-0 like one poster suggested elsewhere, but if we are in the mood I do believe we have the quality to dish out some hammerings, just as much as we have the complacency to be upset now and again.

One of the main reasons I'm happy about coming down to Division Three is the fact that we have a new challenge ahead. The SPL is monotonous, and I don't know any other league in Europe which has a split where the team finishing 7th can realistically finish with more points than the one finishing 5th. The fact one team gets relegated bugs me too, I'd have at least two go down, or at least introduce a play-off system between the SPL and SFL. I wrote a letter to Mr Regan outlining how I felt Scottish football could be restructured from top to bottom, allowing healthy competition to take place and make every single game meaningful, rather than playing the same teams four times a season. Can you imagine the journeys Queen of the South and Ross County had to take to play each other? I believe in a 16 team league, from the top level all the way to the bottom, ensuring each match becomes 'meaningful'.

I find the fact that the SPL want to get money from SFL matches sickening, I'm not sure how SFL fans feel as TV contracts aren't something which has previously been an issue. I also look forward to seeing the away end at Ibrox full 18 times this season. I remember when we played Peterhead in the Scottish Cup about 6 years ago, and they filled the corner AND the bottom of the Broomloan Road end. Only Celtic, Aberdeen and the Edinburgh clubs seem to bring a decent support to Ibrox in the SPL. Each team we play in the SFL will treat these occasions as a day-out, probably more in hope than expectation of a result, and hopefully, as has been said many times today, the cash that the Rangers brand seems to draw, can benefit these clubs in one way or another.

I'd like to wish every SFL club the best of luck over the next few years. We Welcome The Chase.

I used to love following Clydebank around the country and came to Firs Park in 92/93, I think, in the Scottish Cup. With what happened to my local team The Bankies and what I have now been through with my 1st love Rangers, things can only get better, right? Welcome and good luck to you guys next season, just a little less luck in four specific fixtures of course :P

Such a refreshing attitude from the OP and the poster from Ayr utd compared to what we have come to expect over the past year in particular. Wouldn't it be a novelty to be able to actually have a beer with other fans and exchange a bit of light hearted banter the way things used to be.

This is the first time in many a year I would go to an away game and like many others I hope that the finance from rangers games and tv revenue can go toward starting to restore your club to where it once was.